HelloJess's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: What are your tips for first-time meet-up hosts?

Hi @CHANDRAsEKHAR there are two kinds of meetup. Google do run events themselves with official meetups and which are put on by Google for Local Guides. The other kind are those that we Local Guides run. Most of the meetups are those that are run and hosted by Local Guides themselves "Powered by us" on these ones I've not experienced one where Google have contributed to that sort of Community Meetup.

One of the Googlers like @HelloJess would be able to give some more information.

Former Google Contributor

Hi @CairoG! If you look at the description for each star, you will see a link. One community has setup a Facebook page and the other has setup a Google+ Community. I would join those and post there, too!

Former Google Contributor

Hi @CHANDRAsEKHAR ,

@PaulPavlinovich is correct. We don't provide monetary support for meet-ups organized by Local Guides themselves. You can find out more about these types of meet-ups here and on our Help Center here. On occasion we organize events ourselves, in which case we will pay for the costs.

Level 6

Muchas gracias @HelloJess, ahora si me has ayudado mucho! 100 Local Guides localizados de una! Tremendo!. 

@HelloJess wrote:

Hi @CairoG! If you look at the description for each star, you will see a link. One community has setup a Facebook page and the other has setup a Google+ Community. I would join those and post there, too!

Level 6

Thanks for sharing and writing in details  !!

Level 8

How do you encourage folks to come? NYC has so many things for a person to do that our meetups rarely get more than three people.

Texan by birth New Yorker by choice Y'all
Level 9

@PhenixH: it really easy and in many major urban centers, as you mentioned, there are so many other events going on and everyone has different interests.

Have you checked out the NYC G+ community? I think if you can connect with some others who share similar interests with you, it can help.  The meet-ups start small and they do grow.

I've also organized meet-ups and 10 people RSVP to say they'll go, but only half of them will show up.  Things happen and people get busy, just have to keep trying and organize different types of events to see what people are most interested in!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Level 7

What is the best way to find people looking to meet up? It seems that most people who are intelligent and creative enough with the desire to help out the community as local guides are hard to find. Please pardon my run-on sentence. It would be cool to do a meet up on one of our East Coast beaches for a photo hunt or something. I would like to meet y'all online or hanging out exploring and helping as guides!

-Cameron C

Treasure Coast, Fl

Level 3

The Game Is On My List for me Ryan and I have to get my text about the bus stop

Cm duck c.d.s. 
Level 6

@HelloJess

How can be i meetup where is less amount of members are available like india and nepal mostly in remote area and who have to host it.

Happy To Be Here