JonesParapaso's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: Salsa dance and Karaoke

This is lovely @JonesParapaso. I wish I was in town I could have joined in.

Level 7

Really appreciate at lease your comment on this post. There will be many more meet-up to be hosted, hopefully you will be in town... By the way i also have another meet-up for the 29th of May for a photo walk and shoot at millennium park... I figured since its a public holiday we could have fun with pictures... cheers.

Level 10

Thanks @JonesParapaso Hopefully I hope I will be around by them. All the best to you. Should incase am not around, I will catch up here on Connect with your recap post :).

Level 7

Hello Friends,

Thank you all for your patience, here is an update to this meet-up:

It all started with a request and gratefully it was approved, thanks to #LocalGuides, although I have never done this before and felt a bit nervous but with support from friends and other Local Guide members, I stand tall and ready to take on the challenge. Reading further uncovers a little narrative of my experience being the host of the salsa dance meet-up; from meeting new people to discussions and interaction, happy factor, picture gallery and a collage of videos.

Welcome!Welcome!With great appreciation to Local GuidesWith great appreciation to Local GuidesWith great appreciation to Local GuidesWith great appreciation to Local GuidesGeneral photos/meet and greetGeneral photos/meet and greetGeneral photos/meet and greetGeneral photos/meet and greetGeneral photos/meet and greetGeneral photos/meet and greetGeneral photosGeneral photosMeet and GreetMeet and GreetGBG FCT Abuja community manager @AderogbaGBG FCT Abuja community manager @Aderogba 

I prepared a list of order as a guide and got to the venue early, feeling the thrill as I walked in boosted my mood as the sights and sound of Casalinda resonated a warm feel and indicated to be a good night. While setting up, I had a chat with few salsa instructors, unfolding useful tips about the Local Guide community, they love it, got inspired and all of a sudden, it rang a bell to one of them that he was contributing before but for some reason he stopped and now he is fired up to get back on track.

@8pm, we were ready to kick start and then came along the rain, it did obstruct some plans nevertheless; I was overwhelmed as invited guests arrived promptly; oh I extend a warm gratitude to them all. I also like to acknowledge and appreciate the GBG FCT Abuja community manager, who could not attend but supported us by providing coupons for all participants to be used at the venue. 

Due to the rain, our meet and greet session was brief so we went and joined the fun of salsa dance. We had more time to connect and discuss after couple of dance moves when the rain had subsided, I learn from a feedback of how some people describe Local Guides “I use the map for directions and sometimes get a prompt to answer some questions as well as ask mine, I did not understand it and so I thought it was a game, but now I know better”. Ony Nnoli

Progressing to showing some people how to guide others, view the level they have reached, add/edit places etc., and one said “Although I use Google map, I can’t remember when and how I signed up for this, but glad to know more about it now”

With the help of Chinazom we were able to share more insight to a few who were already on the contributors’ platform yet inactive, highlighting some ideas of how to get back on track. It was indeed a happy factor to see new members’ sign up; some re-activated their contributor’s page while others show interest to keep on contributing.

Overall, it was an interesting experience as I saw people showing interest, wanting to know more about Local Guides especially after hearing it is free. It is with pleasure and all joy to do this while I have the opportunity to.

I also like to thank @U-royFelixA for his valuable advice and encouragement, to @Chinazom who attended despite the short notice even while feeling a bit cold, yet stayed a while and was very helpful; thank you much. To others who could not make it, I believe your good intentions made my first meet-up as a host successful. Thank you all immensely and enjoy the pictures. @TraciC @HelloSamsonR @MAdriel @BishowvijayaP @ErmesT @Sagir @Gio51x @NandKK @Julien44 

Let’s keep exploring, sharing and guiding. 

Warm Regards. 

The video is not in this post, will share as an update soonest.

Level 10

Hi @JonesParapaso,

Thanks for sharing your experience. It seems that you had a great time. It is good to see all these smiles in your faces!

Keep contributing that way. You are doing well!

See you around

Jul

Level 10

Though you said that it was your first event @JonesParapaso, it is perfectly organized as done by other regular hosts. 😃

The pictures are so beautiful, participants seem highly motivated and everything is fine. Keep it up.

Did you write a recap post also?

Connect Moderator

Hi @JonesParapaso

I can see you guys had a great meet up... from the smiley faces shows you had fun...

Congratulations for the successful meet up..

I will surely check on you when ever I'm in Abuja..

Kind regards 

Sagir 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 10

@JonesParapaso Impressive work. Keep it up bro. 

Level 10

Hiiiii @JonesParapaso

Your photos and the smiles on these happy faces show that you all had a great meet-up. It was so much organized that it does not seems like it was your very first meetup.

Keep hosting such meet-up and motivating us. 

Level 9

Awesome!

Keep up the good work!!

Great photos!!!