DavidTito's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Worldwide Review Hour Perth

Hello everyone, My Meet-up for Worldwide Review Hour Mother Language was not a great turn out, Knowone had shown, and it was difficult to perform 

anything that matter, during the time I was at the Meetup there were lots of young youths and I was worried about my tripod bag and phone being taken by surprise as these 

are expensive key items to all my Meetups. But Let me Say this doesn't stop me from Hosting another Meetup, #LocalGuides in Perth are not as active as I am 

I am one Man making a difference in a big City such as Perth I have Hosted many meetups in last few years. I hope Perth #localGuides will find inspiration to join me   

But in the meantime, I will continue on as I do and what I do because I love doing it.

But id like to share some stuff from my own MAORI  background something from Wiki

Māori
Te Reo Māori
Native to New Zealand
Region Polynesia
Ethnicity Māori people
Native speakers
160,142 (2016)[1][2]
148,875 in New Zealand at least conversant[1]
Latin (Māori alphabet)
Māori Braille
Official status
Official language in
 New Zealand
Regulated by Māori Language Commission
Language codes
ISO 639-1 mi
ISO 639-2 mao (B)
mri (T)
ISO 639-3 mri
Glottolog maor1246[3]
Linguasphere 39-CAQ-a
Idioma maorí.PNG
This article contains IPA phonetic symbols. Without proper rendering support, you may see question marks, boxes, or other symbols instead of Unicode characters. For an introductory guide on IPA symbols, see Help:IPA.

Māori (/ˈmaʊri/; Māori pronunciation: [ˈmaːɔɾi] About this sound listen), also known as te reo ("the language"), is an Eastern Polynesian language spoken by the Māori people, the indigenous population of New Zealand. Since 1987, it has been one of New Zealand's official languages. It is closely related to Cook Islands Māori, Tuamotuan, and Tahitian. The number of speakers of the language has been in sharp decline since the end of World War II, despite a language revitalization effort.[4]

A national census undertaken in 2013 reported that about 149,000 people, or 3.7 percent of the New Zealand population, could hold a conversation in Māori about everyday things.[5][6] As of 2015, 55 percent of Māori adults reported some knowledge of the language; but of these speakers, only 64 percent use Māori at home and only around 50,000 people can speak the language "very well" or "well".[7]

There was originally no native writing system for Māori. Missionaries brought the Latin alphabet with them around 1814, and linguist Samuel Lee worked with chief Hongi Hika to systematize the written language in 1820. The resultant phonetic spellings were remarkably successful, and written Māori has changed little since. Māori distinguishes between long and short vowels; the long vowels are usually written with a macron called "tohutō".

Thanks, everyone sees you all in my next [Recap]Thanks to everyone involvedThanks to everyone involved

Mother Language Review  HourMother Language Review Hour

@Kamalhasnainee  @MOmarF@ShafiulB NareshDarji BishowvijayaP

Perth WA, Australia
13 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Worldwide Review Hour Perth

It's a great point for you or any local guides who are willingly help to their social and rises their hands to develop any kind of activity. @DavidTito you did a great job dear. There is the main key is that you are passionate person to do. I appreciate your dedication. Thank you so much brother.

Love to Hear ; Love to Share !
Kamal Hasnainee
Bangladesh
Level 8

@Kamalhasnainee Thank you very much for those kind words I am  appreciating them right now, thank you my friend and I will always be here in good faith for feature meetups bro

@Kamalhasnainee wrote:

It's a great point for you or any local guides who are willingly help to their social and rises their hands to develop any kind of activity. @DavidTito you did a great job dear. There is the main key is that you are passionate person to do. I appreciate your dedication. Thank you so much brother.

Level 10

Is there any meaning of this flower combination @DavidTito? I am curious. 🙂

DavidTito wrote:

It's great to see you supporting your mother tongue and thus hosting a meetup for it. Thank you so much for this remarkable effort.

Happy mapping!

Level 8

@BishowvijayaP here is something from Wiki about the flower 

The song is often recognized as the most influential song of the language movement, reminding numerous Bangladeshis about the conflicts of 1952. Every 21 February sees people from all parts of the Bangladesh heading to the Shaheed Minar in the probhat feri, a barefoot march to the monument, paying homage to those killed in the language movement demonstrations by singing this song. It is regarded by the listeners of BBC Bengali Service as the third best song in Bengali.[citation needed]

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Is there any meaning of this flower combination @DavidTito? I am curious. 🙂

@DavidTito wrote:

It's great to see you supporting your mother tongue and thus hosting a meetup for it. Thank you so much for this remarkable effort.

Happy mapping!

Level 10

Thank you so much for additional information bro @DavidTito. 🙂

Connect Moderator

Congratulations. @DavidTito

For completing your world wide review hour Meetup. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@NareshDarji mate, I had a fantastic day out on Jet boat taking 360 photos and 360 videos, looking to go out again soon so I will share more bro 

@NareshDarji wrote:

Level 8

@NareshDarji I spent most of the time helping out @Kamalhasnainee  Perth Local Guides are not very active but I just keep on Guiding and I'm

@NareshDarji wrote:

happy to that 

Connect Moderator

I love your spirit bro @DavidTito

You are a one man army. You doing great work. 

@DavidTito wrote:

@NareshDarji I spent most of the time helping out @Kamalhasnainee  Perth Local Guides are not very active but I just keep on Guiding and I'm

@NareshDarji wrote:

happy to that 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.