VinayakGarg's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

Visiting Hong Kong in April - Kowloon (Meet Up!!)

Hello, 

I am visiting Hong Kong in April. 

I am a photographer and a tech entrepreneur from India. I would love to meet fellow LocalGuides in Hong Kong for exploring food or bay ... or just to exchange stories.

I would be particularly excited to meet other photographers/ models & Entrepreneurs

Hong Kong
13 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Visiting Hong Kong in April - Kowloon (Meet Up!!)

@VinayakGarg That will be a lot of fun! I moved to Australia years ago but still can pass you some recommendations. Kowloon is a great place for photos. Not just in the CBD (TST), but if you go to somewhere local and old (e.g. Yau Ma Tei and Choi Hung Estate), you can take a lot great photos there. 

Check out this news article for inspiration. 🙂

Level 7

@ShirleyY Your reply reaffirms that I am staying in the right part of town 🙂 What is CBD / TST 😛 

What an amazing list of places! I am bookmarking this article and thanks for sharing! I am determined to make it to atleast few of these - especially the beach for reflection photos 🙂 

Former Google Contributor

@VinayakGarg haha TST is Tsim Sha Tsui. Together with Causeway Bay on the HK Island, it's the CBD in HK. 

If you would like to see a different side of HK, I also highly recommend you to check out some suburbs in the New Territories. 🙂 I grew up in the N.T. So it's always my favourite. 

You can check out this link

Level 7

Thank you @ShirleyY 

Link you shared is really insightful - I didn't find some of these suggestions in other places I was researching online. 

Level 8

Hi @VinayakGarg welcome! I'm local guides from Hong Kong. When will you be in Hong Kong? 

If you need any suggestions on things to do or what to eat in Hong Kong, just let me know 🙂 

or you can check out our local guides community here to find more information.

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) {Hi! I'm Juliana _ }
Level 7

Hi @JulianaKWK, Thank you for your reply. I will be in Hog Kong from April 13 - 20th. 

I am still figuring out the itinerary and would certainly reach out to you with questions. Right now I am trying to place different places on map, for my visualization about their spread and planning.

I am particularly interested in local markets and capturing some good photographs of the city. If there happens to be any LG meet-up during that time, I would also love to connect with other LGs. 

I had joined the Google+ community as well 🙂 

Level 8

@VinayakGarg Nice! How about meeting on 17th April (Monday)?

If you have some free time, I would be happy to show you around the city.

Let me know if the date is fine for you, and I'll ask in HK Local Guides community then.

Here are some of my suggested places to visit in Hong Kong,
1. Fa Yuen Street | Maps 
It's a very popular local market for bargain shopping. You can find a lots of bargain-priced souvenirs, clothes, bags..etc from the hawker stalls. The market is lively at night too.

2. Apliu Street Flea Market | Maps

The newest electronic gadgets are all up for sale at this popular market. You can also find the antique items from the stalls.

3. Graham Street Market | Maps

It's one of the oldest street market in Hong Kong. It has almost 160 years of history. There are many hawkers selling wet goods along the street, including raw seafoods, groceries, vegetables..etc. It's still retaining the old market features of Hong Kong.

I hope these would be helpful for you 🙂

Level 7

@JulianaKWK Thank You so much for info!!! And I would totally love to meet up

Monday I was planning to go to Disneyland or the Giant Buddha

Does the Sunday work for you? Could we connect on a messaging app for easier coordination. 

Level 8

@VinayakGarg Sunday (16th April) is fine with me. 

How about we meet at Mong Kok East Station (Kowloon district) about 5-7pm?

I would like to take you to eat some local food and walk around the markets that I mentioned in the previous reply, see if you're interested 🙂

You're welcome to add my G+ in order to keep contact by using Hangout.