ErmesT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Treviso (36) photo-walk [RECAP]

Treviso (36) photo-walk was the ideal continuation of the “Treviso Wine Meetup”.

Most of the people arrived in Treviso for the first event, so the idea of the photo-walk, for discovering the city, was a way to give continuity to a journey that, for most of them, was very long.

We tried to provide the best experience to our guests, providing also a detailed map for the photo-walk.

If you click on the icons in the map, you will have a preview of the places

Despite of the rain, and the low temperature, many people joined the meetup, so at the end of the photo-walk we were more Local Guides than the expected number.

We started, with some minutes of delay, from “Piazza dei Signori” the historical heart of the city.

Treviso - Piazza dei Signori - Ready to startTreviso - Piazza dei Signori - Ready to start

Fun Fact: @manulele81 is taking photos with a very old Polaroid. Really something coming from the ‘70. Thanks to @AntonellaGr for the beautiful shot

We moved quickly to a very special (even if unknown) place: the restaurant that invented, in 1962, the world famous Italian cake, the Tiramisù.

From there, we crossed “Piazza San Vito” to reach the walking bridge to “Canale dei Buranelli”.

Piazza San Vito - photo by Mario Riva

canale dei Buranelli - Photo by @LucioV

Luckily, most of the walking ways in the center of the city are covered by arcades, so that it was possible to walk even in the rain. From “Canale dei Buranelli” we moved to the “Osteria alla Colonna” one of the oldest “Osterie” in Treviso.

Osteria alla Colonna - Photo by @LucioV

As the rain was insisting, even if not so heavy now, we reached our “pit stop place”, for restoring ourselves with some food and a glass of prosecco.

Therefore, we entered in “Muscoli’s”, another historical “Osteria”, a very small place that we filled completely. The place is in a beautiful position, just in front of the Fish market’s island.

Muscoli's Osteria - photo by Joachim Thomas 

Muscoli's Osteria - photo by @davide7O

What really surprised our guests was the amounts of water mills, to witness the purpose of a river passing everywhere inside the town.

Watermills - photo by Giorgio Tremel 

DSC04458.jpg 

@AlejandraMaria  shot of the watermill

From the Fish Market’s island, we walked then to the ex-hospital area, where there is now the university campus. The Sile River divides the campus into two parts. The river is crossed by a wooden bridge, which is a perfect point for taking photos.

Sile River - photo by Mauro Riva 

From there we reached quickly, walking along the river, our final destination: Dante’s bridge.

The name of the bridge comes from “the Commedia” (Paradiso – IX – 49) written by Dante Alighieri, in which, to mention Treviso, the poet writes about the place “And where the Sile and Cagnan (the two rivers) mate”.

Dante's Bridge - photo by @davide7O

We had time for a quick lunch, on the way to reach our cars, in a quite funny (for Italians) place, with  hamburgers and sandwiches, American style.

With the end of the meetup, also the rain stopped, and the clouds started to move away.

So we were able, on the way to the airport (@AlejandraMaria was flying back in the same day) to take some photos of the Alps, covered by snow

Alps and snowAlps and snow

And of course, Polaroid from @manulele81

here the link to the album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hka0AK4bGZgyHIIG3

Have a fun with us

Ermes

Treviso, TV, Italia
14 comments
Level 10

Re: Treviso (36) photo-walk [RECAP]

Great recap @ErmesT!!!! Today, finally, maps has accepted some updates related to the wrong place marked as PIAZZA DEI SIGNORi. 🙂

Connect Moderator

This is nice @LucioV

Just a few days ago maps accepted some more edits that we did during the meetup. 

I'm happy that you like it. 

Stay tuned for the video, and foto the post about the pre-meetup activities 

Ermes 

Level 8

Thanks @ErmesT for this great recap and also for sharing my pictures 😊

Connect Moderator

You are welcome @davide7O

More than welcome, I would say, as you are one of the most important motivator for our meetups. 

It is always wonderful meet you all around Italy 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Excelente Post @ErmesT, muy bueno las fotos me encantan.

Level 9

Really GREAT and "compact" RECAP. Of course thanks for your great wellcome in Treviso! I'm waiting for the next meetup. Where? in Venice? I loved to visit this city, and I liked so much to taste local food... mmm and local wine!

Connect Moderator

Thanks @FaridTDF, I'm happy that you like it.

For the photos, you have to thanks the beautiful group of Local Guides that attended the Meetup. My activity, hosting the Meetup, was to take photos of the photographers.

Yes @manulele81, a very compact Recap (but some photo can tell us more than an hundred words)

Of course we can had more details to this story, and everyone of you have a "personal" Point of View, that you are all invited to share in here, if you like.

More details: Arcades were protecting us most of the time, so here is some shot for everyone to enjoy:

Arcades in front of Santa Lucia church

Via Pescatori, a view from the Fish Market's Island 

Ermes

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Thanks @LucioV, feel free to pick a photo and share it in here, contributing in writing this story of a group of friends in a rainy day

Something to eat? Or something to drink?

Ermes