Ddimitra's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Unofficial Meet Up Indonesia Local Guide and Bangladesh Local Guide

Meet Again With Me, Devi from Jakarta Indonesia.

I wanted to share my stories about meeting with local guide from other countries

In FB group I met Pavel @PavelSarwar from Bangladesh. Last week, he had  a business trip in Jakarta, Indonesia.  I asked him whether he want to meet me in Jakarta. He answered my message with warm welcome. He said Yes. So we exchanged our phone number.

He came here with his colleagues from Google Crowdsource. We planned to have a meet up on Thursday, 26 April 2018 Evening,  he asked me whether I can show him souvenir shop in Jakarta.

I informed our  unofficial meet up in Jakarta WA group.  Turn out my fellows on Jakarta local guide wanted to see Pavel too. I told to Pavel, that I was going to pick him and his friends up in Pertamina University and took them to Grand Indonesia for shopping souvenirs and had meetup with Jakarta Local Guide.   

I met Pavel, Praveen and Kasturi. We had  just met, but they were very friendly and kind person. So it felt  like I had already known them for a long time.

I ordered online taxi and went to Grand Indonesia. That evening Jakarta was very crowded, so we got stuck on the road. It took approx. 1.5 hour in car. The funny thing, Pavel and Praveen were very hungry, so they ate fried noodles that they bought from canteen. Me, also hungry, that day I had a fast. I brought my meals  from home, so we ate our dinner on the car. Hahaha

On that car we discuss a lot of things, mostly about Google local guide and Google crowdsource. Nice!

That day, A Surabaya Local Guide came to Jakarta to his name is Budiono. @BudionoS.  He and Pavel were buddies in 2017 Local Guide Summit. I contacted him that evening, and invited him to come

All of us met on Grand Indonesia. I also met Budiono for the first time. He was a funny and kind person. My friends from Jakarta local guide were coming, @Ain_amush  @RiaLyzara @RahmatHarmanP
and we sat on Pizza Restaurant, and talked about lots of things. It was a wonderful time

We sat at the cafe until the mall closed. LOL

Budiono inspired me. You had to write this on Connect. Unofficial Meetup  Jakarta Local guide, Surabaya local guide, Bangladesh Local Guide and Googler.

So I wrote this article. 

I was very happy to be unofficial host of this meetup. 

As usual. Seems like we were friends for along time. Although we had just met. 
 All of us having nice discussions in Pizza RestaurantAll of us having nice discussions in Pizza Restaurant

When we first metWhen we first met

Pavel and his friends were staying at Jakarta until Saturday, 28th April 2018. I predicted Saturday was not too crowded, so I decided to bring my car along. 

Me, Rahmat and Mr Budi @BudiFXW  from Jakarta Local Guide meet Pavel and his friends

Mr Budi and Rahmat photo with Googler and PavelMr Budi and Rahmat photo with Googler and Pavel

Praveen and Kasturi had to catch flight to Yogyakarta.  Pavel flight was at night, so he stayed behind. Four of us had lunch together, and again discussed mostly about Local Guide. We shared  tips and tricks to each other, I learnt so much from my friends. I was lucky to meet them.
 Having lunchHaving lunch

After lunch, we took the journey to center of Jakarta, my plan was to  show Pavel around Indonesia University. But the university was too big, we drove around and got lost. Hahahahha...

It was a funny moments  to remember. 
I wanted to show how cool Indonesia campus, but got lost inside. 

Rahmat helped me to drive my car, so I could take a rest. 

Our  plan was to take Pavel to see centre of Jakarta. But the plan failed, that day Jakarta had an event in National Monument, the traffic jam was every where.

It was a long journey to center of Jakarta, took 2 hour to get there.

Pavel fell asleep, sleeps like a baby, while We chat about (again) Google Maps tips and tricks. LOL

In the CarIn the Car

We arrived at Gambir Station at 17.00  and walked to National Monument just to capture these photos. We ran  to catch Airport shuttle bus. Hos hos hoss... it was  a fun day although most of it we stuck in traffic jam. Hahahaha..     

Pavel photosPavel photos

Three of us pose in National MonumentThree of us pose in National Monument

My wish I can  meet local guides from all around the world in Connect 2018. But that is the big thing. The small step is, I can meet local guides from all around the world when they came to my hometown.

The offer still on. For you local guide, you can contact me if you are in Jakarta Indonesia.

Cheers,

Devi Dimitra
Jakarta, Indonesia
9 comments
Level 10

Re: Unofficial Meet Up Indonesia Local Guide and Bangladesh Local Guide

Thank you so much mbak @Ddimitra to become connector among us. Hwhwhwhw.. very glad to meet you and other fellow Local Guides in Jakarta. 

After the meet-up at Grand Indonesia, mas Ain and Lia Lyzara accompanied me to enjoy Nasi Goreng Kambing Kebon Sirih which is very tasty! And I made a video about it as well. You can find it at my YouTube channel.

What a perfect trip to Jakarta. Again, thank you so much 🙂

Level 10

@BudionoS wrote:

Thank you so much mbak @Ddimitra to become connector among us. Hwhwhwhw.. very glad to meet you and other fellow Local Guides in Jakarta. 

After the meet-up at Grand Indonesia, mas Ain and Lia Lyzara accompanied me to enjoy Nasi Goreng Kambing Kebon Sirih which is very tasty! And I made a video about it as well. You can find it at my YouTube channel.

What a perfect trip to Jakarta. Again, thank you so much 🙂

Thanks Mr Budi. It was very nice to see you 

Level 8

@Ddimitra You are so caring and kind. From Jakarta i got so memories. i am also going to write a story. 

@BudionoS we got a common thing, we both are lover of food. 

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Connect Moderator

wow had a wonderful trip dear @Ddimitra. And @PavelSarwar told me about u.U r really a nice and kind person.Hope to meet with u.

Level 8

@SumaiyaZafrin we missed u that time lot.

Proud to be a Local Guide.
Level 10

@SumaiyaZafrin wrote:

wow had a wonderful trip dear @Ddimitra. And @PavelSarwar told me about u.U r really a nice and kind person.Hope to meet with u.

Hi @SumaiyaZafrin

I hope one day I can meet you too.

Big hug from here 

Connect Moderator

Yap waiting for that day. @Ddimitra ...Big hug u too 

Level 8

yes , we had a short wonderful trip 

Stuck in a traffic jam 🚥🚥, till we arrieved in Monas , but thanks for that , so we can have lots of chances to know each other and sharing..,it's amazing  and you have lots of water bottles in your car hahaha ...

you are a great writer Mom @Ddimitra, very happy to read this story ..it's was a great moment in Monas with @PavelSarwar , nice to know you broo

Level 10

@RahmatHarmanP wrote:

yes , we had a short wonderful trip 

Stuck in a traffic jam 🚥🚥, till we arrieved in Monas , but thanks for that , so we can have lots of chances to know each other and sharing..,it's amazing  and you have lots of water bottles in your car hahaha ...

you are a great writer Mom @Ddimitra, very happy to read this story ..it's was a great moment in Monas with @PavelSarwar , nice to know you broo

Thanks for stop by @RahmatHarmanP

You are very kind person. 

Remember we tried to catch a bus together. Hahahahaha