RohitSadana's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Tricity Meet-UP {A Day full of Enjoyment and Learnings}

Dear LG Friends,

On 14 Jan 2018, We had a Tricity Meet Up at Sukhna Lake, Chandigarh............

It was a great day to start, actually I was waiting for this day for last 15 days.................

I was so excited.... Excited to meet my LG friends on the Day decided for the meet Up

I reached there well before time and started waiting. Even entered a few messages regarding my reaching at meet venue and also of the Point of Meeting Venue.

Butttttttt.. I was surprised to see only one LG came for Meet-Up named @deepakjhic...........

But I must say that single LG was a source of inspiration for me for hosting Next meet....

on the google Meet Up page there were almost 12 people attending the Meet UP, but one attended actually.

Its fine everyone is busy in their life, some may have important tasks to perform and even a few messaged on connect regarding their absence because of urgent work too...

Leaving this point, Now I would like to share the findings of our Meet Up

We both decided to wait till 12 o noon at the point of meeting at Tourist Information Centre Near Sukhna Lake. Then We both started for photowalk and clicked so many picturistic photographs of surroundings in the nearby area.

The Lake, The boats, Flowers like Dalhia, Salvia, Kachnar.......... All were adding charm to this naturally beautiful place......

There was a sound of peace at this place. In spite of many tourists at the place .... It was very Calm and Peaceful........

We clicked around 100 Photographs in the surroundings.

Then it was the high time for sharing

Although we were TWO only, but the thoughts to Share were not limited........

We discussed regarding new features of Google Maps Like Addition of TWO WHELERS / CABS on the app.

Street View App

and various other aspects related to LG programme.

Am obvious question from My LG friend Deepak that Why You contribute to Google Maps.........

the Answer was ....    Its My PAssion, Using it since long time then Why not to contribute tooooooo. Secondly by contributing on Google Maps, We are making this World a better place to Live.

Many of our doubts, We cleared by discussing with each other

In all together, It was a day of learning, Photo clicking and meeting a new Friend Like Deepak.

In the end I have a few Suggestions regarding the Meet Up

1) I think for those who have opted for attending, Google must send an email of reminding that Meet Up is there on day before meet (I dont know whether, It was sent or Not)

2) The LG friends must be encouraged to attend more and more meet Up. Google may Start giving points to LG friends for attending the Meet Ups, It will surely increase the attendence at the Meet Up.

3) A small kind of Gift/Token of Rememberence to be sent to Meet Up Attendees can be helpful in organising successful Meet Ups/

In the End, I would thank You Google for providing me with this opportunity to Meet Up with Other LG friends and I must say this was my first Meet Up and its a nice beginning..

Regards

Rohit Sadana

Happy Mapping

keep Guiding

Some Memories

Beautiful Sukhna LakeBeautiful Sukhna LakeBoatsBoatsMe and DeepakMe and DeepakBeautiful Sukhna LakeBeautiful Sukhna LakeNear the Lake BanksNear the Lake BanksDeepak Bhai ClickingDeepak Bhai ClickingYellow DahliaYellow DahliaEnjoying the DayEnjoying the DayBeautiful DahliaBeautiful DahliaOld Construction in Sukhna lakeOld Construction in Sukhna lake

@deepakjhic

@ProfArunCM

@LucioV

@OSAMA

@HelloJess

@ErmesT

@HelloSamsonR

@BishowvijayaP

@Atsukot

@iyudhi

Regards    Suggestions are welcomed....................................

Chandigarh, India
20 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: Tricity Meet-UP {A Day full of Enjoyment and Learnings}

Hello @RohitSadana, thank you for sharing a recap of your meet-up. Great photos! 

I agree with LucioV and everyone that it is not important how many people came, and that 'quality is better'. I’m glad to hear that @deepakjhic was there and you two had a great time together. I’m curious to know about people who RSVP’d but didn’t show up. Did they contact you after the meet-up?

1) I think for those who have opted for attending, Google must send an email of reminding that Meet Up is there on day before meet (I dont know whether, It was sent or Not)

We ordinarily send a reminder email to all registered attendees two days before the meet-up. @deepakjhic, can you let us know if you received the email from us before the meet-up?

2) The LG friends must be encouraged to attend more and more meet Up. Google may Start giving points to LG friends for attending the Meet Ups, It will surely increase the attendence at the Meet Up.

3) A small kind of Gift/Token of Rememberence to be sent to Meet Up Attendees can be helpful in organising successful Meet Ups/

We appreciate your suggestions, but we want people to participate in meet-ups for social purposes, not to earn points or receive a gift. That  is because meet-ups are organized and hosted by Local Guides to meet with other Local Guides in your area.

Please continue hosting a meet-up 🙂 Thank you so much!

View solution in original post

Level 10

@RohitSadana

Wonderful, amazing. Nice Keep it up!

Level 10

@ProfArunCM

@JeslynL

Thanx for the Encouragement

Regards

Level 10

Congratulations for your first meetup of 2018 @RohitSadana!

Nice to see deep in your photos! And nice location too!

Don't worry of numbers, quality is better!

Level 10

Thanx @LucioV

Ya you are absolutely Right Quality Matters Not the numbers

Thanx for Encoragement

Level 10

It's my pleasure.

@RohitSadana wrote:

@ProfArunCM

@JeslynL

Thanx for the Encouragement

Regards

Level 10

Well done @RohitSadana to see you host your first meet-up of the year. Thanks for sharing your experience with us. I also agree with Lucio's words as well. Keep it up and keep inspiring :).

Level 7

Sir main bhi Aya Tha waha, app mile nhi. Maine apko messenger per bhi voice call ki thi

Level 10

@Jatindersingh

SIr app kitne baje ayye the

We waited from 11 to twelve at the Tourist Information Centre.

Sad to listen to you that you came but we could not meet

We will for the sure meet in the next meet Up

Regards

Level 10

First of all its your great workout @RohitSadana ans secondly you had got a best LG from your area i.e. @deepakjhic.

I have a incidence of conducting a meetup single handedly too. Your meetup is justified by our legend @LucioV by a fragment 'quality is better'.

Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful post with us. 🙂 Keep it up bro.