Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 7

San Francisco Photowalk

San Francisco Photowalk

San Francisco

San Francisco, CA, USA

April 23, 2017 @ 09:00 (PDT)

Food, Photography, History – You’ll get all of these sprinkled with fun when you join us on this photowalk around San Francisco. We shall start our walk from the Ferry building. This wonderful building with the 245-foot tall clock tower has an even wonderful history to it. Our next stop is Pier 39. You could either walk it up north all the way on the Embarcadero or ride the bus. Warning - The lively atmosphere at Pier 39 is infectious. The area is filled with street performers, shops, and restaurants. The pier is the base for several other attractions like the Mirror Maze, Musical stairs, and the carousel. It’s going to take some convincing to move your little ones from drooling over the several cute sea lions. We then proceed towards Fort Mason passing by the USS Pampanito Naval museum and the Ghirardelli square. Off course, we’ll pick yummy desserts and chocolates at Ghirardelli on our way After a full recharge, we will unwind at the Lombard Street and I mean, literally unwind. The street is famous for the eight hairpin turns that gives it the title of the most crooked street in the world. We then proceed to the beautiful 210-foot Coit tower erected in 1933 is a tribute to wealthy socialite of yesteryears, Lillian Hitchcock Coit. As per Coit’s wish stated in her will, a third of her estate was donated to San Francisco for civic beautification. In the race of today’s concrete jungle, cities around the world are begging for a few more Coits. Finally we drive or take a ride to Mission street and Balmy street to enjoy the murals. Local Guides, Powered By Us, learn your area as you improve your photography and maps. You can find out more about The 36 Walk at https://plus.google.com/+The36AnnualPhotowalk

RSVP here

12 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: San Francisco Photowalk

@AtulC and @iyudhi promise me that you'll put it all into a Google Photo's album!  I'm sad I won't be on walk but I have some really good food suggestions for you all.  

One of my favorites as you are approaching Aquatic Park and Ghiradelli Square is Tanguito.  It's one of several permanently installed food trucks on Jones, between Jefferson and Beach.  I'll add it and it's neighbor, The Baked Bear (customized Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches), to your map Atul.  The food is great, fairly cheap for that area too.  Best of all, you get something way less touristy.  I'll add a few others for good measure but these would be where you'd find me 😄  Here's some pictures.  Hope you're not hungry right now....#4 is an entire cutting board full of grilled meat.#4 is an entire cutting board full of grilled meat.The corn & cheese empanadas, sooooo good.  The beef and chicken were as well.The corn & cheese empanadas, sooooo good. The beef and chicken were as well.

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

View solution in original post

Connect Moderator

Sounds fun. My calendar is still empty that day so I'm planning to join 🙂

Level 9
Solution

@AtulC and @iyudhi promise me that you'll put it all into a Google Photo's album!  I'm sad I won't be on walk but I have some really good food suggestions for you all.  

One of my favorites as you are approaching Aquatic Park and Ghiradelli Square is Tanguito.  It's one of several permanently installed food trucks on Jones, between Jefferson and Beach.  I'll add it and it's neighbor, The Baked Bear (customized Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches), to your map Atul.  The food is great, fairly cheap for that area too.  Best of all, you get something way less touristy.  I'll add a few others for good measure but these would be where you'd find me 😄  Here's some pictures.  Hope you're not hungry right now....#4 is an entire cutting board full of grilled meat.#4 is an entire cutting board full of grilled meat.The corn & cheese empanadas, sooooo good.  The beef and chicken were as well.The corn & cheese empanadas, sooooo good. The beef and chicken were as well.

?Kimberly on Social ? Google Maps  ? Instagram ? Facebook ? Twitter ?️YouTube ?San Francisco Local Guides

Level 7

hahaha yes. I am jealous of your trips 😄

Level 7

yuhuuu!!!

Connect Moderator

Won't be able to attend this anymore since I'm in NYC this weekend 😞

I might try to join the NYC photowalk instead haha

Level 2
Level 2

Only a. Level 2 hopefully I can still join. In?

Level 7

Yes! Invite your friends too. This is an open event.

Level 7

wwhhaaaattt???

Level 9

@AtulC I made it home after a crazy long day (and night and day) of flying.  I was thrilled to see what a gorgeous day you had for your walk.  Hope people came out for you and all had a good time.  Let me know when your next birding walk is.  I have some friends in the South Bay that are birders that might want to join me 😄  Also, need to learn more about our local bird life.....have TWO nesting mama's on my back porch.  One is a common Mourning Dove.  The other, I have no idea.  Would like to though 😄