SalmaanN's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 8

[Recap] Vellore Map edit Walk

Hi everyone !

The Vellore Local Guides Map edit walk meetup on 22nd July 2017 between 2.00PM to 5.00PM in association with the World-wide map edit walk has been successfully conducted. I reached the meetup location by Bus around 2.00PM. Then I joined with my friend to start the meetup. The temperature was very hot around 35'C.. Bridge Crossing at meetup location..Bridge Crossing at meetup location..We then started the map edit walk. The reason for selecting this place, Vellore Fort for meetup is, the location is a busy place where a Building named Sarathy Mansion is located which has around 100 of shops in it and is very adjacent to the Vellore Old Bus stand. Sarathy Mansion, VelloreSarathy Mansion, VelloreThere is a lot of correction needed in Google maps only on that mansion. We then started to map edit, on targeting the Sarathy mansion.During map edit meetup walk..During map edit meetup walk..During map edit meetup walk..During map edit meetup walk..During map edit meetup walk..During map edit meetup walk..The special part of the meetup is that when a person crossing the road asked us the way to Vellore New Bus Stand, we felt like this is it.. this is why we re here.. We then guide him and made sure that he find the way to his destination. Then we continued the map editing walk.On adding places..On adding places..That was indeed a very hot sunny day.. :DThat was indeed a very hot sunny day.. πŸ˜„After that, we took a break to energise ourselves and visited a Cafe. At Delhi cafe..At Delhi cafe..At Delhi cafe..At Delhi cafe..At Delhi cafe..At Delhi cafe..Tasting Badam milk..Tasting Badam milk..Since the Vellore Fort is very near to our meetup location, we took some photo at Vellore Fort's entrance. At Vellore Fort during Worldwide Map edit Meetup..At Vellore Fort during Worldwide Map edit Meetup..At Vellore Fort..At Vellore Fort..We then finished our meetup walk around 5.00PM. At the end of meetup..At the end of meetup..Local Guides badge..Local Guides badge..

Its been a very great experience to conduct the map edit meetup. It was completely a memorable and happiest experience. The best ever feel to contribute on a hot weather silently on a road side during meetup to make the world a better place to live. I thank the Almighty for making me successfully conduct the meetup. I want to thank @HelloSamsonR for this great idea of conducting World wide map edit walk. I want to thank the Google Local Guides team for giving this wonderful opportunity and making this possible. I extend my thanks to @OSAMA for supporting and encouraging World wide map edit walk. And finally, I thank all the Local Guides all over the world for their great contributions.

Thank you all.. happy Guiding..

Vellore Local Guides
25 comments
Level 9

Re: [Recap] Vellore Map edit Walk

@SalmaanN bro , this is wonderful Meetup , actually you encourage & support me bro 😊😊

And look how you inspire all in very hot day make your Meetup πŸ‘

This badam milk look tasty 😊

Level 8

Thanks for your good words, @OSAMA.. But it doesn't change the fact that you support and encourage me.. See, you are the first to reply here.. lol.. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š By the way, Badam milk taste was unforgettable, that made me so energetic at that time, bro.. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

@OSAMA wrote:

@SalmaanN bro , this is wonderful Meetup , actually you encourage & support me bro 😊😊

And look how you inspire all in very hot day make your Meetup πŸ‘

This badam milk look tasty 😊

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

😊😊 @SalmaanN

Added to a very big wish list which grow day after day waiting me or my friends take action πŸ˜πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜‚ 

Hey guys check this wonderful Meetup 

@HelloSamsonR @AkmalB @MedRidaZ

@Anonymous πŸ˜πŸ˜Š

Level 10

It's looking like successful meet up @SalmaanN at least some one join you .thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Thanks @OSAMA for mention me.

Level 8

@AkmalB wrote:

It's looking like successful meet up @SalmaanN at least some one join you .thanks for sharing your experience with us.

Thanks @OSAMA for mention me.

Yeah, @AkmalB.. The reason for only one attended is that I conducted this meetup in far place in the heart of the Vellore city but the most of the local guides of my community resides in the nearby town around 40 to 60 kms from the meetup location. Even I live in a place from 60km to the meetup location but I thought of conducting it in a most required place so that new local guides may join..

Let me hope the best in future.. 😊😊

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

Hii Bro @SalmaanN

Looking Good

Meet Up 

Thanks for sharing your photos.

Level 10

Excellent meet-up @SalmaanN You are amazing 😊. Thanks for making this possible. Your contributions to Vellore indeed will be more than super helpful. Your story as well  is inspiring. It shows we could do a lot in order to help our communities. You are really amazing. Travelling such far distance as well. Well done @SalmaanN πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Level 8

@Umashankar wrote:

Hii Bro @SalmaanN

Looking Good

Meet Up 

Thanks for sharing your photos.

You are welcome, @Umashankar.. Thanks for your kind words.. 😊😊

Vellore Local Guides
Level 8

I am very happy that you like it, @HelloSamsonR.. I have learnt one thing from this meetup that No matter how many join with you in the meetup, do your duty and go on, they will come one day.. 😊😊 

Thanks again for your encouraging words.. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Excellent meet-up @SalmaanN You are amazing 😊. Thanks for making this possible. Your contributions to Vellore indeed will be more than super helpful. Your story as well  is inspiring. It shows we could do a lot in order to help our communities. You are really amazing. Travelling such far distance as well. Well done @SalmaanN πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜Š

Vellore Local Guides