HelloSamsonR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Recap - The Worldwide Photowalk Lagos

Hi Local Guides and welcome to the brief Recap of the Worldwide Photowalk Meet-up Lagos. I am the the meet-up host who could not attend his meet-up due to illness but the meet-up was held & hosted successfully by Sagir a Lagos Local Guide as well. As preparations for my meet-up been the meetup host, I visited the meet-up venue a week ahead on February 17th to check the venue and also make some proper arrangements so we can have a smooth meet-up not knowing I won't be able to make it the following weekend, well that is our life could be.

I wasn't present at the meet-up, so I won't be able to share as much of the details needed as regards the meetup experience. Earlier before the Meetup day, I had informed Sagir about my illness and told him, I may make it and may not so he said no problems that even if I didn't make it he would be ready to take charge and host the meetup. Local Guides help me Thank Sagir he is a Champion.

I was surprised at the way the Photowalk meet-up was conducted irrespective of I wasn't present.  Sagir hosted the meet-up more better than he would host his Meetup. This spirit is amazing, I was overwhelmed by the love as well shown to me by 7 of the meetup attendees who spoke to me on phone by a call placed by Sagir when I was on the sick bed. Their voices alone healed me up and I was greatly energised after the call. These is the beauty of the Local Guides Program and am so much greatful for the love that was shown to me. No doubt this community has some great benefits. I have been a member of Local Guides Connect since 2016 and as time begins to pass by, I have come to realize that  there is  one greater benefit of this community of which no perk or any other benefits is greater than. This  is love itself. We all are from different race, religion and background and despite all of this we all share that mutual love and respect for one another and that is one of the greatest things of life. Am sure if this was how we could all live together in this world, then for sure it is going to be a great place for everyone. Local Guides are showing and proving that no matter where we are from either race or tribe we all belief Everyone are equal and we are really trying to treat others with love & respect.

Well there is a lot to say but to  cut the long story short Sagir sent me a recap experience details in voice to me by mail sharing how he and the meet-up attendees enjoyed the Photowalk.

Sagir said and I quote: “We gathered at the National Stadium by 12pm after sfrea heavy raknfialr as the point to showcase the beauty of our city to the world. We were 8 meet-up participants in numbers. Immediately after the gathering we proceeded and walked in group taking photos of the National Stadium Lagos. We took a lot of photos of the indoor and outdoor facilities and thereafter we proceeded outside to take photos of the Surulere environment were the National Stadium is Located.”

I chose the National Stadium Surulere and it's environs as the point of the meetup due to its rich history and legends as well. Every great sportsman one time in the history of Nigeria & Lagos had their practices and trainings at the stadium. Though the main stadium itself is now closed for sporting events, but other sections remains open such as the  Olympic-size swimming arena and a multipurpose arena used for basketball, volleyball, table tennis, wrestling and boxing. Outside the stadium is located a bridge. Under the bridge, Art murals of great sporting Legends of Nigeria are physically seen on the pillars of the bridge. These murals are serving  as an icon and also remembrance of some of the great sporting Legends who at one time were great athletes in the Nigerian history.

Experiences By Some Of The Meet-up Attendees

Sagir said and I quote: “What I love most about the Local Guides program is when ever you  meet with other Local Guides, they will be look like your family or as if you have known them for quite a Long time. I feel very honoured to be part of the program”.

Alexis said and I quote: “It's so wonderful being a part of this Local Guide family.  No regrets since joining this year and the fun has been over the top. Everyone should organize more meetups and hangouts so that I can gain more experience and eventually organize mine soonest”.

Bolaji’s Experience: it was an awesome moments with you all meet-up attendees today. We turned a seemingly boring place to our fun spot.

Austin Experience: I really had fun today. Thanks to my Lovely Lagos Local Guides Family.

Adeshola, Adewole, Michael & James also said that they felt the same way as mentioned by Sagir above.

No doubt the attendees had a great time and I am very happy and excited that they did despite I wasn't available. I look forward in connecting and meeting with you all sometimes soon again.

20180224_140820.jpg

IMG-20180225-WA0005.jpg

20180224_124322.jpg

20180224_122715.jpg

To see the Lovely moments and pictures from The Worldwide Photowalk Lagos meetup please visit this Album:The Worldwide Photowalk Lagos Pictures in view

National Stadium, Surulere, Lagos, Nigeria
37 comments
Level 10

Re: Recap - The Worldwide Photowalk Lagos

So sorry to hear that @HelloSamsonR I hope you are healthier now. 

Nice meet-up and nice recap too!

Level 10

@HelloSamsonR

Get well soon bro,yes this is the spirit of local guides,we are helping each other,we all knows you're the champion of meet ups ,no worries

Thanks @Sagir to make it happen.

Have a nice day

Connect Moderator

Wow... @Sagir congratulations for completing successful photo walk. I'm

missing you @HelloSamsonR bro in recap photos. Gate well soon bro and take care.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

i'm speechless by your kind words @HelloSamsonR

thanks and thanks once again..

it is your encouragement that make this possible...

i wish you quick recovery...

thanks to @MrLabule @AustinCO @wildspan @ALEXISshotIT  Bolaji and Adeshola for making it happen..

kind regards

Sagir..

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

thanks @NareshDarji and @AkmalB

kind regards

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

You are welcome dear @Sagir

@Sagir wrote:

thanks @NareshDarji and @AkmalB

kind regards

Sagir

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thanks for showing the beautiful face of your city @HelloSamsonR

Level 10

A friend in need is a true friend indeed @HelloSamsonR. Thank you so much @Sagir for playing a vital role to make the event successful.

Also, get well soon Samson. Recap is beautifully covered. Thanks for sharing with us. 

Level 10

Congratulations @HelloSamsonR and @Sagir for this amazing meet up! Samson, it's a shame you couldn't attend and I hope you are feeling better now, Sagir has for sure been an amazing host! I enjoyed reading every word in this post and seeing every photo and video in the album. You can really see all the fun you had together and the pure bond between the Local Guides in the meet up. I hope I have the chance to visit Lagos one day and meet you, very good and motivated people!

I also loved reading the experiences of the attendees, everything you achieved is positive and I'm really happy for you guys!!

See you around and happy guiding! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG