FazeelUsmani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] The "36" Photo Walk Hyderabad

The sun was blazing with heat and the mercury levels touched down to 40°C. But nothing has stopped Hyderabad local guides to be a part of the incredible 36 walk. I would like to thank Taarak who came all the way long from the Hi-tech city (21.1km from the venue) and also all the attendees. 

I would like to tag @PaulPavlinovich who is the mastermind behind this adorable walk

Caption: From L to R: Taarak, Lalitesh, Raushan, Sohail, FazeelCaption: From L to R: Taarak, Lalitesh, Raushan, Sohail, Fazeel

We met near the Salarjung Museum ticket counter and then started the walk by introducing each other. First, we discussed the purpose and idea behind this walk as its very important to proceed further. Then I shared the following tips to capture the best photo:

1. Leaving spaces, leading lines, rules of thirds and the golden ratio by @LuisRG
  2. 4 tips to take great photos by @YanniY
  3. How to upload great photos to Google Maps and Three Quick Tips for Taking Better Photos by @AnnaDickson
  4. 5 tips to take stunning photos on your phone by @davo_dw
  5. And the most important tip to save data and upload over Wifi by @TokyoJoe

Way to entrance; haha... huge queueWay to entrance; haha... huge queue

Finally, after waiting for 15 minutes we got a chance to explore Salarjung Museum. It contains three blocks (or sections) namely Central block, Eastern block and Western block. And in turn these blocks are of three floors each; ground, first and second. So there was much more to explore. Take a look at a portrait of Mir Osman Ali Khan (the last Nizam of Hyderabad). He is known for his unique beauty, style and royalty. In the following picture, you can see his photo printed on his walking stick.

Nawab Mir Osman Ali khanNawab Mir Osman Ali khanNizam Mir Osman Ali Khan Walking stick with a photo engravedNizam Mir Osman Ali Khan Walking stick with a photo engravedCaption: Nizam CollectionCaption: Nizam Collection

BedBedAbove: Colourful blankets | Below: ClothesAbove: Colourful blankets | Below: Clothes

Are you ready to see beautiful chandeliers? Common!! go ahead

Caption: Unbelievable chandeliersCaption: Unbelievable chandeliers

Historic artefacts and crockery:

Caption: Artefacts and CrockeryCaption: Artefacts and Crockery

Caption: It's really amazingCaption: It's really amazing

Indian Sculptures:

Caption: SculpturesCaption: Sculptures

Porcelain effigy, double statue and well know Rebecca:  In 19th-century, G.R. Benzony (a sculptor) of Italy made this veiled Rebecca which is famous for its immense beauty and style. 
Caption: Porcelain Sculptures; Right: RebeccaCaption: Porcelain Sculptures; Right: Rebecca

Double statue: Now I'm going to show you an amazing art a two side statue describing two personalities; Mephistopheles in the front and Margaretta at back (see in the mirror)

The sculptor of this double statue is unknown.

Caption: Double StatueCaption: Double StatueCaption: An innocent idolCaption: An innocent idol

Walking sticks of curiosity: In 19th-century, walking sticks patterns and designs matters a lot. Here are some interesting patterns and stylesCaption: Walking sticks of curiosityCaption: Walking sticks of curiosity

Incredible flower pots:

Caption: FlowerpotsCaption: Flowerpots

Weapons:

Caption: WeaponsCaption: Weapons

Caption: A way to western blockCaption: A way to western block

Caption: FurnitureCaption: FurnitureCaption: FurnitureCaption: FurnitureCaption: A beautiful paintingCaption: A beautiful paintingCaption: Salarjung MuseumCaption: Salarjung Museum

It was an immense pleasure to work with you all. Thanks a lot. Waiting for the next meet.Caption: Hyderabad Local Guides in actionCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides in action

Album link: https://photos.app.goo.gl/tsleZvA85PYBVuoG2

Videos:

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
21 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] The "36" Photo Walk Hyderabad

Reflection of the study of mentioned posts is seen in each photos @FazeelUsmani. Thanks for sharing your beautiful event. 🙂

Level 10

My pleasure @BishowvijayaP.

Thank you

@BishowvijayaP wrote:

Reflection of the study of mentioned posts is seen in each photos @FazeelUsmani. Thanks for sharing your beautiful event. 🙂

Level 8

Nice post @FazeelUsmani , get to know some history about India.  And like the elephant showcase in first photo. 

Level 10

@FazeelUsmani, your recap is very much like an exhibition of the museum, and I really do enjoy seeing and discovering many historical artefacts of India. I especially like the Double Statue of Mephistopheles, Margaretta I think that sculpture is immensely powerful. That museum must be huge!

I appreciate the share and recap. Also thanks for linking a few of the photo tips too, they're super useful and great to inform fellow attendees especially if they aren't on Local Guides Connect. Let me tell you, if the temperature hits 40ºC and there are long queues, I'd be the type of person to shy away and probably spend the afternoon underneath a tree or indoors. Kudos to your perseverance and adventure!

Level 9

It sure looked great @FazeelUsmani, sorry I missed it as it was too hot for me to leave home 🙂

Connect Moderator

What a wonderful recap and beautiful pictures bro @FazeelUsmani

Many thanks for sharing with us. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thanks for sharing ,, well described ,, and nice photos,, technically you took us there by photos ,, 

Level 10

Thank you @RupendraNeupane. Yeah Indian histihiis very interesting

@RupendraNeupane wrote:

Nice post @FazeelUsmani , get to know some history about India.  And like the elephant showcase in first photo. 

Level 10

Thanks, @Briggs actually there are three spots in Salarjung Museum where visitors found them lucky enough to be there. The first one is the double statue of Mephistopheles and Margaretta, the second one is Rebecca and the final one is the clock; which is in the photo album. Yeah, exactly the sculptor is the dominant and also the museum is enormous. It has three blocks covering an enormous area and consists of a large number of artefacts, portraits, furniture and all things about Indian culture and history. 

Thanks for loving it @Briggs.

@Briggs wrote:

@FazeelUsmani, your recap is very much like an exhibition of the museum, and I really do enjoy seeing and discovering many historical artefacts of India. I especially like the Double Statue of Mephistopheles, Margaretta I think that sculpture is immensely powerful. That museum must be huge!

I appreciate the share and recap. Also thanks for linking a few of the photo tips too, they're super useful and great to inform fellow attendees especially if they aren't on Local Guides Connect. Let me tell you, if the temperature hits 40ºC and there are long queues, I'd be the type of person to shy away and probably spend the afternoon underneath a tree or indoors. Kudos to your perseverance and adventure!