HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

My humble opinion is that when organising a meet-up you need to know exactly what route u want to pass on your tour. People will always want to do it their way, u just need to be persistent and go all the way to the end. If someone does have a good idea, and it's much better than yours then u should all do it together if most of the people agree. 😁

Level 10

Hi @HelloJess

Thanks for your sharring about alot of tips for meet ups hosts. Really its very important for all to know about it better

Warm Regards

Connect Moderator

I am LocalGuide from the beginning with a lot of experience and so many friends here. I know some of you personally from the Summit and love this big family and the friends that I found this way. As community and Connect moderator I spend a lot of time here. BUT I never hosted a meet-up - I feared the high standards. 

Now I am planning my first photo walk

Thank you @PaulPavlinovich, @Shirley, @IlankovanT and all the others here for sharing your experience!

Thank you @ErmesT for the invitation to the pre-meetup.

Thank you @AlejandraMaria for organizing and motivating!

Please mention me with @LudwigGermany on your reply, so I get notified

Connect Moderator   Maps   Instagram   Twitter 

Connect Moderator

Hosting a meet-up is always a nice experience, but the first one is... 

Is the first one @LudwigGermany

I started with a very hard test, Ludwig, a two day's meetup with guests coming from abroad @AlejandraMaria

And many others from all Italy, North to South, and accommodation to arrange for two nights. Hard to do, but with a lot of fun. Can't wait to read your recap 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

So @ErmesT if you repeat such an event, I will come too. 😉

Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

As I know @KimberlyAnnG loves wine too. 😋

Level 9

@LudwigGermany lol!  Yes I do!!!!

In fact, I've been VERY busy and work these past few months.  Our winery is reopening on February 24th....  😁

Taking a visiting Local Guide, Becky Curran #LGSummit16, down for an insider visit this Friday!!  Will be certain to post about it 😁🍷

I'm also currently considering an April visit to Rome.... Wine suggestions always welcome!!!

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 9

Thanks to you @LudwigGermany For joining us!

Like everything in life... first time is more difficult because you don´t know how everything goes... but once you started, if you like it is very difficult to stop  😃.

My tip is start and learn and try to improve of each experience. And if you have friends is  easy that some of them can join you.

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 9

@ErmesT , I didn´t know it was your firsts mee-ups...  You did it great!

And waiting for the Next one wine meet-up :))

Regards,

Alejandra.