cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] World Wide Photo Walk Vicenza

Hi Local Guides,

So finally the moment of Recap is arrived

World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up in Vicenza have been a very beautiful day, even with a low temperature.

Here is the original post of the Meetup: Let-s-Meet-Up/World-Wide-Photowalk-Vicenza/

This meetup is part of the World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up, Showcase the Beauty of your City to the World

As the meetup was at 2 PM, @AntonellaGr and myself, we moved by car from home at 1 PM

Everything was already prepared:

libro paolo.JPG

• Stickers, of course, for all the Local Guides taking part of the event

IMG_20180225_001953.jpg

We arrived in Vicenza at 2:05, and we found all the others already waiting for us

Caption: Meet-up in Vicenza - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Meet-up in Vicenza - Local Guide @ermest

Due to the low temperature, we decidet to move quickly inside the city, guided in an excellent way by Paolo ( @plavarda) with the support of Nicoletta and Davide ( @davidhyno).

Vicenza, the "city of Palladio" has been listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1994

Andrea Palladio was probably the most famous architect of the XVI century. A lot of architect used Palladio's style. "Palladian villas" in Italy is a therm that don't need to be explained

During the Meetups we discovered what City of Palladio means

Walking on the main street of Vicenza, you are surprised by the huge amoun of Stone-faces of demons that are watching you. The faces are carved in every keystone of all the palaces. They are there to protect the houses.

Also a lot of sculptures are in there, in the walls of the beautiful Palladian Buildings.

Vicenza, statue and facesVicenza, statue and faces

We moved quickly, crossing the city, to reach our first target: the Olympic Theater

The Teatro Olimpico is the first indoor theater in masonry in the world, with interiors made of wood, stucco and plaster.

Vicenza - Teatro OlimpicoVicenza - Teatro Olimpico

The trompe-l'œil onstage scenery, has been designed by Vincenzo Scamozzi, to give the appearance of long streets receding to a distant horizon,

DSC05577.jpg

After the Olympic theater, we moved to Palazzo Chiericati, onother masterpiece of Andrea Palladio

Palazzo Chiericati is now a museum, we visited it with the same ticket (you can buy a ticket for visiting most of the palladian Palaces, at the price of 15 Euro) used for the Olympic Theater

We started the visit from the Romans Underground of the palace, moving than to the exhibition on first and second floor

DSC05602.jpgVicenza, Palazzo CarminatiVicenza, Palazzo Carminati

After the museum we decided to take a short time for drinking hot chocolate, and introducing each other and for explaining to the newcomers what the Local Guides are

IMG_20180225_165646.jpg

Then, almost at sunset, we visited the main square, with the Basilica Palladiana

Paolo was at his best, in telling us stories and anecdotes about the place

Here is the album with the photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Jkym2YCi7r7tv9xq1

Enjoy the video of the Meetup, and drop down a comment if you like it. I will probably go in vicenza again soon, there are so many other beautiful things to see

A special thanks to @AlejandraMaria@OSAMA@ValeriaA_, for the hard work in making this possible

Thanks @TraciC for Featuring the main event in Connect

Thanks to everyone, please read this post carefully, to discover a city that is an Italian hidden pearl

Ermes

Vicenza, VI, Italia
21 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] World Wide Photo Walk Vicenza

Awesome meet up @ErmesT! You have made it a success! Very interesting ancient art pieces, I've studied some of them in my arts class so seeing them here in this recap is amazing. I'm really glad you had a good time despite the cold weather (a hot chocolate is always good company!) and I'm sure you made valuable contributions not just in Maps but also with yourself in bonding with other local guides. I remember saying "this will be great, this will be big" before all the meet ups happened and I can see that I was right.

Thank you for sharing this experience 🙂

Happy guiding, see you around!

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 9

Wonderful @ErmesT
Your level of awesomeness is unmatchable, Just can't stop looking at your photographs.
Happy guiding you are the mentor for me 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, @ErmesT

Great meet-up!, Great works! and Great support for us!

Once again, I deeply appreciate so much for your help to add MyMap on our meet-up post.

regards,

Toyo

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Haseeb, but I am not.

It is very easy to take beautiful photos of you have a so beautiful subject, like  Vicenza is.

It is like to walk in a museum @ValeriaA_, I agree

@Anonymous, you are welcome, we are here to help

Ermes

Level 10

Thanks @ErmesT! I've been several times in Vicenza, but didn't had the time for a deep experience! This RECAP is very nice and complete and made me wish to visit again with you in the future! 🙂

@AntonellaGr looks so cold in the video! 🙂

Thanks for sharing and for support! 🙂

Level 8

Hello @ErmesT.Your meetup looks awesome. I really loved the historic photos of those statues. Thanks for sharing this detailed and informative meetup with us.

Level 10

Level 8

Wonderful writing, photography and post @ErmesT.

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi Local Guides,

World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up in Vicenza have been a very beautiful day, even with a low temperature.

Here is the original post of the Meetup: Let-s-Meet-Up/World-Wide-Photowalk-Vicenza/

This meetup is part of the World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up, Showcase the Beauty of your City to the World

As the meetup was at 2 PM, @AntonellaGr and myself, we moved by car from home at 1 PM

libro paolo.JPG

IMG_20180225_001953.jpg

We arrived in Vicenza at 2:05, and we found all the others already waiting for us

Caption: Meet-up in Vicenza - Local Guide @ermestCaption: Meet-up in Vicenza - Local Guide @ermest

Due to the low temperature, we decidet to move quickly inside the city, guided in an excellent way by Paolo ( @plavarda) with the support of Nicoletta and Davide ( @davidhyno).

Vicenza, the "city of Palladio" has been listed as an UNESCO World Heritage Site since 1994

Andrea Palladio was probably the most famous architect of the XVI century. A lot of architect used Palladio's style. "Palladian villas" in Italy is a therm that don't need to be explained

Walking on the main street of Vicenza, you are surprised by the huge amoun of Stone-faces of demons that are watching you. The faces are carved in every keystone of all the palaces. They are there to protect the houses.

Also a lot of sculptures are in there, in the walls of the beautiful Palladian Buildings.

We moved quickly, crossing the city, to reach our first target: the Olympic Theater

The Teatro Olimpico is the first indoor theater in masonry in the world, with interiors made of wood, stucco and plaster.

The trompe-l'œil onstage scenery, has been designed by Vincenzo Scamozzi, to give the appearance of long streets receding to a distant horizon,

DSC05577.jpg

After the Olympic theater, we moved to Palazzo Chiericati, onother masterpiece of Andrea Palladio

Palazzo Chiericati is now a museum, we visited it with the same ticket (you can buy a ticket for visiting most of the palladian Palaces, at the price of 15 Euro) used for the Olympic Theater

We started the visit from the Romans Underground of the palace, moving than to the exhibition on first and second floor

After the museum we decided to take a short time for drinking hot chocolate, and introducing each other and for explaining to the newcomers what the Local Guides are

IMG_20180225_165646.jpg

Then, almost at sunset, we visited the main square, with the Basilica Palladiana

Enjoy the video of the Meetup, and drop down a comment if you like it. I will probably go in vicenza again soon, there are so many other beautiful things to see

A special thanks to @AlejandraMaria@OSAMA@ValeriaA_, for the hard work in making this possible

Thanks to everyone, please read this post carefully, to discover a city that is an Italian hidden pearl

Ermes

@ErmesT wrote:

Hi Local Guides,

libro paolo.JPG

IMG_20180225_001953.jpg

DSC05577.jpg

IMG_20180225_165646.jpg

Ermes

https://www.localguidesconnect.com/cmxpv89733/board/message?board.id=LGDiscussion&message.id=142358#M142358
Connect Moderator

Thanks @IndiaC

I'm happy of your feedback. I have been so fortunate to have this wonderful place so close to home, and a so wonderful local guide, like @plavarda is, living in there 🙂

I simply had to setup the meetup, and shot some photos. The beauty is in the place, we only needed to open our eyes

Ermes