cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Pre Summit Food Crawl

@AlejandraMaria wrote:

THank you very much @SoniaK for this fantastic meet-up!!!👏👏👏

We had an incredible time together and All of us were full of energy and enthusiasm even after 40kms of biking or with the stress of the arrengaments for Yosemite. .. 😂😂😂

I am agree with you that we miss many LGs as @LucioV, @OSAMA, @KarenVChin, @ErmesT... and many all that for some reasons couldn't join us. Next time😉.

Congratulations, Sonia 😚😚

@AlejandraMaria, it was an honor to see you wonderful people joining us. You are the first summit attendee whom I met in the USA. Remember? So you and @AdrianLunsong are actually my first summit friends. 🙂 And of course, then we met @Shirni and the whole story changed into boomerang. 

That first moment when I met my LG friend for the first time (apologies for the photo, tried rotating it several time, with no luck)That first moment when I met my LG friend for the first time (apologies for the photo, tried rotating it several time, with no luck)And then we met Shirni- and it was a boomerang time :DAnd then we met Shirni- and it was a boomerang time 😄

Level 9

OMG.. @SoniaK this is a wonderful Meetup. And my favorite one Yummy Meetup , you all look great , yeah me too miss you 😢 and wish to be part of this Meetup , as Legend @LucioV said we will never miss the opportunity to meet Great people like you and all other Amazing members , thank you very very much , Thanks again and again Sonia 🙂 

Level 9

Thank you @AlejandraMaria stay tuned for Summit 18 it will be

the Greatest Summit Ever 😁😁😁 

Connect Moderator

@SoniaK, I knew with all the months of planning for Yosemite, your group would be very tight by the time the Summit started.

After all, there is a lot of friendship building when you all get up before the sun rises to drive across and then down California to visit the majestic Yosemite and then later after the Summit, the equally amazing Muir Woods.  Your group has now so many different countries to meet and have your mini Reunions, even prior to Summit18!

I would have loved to meet you all for dinner that night, but you know why I couldn't.  We did, hopefully, you will agree, make it up for the incredible Friday we spent together- Sailing, surprised Google SF tour, and finally dinner. 

By reading everyone's posts here, I can see the wheels turning in your minds how to better maximize your time pre, during, and post Summit18.  #LGSummit17 withdraw is real, but the beacon of hope is getting ready next year's Summit18 application process!

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin, the Yosemite tour planning itself was very entertaining and interactive. We created a separate WhatsApp group for all the 12 participants (our group size was 14, including Ainur's husband, who is not an LG and their lovely daughter, the youngest LG, Zeynab). We shared more than 100 emails to shape up the small details. It was so interactive event that we already knew each other even without meeting anyone personally. 

And there was this Muir Woods trip too. @NatalkaR was the one who wished to go to Muir. And I just took the initiative to fulfill her wish, because I wanted to do the hike too. And when @MahabubMunna told me that we can go by public transport I thought it would be the best option if we want to save money. Apparently it was a 8 persons group. 5 from the original Yosemite group and the rest 3 joined us for the hike. It was a wonderful relaxing day as well. I will talk about both the experience in my upcoming recap posts. I would love to see you with us in Muir. I was so hoping that you could join us finally. 

But one thing is for sure, I can't agree with you more on the fun part on Friday sailing tour. And that surprise Google SF visit was an unexpected bonus for all of us. And finally, of course, the dinner was the cream of the cake. I loved every second of my day on 13th October. In fact, I loved every microsecond of my time in total San Francisco tour. Like they say in the song, I left my heart in San Francisco. 🙂

I just missed doing one thing in SF, wearing flower in my hair. May be that will be an added interest to go back to the Bay city once again,on LGSummit18. Who knows! 😉

Connect Moderator

@OSAMA, everything happens for a good reason. I am yet to find out the good reason behind @LucioV, @HelloSamsonR and you not joining the summit this year. But hey, I am not any great people. I am just an ordinary woman. This is all your love for me that makes you find me great. 🙂

Googler

I loved reading this post (even though it made me hungry, @ErmesT) and your kind words have been passed along to my teammates, @SoniaK. They are often on Connect but sometimes may not see every post, so it has been shared and thank you for giving us an opportunity to meet so many of you folks in person!!!! 🙂 Keep being awesome Local Guides!

Note: Due to the volume of private messages Googlers receive, I do not read or respond to private messages. Please post publicly so others may benefit from your discussion. If you require urgent assistance, please tag a Google Moderator. Thank you!.
Connect Moderator

Thank you @TraciC. Keep inspiring us. 🙂

Connect Moderator

@SoniaK, flowers in your hair? That can easily be arranged. San Francisco is known as the birthplace of the "flower power" and "flower children."

#LGSummit18 is now less than a year.  And the Summit 18 application process is even less that that! 

So happy to see so many wonderful and amazing photos, creative videos, and now recaps such as from you, @Fructy and @Andras_H, and the many other LGSummit17 attendees starting to trickle in here on Connect. 

Again, one of the many untold benefits of being a Local Guides. we have more than enough photos, 360s, and videos among all of us LGSummit17 to last exponential life times!

Cheers,

Karen

Level 8

Thanks For Sharing @SoniaK Hope You Had Great Time