FritsS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 3

South Africa - JHB - Meet Up's 2017!

Calling all Local Guides in Johannesburg!

I have started this thread so that we can arrange the first meetup of 2017!

Let me know what you guys think would be a good venue.

Somewhere central with some great oppertunities for some extra points while socializing and sharing experiences.

Hope to hear from you all soon!

Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa
9 comments

Accepted Solutions
Former Google Contributor
Solution

Re: South Africa - JHB - Meet Up's 2017!

Hi @FritsS, looks like this is one of your first posts, so welcome to Connect!

Here's a tip! To organise a meet-up, I recommend finding community members from your area first. You can do so by searching the community for mentions of "Johannesburg" or "South Africa" to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into those threads and connect with the Local Guides near you.

I also encourage you to check out the unofficial Johannesburg Local Guides community to reach out to more Local Guides in your area.

(P.S This post is very useful when planning a meet-up!)

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

View solution in original post

Former Google Contributor
Solution

Hi @FritsS, looks like this is one of your first posts, so welcome to Connect!

Here's a tip! To organise a meet-up, I recommend finding community members from your area first. You can do so by searching the community for mentions of "Johannesburg" or "South Africa" to find posts that have that name in the title, body of the post, or the location tag. Feel free to jump into those threads and connect with the Local Guides near you.

I also encourage you to check out the unofficial Johannesburg Local Guides community to reach out to more Local Guides in your area.

(P.S This post is very useful when planning a meet-up!)

New to Connect? Check out Help Desk! Always keep in mind the Local Guides program rules when posting.

Level 5

It would be amazing, I think a great place would be Rosebank Mall, as there is tons of shops and entertainment. Also lots of cool buildings to take photos for Google Maps. I also want to make arrangements for a movie to celebrate the movement.

Level 5

I would love a meet-up, Rosebank Mall would be good for me too. Let me know what you decide (date and place).

Level 3

Hi FritsS!

I would recommend meeting up at Neighbourgoods Market in Braamfontein on a Saturday Morning. The city has undergone a revival and I think it would be great to showcase that! We could grab a bite for breakfast and then set out to explore the city.

How does April look? Anybody free on perhaps the 8th or the 15th?

Level 7

Hello.
I live in Johannesburg. I have just joined this site and searched for local guides and Meet-Ups.

Somewhere on the Gautrain Train and-or Bus Routes like Rosebank as someone suggested would be good.

Great to find out there are other local Local Guides.

@FritsS wrote:

Somewhere central with some great oppertunities for some extra points while socializing and sharing experiences.

Level 8

Hello! 

I'm in Joburg and new to the Local Guides community. Would love to join the meet up! 

When and where is it? 

Regards, 

Joash 

@FritsS wrote:

Level 3

Great Idea!

Has it happened yet?

Level 6

Am visiting Joburg in November, any ideas?

Level 7

thanks

khoa cao