cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10
6 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: Toronto Local Guides

You're amazing, @HottieE! Thank you for offering to share more about organising meet-ups with the community.

Just a suggestion: After each meet-up, do post photos here in Connect along with a little recap. I'm sure you'll inspire many other community members to organise meet-ups in their own city/country, and you may be able to gain more traction for the Toronto Local Guides community. I, for one, love to see meet-up recap posts!

Take some time to explore Connect and you'll find some really incredible meet-up recaps. I'm excited to see yours! 🙂

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 10

Hello Jess,

Thanks for the recommendation to post recap photos of meet-ups.   In the past we posted meet-up recaps in the Local Guides Official Community  before Local Guides Connect existed.   In future will share in here, I wasn't aware that Local Guides Communities were doing that -  and for a throwback thursday to our a Pottersday Meetup at the Lochhart and had portions and elixiers for breakfast.   Harry Potter Meet-up at the Lockhart - This is our first 360 photo at a Meet-up  - and we were joined by Googler Traci CappielloHarry Potter Meet-up at the Lockhart - This is our first 360 photo at a Meet-up - and we were joined by Googler Traci Cappielloone of our portions for brunchone of our portions for brunchMy marshmellow potionMy marshmellow potionEggs Benedict at the Lockhart - Pottersday Meet-upEggs Benedict at the Lockhart - Pottersday Meet-up

I'm scrolling through Toronto Local Guides community and there's just so much going on, impressive! Local Guides Connect was launched not too long ago in July 2016. It's better late than never, now you know where to share! 🙂

I think I'm up for bashing if I now announce that I've never read a single Harry Potter book/watched any of the movie adaptations... and therefore don't get the "potions and elixirs" reference. Hi @TraciC, I see you! 

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 3

I was invited and registered for a Google local guides event Jan. 24 in Toronto but have no info on location. Can anyone help me? Kathy

Hi @KathyR,

Confirmation and waitlist emails will be sent today or tomorrow. We received thousands of RSVPs for fewer than 300 places so it's taken us awhile to comb through them. Details will be shared with those who are confirmed.

Thanks for your interest and patience!

Level 8

Hi @HottieE

I'll be visiting Toronto in late July and hope to attend an event. Any ideas for event during that time?

Thanks!