SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Worldwide Photo Walk - Bengaluru

Hi wonderful Local Guides!

I am going to share my experience on the Photo Walk Meetup conducted by me with respect to Worldwide Photo Walk Meetup by @AlejandraMaria. So let's start..

First of all I was so happy and excited for meeting the Meetup attendees since this was the first time, around 25 Local Guides applied for this Meetup. I went to meetup place few minutes prior to meetup timing and waited for meetup attendees. I got a message from a respectable Local Guide who applied for this meetup, @DipG that he is one the way to meetup place. And I was so happy and waited for other Local Guides to join. 

I generally didn't get more Local Guides joining the meetup so this time, I said in my meetup post that I will pay the entry fees for the first ten meetup attendees and I was sure that more Local Guides will join among 25 applied Local Guides.

Unfortunately, no Local Guides (except DipG) joined the meetup. I was little bit disappointed. 

I waited outside the Tipu Sultan Summer Palace which is the meetup place for DipG to arrive and he came. This was the first time for us to meet and we were excited. On knowing that no attendees came, DipG became little disappointed like me. But we continued the meetup on our own.

Tipu Sultan's Summer PalaceTipu Sultan's Summer Palace

Inside this room, where Videography/Photography is prohibitedInside this room, where Videography/Photography is prohibited

During meetup with excitement.. :))During meetup with excitement.. :))In super fun mood during meetup. :))In super fun mood during meetup. :))

We then went inside the room where the history of this Palace is showcased but Photography/Videography inside that room is prohibited. It was the first time for DipG to visit Tipu Sultan's Summer Palace so I explained about the history of the Palace which I studied in my previous visits to this Palace. During the time of explaining about the Palace to DipG some of the visitors near there joined us and listened to me. And that was like a lovely moments for me. I explained how Tipu Sultan's administration was unique like keeping spies in his kingdom to monitor whether the officers in his kingdom is working properly or not. For Tipu, reducing poverty and improving agriculture is one of the main objectives. I take them to other parts of the room where the rocket technology used by Tipu in his time is given for explaining it. The visitors where happy and said thanks. I and DipG then continued the meetup and visited I floor where we filled the nametags.

During meetup..During meetup..

During the meetup, we discussed about the Local Guides Program and shared our experiences being a Local Guide. After taking some beautiful shots of the Palace we decided to complete the meetup since the meetup timing nearly came to end. DipG was happy and told me to notify him about any meetup I conduct in future and if he is in Bengaluru at that time, he said he will join it. This meetup was one among the amazing meetups I conducted because I get to meet a best person, a wonderful Local Guide, DipG and I learned so many things from him in this meetup. My personal thanks to DipG for attending this meetup even though he had severe cold. My thanks and respect for you, DipG Sir.Meetup finishing selfie.. :)))Meetup finishing selfie.. :)))

Check out the Recap Video of this Meetup below.

I thank every Local Guide across the globe for their effort in making this world a better place to live. I extend my thanks to Local Guides Team for their continuous support to everyone of us here in our Connect home.

Happy Guiding! Happy Mapping!

Vellore Local Guides
26 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] Worldwide Photo Walk - Bengaluru

Congratulations @SalmaanN.

I am very happy to see your meetup recap. Your photos look awesome. Finally thank you @AlejandraMaria for this initiayoon. This is why I alwsal feel happy to be a Local Guides.

Level 8

Thanks a lot, @NirajBhusal. I am glad that you like my Recap Post. It was a fun full and knowledgeable meetup. Check out the Recap Video too. :))

Vellore Local Guides
Connect Moderator

Hey bro @SalmaanN Congratulations for your successful photo walk. Nice pictures and nice video. Thank you so much for sharing with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

Thanks a ton for your encouragement, @NareshDarji bro. I am happy that enjoyed you enjoyed the meetup photos and video. :)))

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Everything seems great on your recap bro @SalmaanN. You had done the great job. Having 25 attendees in a meetup is just like a small class. Now I am going to check the video. Thanks for sharing the recap and congratulations for the successful completion. 🙂

Level 8

Thank you so much for your kind words, @BishowvijayaP bro.. Among 25 applied for meetup, only one amazing Local Guide attended the meetup. The meetup went great.. I am sure you will enjoy the Recap Video. :))

Vellore Local Guides
Level 10

Enjoyed the video @SalmaanN. 25 were the stars and the one attending was moon. And I love full moon very much. 🙂

Level 10

Awesome meet up @SalmaanN! Although not receiving many attendees I'm sure we can call it a successful meet up because you had a good time, took photos and met another motivated local guide like you! The location you've chosen is a really interesting place, and I'd love to visit it one day.

Thanks for sharing the recap with us 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 8

I am glad that you enjoyed the recap video too, @BishowvijayaP bro.. Your love for full moon is exceptional. :))

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Enjoyed the video @SalmaanN. 25 were the stars and the one attending was moon. And I love full moon very much. 🙂

Vellore Local Guides