Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Toronto Foodies

Meet up at Scarborough Town Centre

300 Borough Dr, Scarborough, ON M1P 4P5, Canada

On Thursday the March 23, 2017 @ 11:00

went very well.  

Every other person you meet in Toronto is foreign-born. English to Ethiopians and Greeks to Grenadians they share over 100 food cultures. Sushi Burritos is one such latest hybrid products. We met up on a food crawl in Scarborough Town Centre’s newly expanded food court ‘Taste Mrkt’ on Thursday the March 23rd between 11am-12 noon and documented some exciting dishes.

We identified almost 10 ethnic dishes ranging from Thai, Indian, Japanese, northern and southern Chinese, Caribbean and many infusion dishes in between. Perfect meal experience is created with decor and the by the servers (who more or less represented the culture). All meals were priced around $8-&10 eliminating the price skimming and unfair competition.

We posted and updated the locations in Google map.  

Scarborough, Toronto, ON, Canada
14 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 10
Solution

Re: Toronto Foodies

Hey @RohithaF

I am one of the moderators for Google Local Guides Toronto - I would like to invite you to join the Toronto Local Guides Community

We hosted over 35 meet ups last year - and when you post information about meet-ups in the community you will get more people to come out we currently have 900 active members.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105785799144201799745?cfem=1

Also a good idea to share photo's of the Meet-up - as you are taking photo's already at the locations - by adding a group shot it helps to build the community.

Look forward to you participating in the community.   We have a survey you can complete to get your feedback on your experience with local Guides.

Cheers,

Richard Trus

Level 5 Local Guide

Co-Moderator Google Local Guides Toronto

www.TorontoLocalGuides.com

Streetview Trusted Photographer

View solution in original post

Level 9

Saya tak membaca ada masakan dari Indonesia.Saya ingin tau bagaima anda pikir tentang masakan indonesia?

Level 10
Solution

Hey @RohithaF

I am one of the moderators for Google Local Guides Toronto - I would like to invite you to join the Toronto Local Guides Community

We hosted over 35 meet ups last year - and when you post information about meet-ups in the community you will get more people to come out we currently have 900 active members.

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105785799144201799745?cfem=1

Also a good idea to share photo's of the Meet-up - as you are taking photo's already at the locations - by adding a group shot it helps to build the community.

Look forward to you participating in the community.   We have a survey you can complete to get your feedback on your experience with local Guides.

Cheers,

Richard Trus

Level 5 Local Guide

Co-Moderator Google Local Guides Toronto

www.TorontoLocalGuides.com

Streetview Trusted Photographer

Level 9

Tepuk tangan,

Saya akan mempertimbangkan usul yang baik.

Level 5

Thanks @RichardTrus. I just joined.

Level 7

Does Toronto make cheese steaks ??

Level 10

@Phila_2011 wrote:

Does Toronto make cheese steaks ??

If you are referring to Philadelphia cheesesteak sandwich aka Philly cheesesteak sandwich, yes, they are widely available in restaurants, bistros, bars and even in food trucks and cafeterias in Toronto.

With the due respect for the people who invented this sandwich Torontonians and the rest of Canada call them popularly as Philly-steak Sandwich (thinly sliced low priced tough cuts such as knuckle meat, wedge meat or in the best case scenario ribeye, with caramelized onion with sliced mushroom mounted on a sub bun or a mini baguette garnished with melted cheese of choice such as Jalapeno Monterey Jack or most commonly with mozzarella.)

Toronto being a very multi ethnic community there are also a few variations available with such garnishes as mayo, ketchup, chives, coloured peppers and spiced sauces. The same tough sliced beef used by Korean tradition of Bulgogi are now mounted in similar sandwiches but are of quite different meal experience and flavour profile compared to unique Phillysteak sandwich.   

Yes. Toronto makes  Philly-steak sandwiches and Toronto loves them. Thank you Philadelphia for Philly-steak sandwich.

Looks like we could do a  Philly-steak  food crawl in Toronto.

Level 7

How is the hip hop music scene in Canada ??

Level 10

@Phila_2011 wrote:

How is the hip hop music scene in Canada ??

You ask this at the nick of the time. We, Toronto, are hosting what is claimed as the world’s biggest festival of Hip Hop dance theatre between June 23 and 25.

http://www.hiphopcanada.com/

You are welcome to attend and do not forget to call before you come I will treat you with the best Philly-steak sandwich of the town. 

Also please check Q at CBC Radio

http://www.cbc.ca/radio/q/friday-april-28-2017-feist-marla-frazee-and-more-1.4086649/an-introductory...

Level 7

Wish I could attend these events Im just too low on funds to world travel 😕