SoniaK's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Pre Summit Food Crawl

The meet up announcement was pretty ordinary- just like any other dinner meet up. But having it in the heart of the Bay City, focusing the Summit, with a target of meeting people from all over the world, the word 'ordinary' became extra-ordinary. 

It was announced earlier that we would meet at Pier 39 on 8 October from 5.30pm onward. The prime focus of this meet up was to get introduced with the participants of Local Guides Summit 2017 before the summit itself, as well as to get introduced with the team Yosemite, as we were scheduled to start early morning the next day. 

Looking at the response at the meet up RSVP I thought it would not be a huge gathering, but apparently it turned out to be a super big team. We were more than 30 in the group all together. And we even had to wait to get a table for the late comers for some 20 minutes or more. 

We met at the Pier Market, located at Pier 39, in the Bay Area, San Francisco. It started at 5.30pm and continued until late...

This is really difficult for me to express in words how I felt, or how exactly the meetup went. I got to meet people whom I knew for long through Connect, with whom I shared mails and text messages several times planning for the Yosemite trip. And finally, when I met them all in person, I felt like I knew them all forever. 

The food was great. Of course. Who would not like the taste of seafood from Pier Market? But the taste of the food doubled its flavor when it was shared with laughter, amusement, sweet melodies from Rohitha's mouth-organ and the presence of lovely faces of #LGSummit17 participants. 

I could not manage to take a lot of photos as I was busy organizing the team for the next morning trip. But I managed to capture a few. You can see it here

20171008_222924.jpg

I am glad that @AlejandraMaria@AnnaBcn@CaduF@JulienH@Lachlan_M_Wells@JosephZhan@IrenaS and few others joined us, even though they were not joining us for the Yosemite. Your presence just made the evening more colorful and gorgeous. I won't thank my Yosemite Team as for I would like to take them all for granted. My San Francisco tour kick off wouldn't be so wonderful if you guys didn't join.

And lastly, a special thanks to TimBull and MahabubMunna, for joining us straight from the airport. They arrived in SF on that evening. And Mahabub even didn't get the time to go to the hotel for checking in. It was nice to see him in the restaurant with all his bags. 

I particularly missed you at dinner @KarenVChin, Ermest and @LucioV. And I missed others too who had prescheduled program to attend and hence missed joining us. How wonderful it would be to see the entire restaurant filled with the LGSummit17 participants! 

And @OSAMA, bro, yes, I missed you in all my activities in San Francisco. 

So, that was the first recap of my first meetup in San Francisco. Thank you for reading. I will come back again later, with another recap of our Yosemite trip. Stay tuned. 🙂

Pier 39, San Francisco, CA, United States
47 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Pre Summit Food Crawl

Thanks @SoniaK looks like you had great time this first evening meetup in SF 🙂

I will never miss again a chance to meet great people like you in the future.

Connect Moderator

You better dont @LucioV. We all love you too much to miss. 

Level 8

Hi @SoniaK, I (and maybe I can talk in everyone's place) would like to say a huge thank you for organizing that dinner.

It was a kinda kick off and even if we (Yosemite team) were late (which was my mistake because of the car rental:P) we could see how people enjoyed each other and the dinner that night. That is your credit. 🙂

Level 5

see now these meet ups are to far away for me

@SoniaK wrote:

The meet up announcement was pretty ordinary- just like any other dinner meet up. But having it in the heart of the Bay City, focusing the Summit, with a target of meeting people from all over the world, the word 'ordinary' became extra-ordinary. 

It was announced earlier that we would meet at Pier 39 on 8 October from 5.30pm onward. The prime focus of this meet up was to get introduced with the participants of Local Guides Summit 2017 before the summit itself, as well as to get introduced with the team Yosemite, as we were scheduled to start early morning the next day. 

Looking at the response at the meet up RSVP I thought it would not be a huge gathering, but apparently it turned out to be a super big team. We were more than 30 in the group all together. And we even had to wait to get a table for the late comers for some 20 minutes or more. 

We met at the Pier Market, located at Pier 39, in the Bay Area, San Francisco. It started at 5.30pm and continued until late...

This is really difficult for me to express in words how I felt, or how exactly the meetup went. I got to meet people whom I knew for long through Connect, with whom I shared mails and text messages several times planning for the Yosemite trip. And finally, when I met them all in person, I felt like I knew them all forever. 

The food was great. Of course. Who would not like the taste of seafood from Pier Market? But the taste of the food doubled its flavor when it was shared with laughter, amusement, sweet melodies from Rohitha's mouth-organ and the presence of lovely faces of #LGSummit17 participants. 

I could not manage to take a lot of photos as I was busy organizing the team for the next morning trip. But I managed to capture a few. You can see it here

20171008_222924.jpg

I am glad that @AlejandraMaria@AnnaBcn@CaduF@JulienH@Lachlan_M_Wells@JosephZhan@IrenaS and few others joined us, even though they were not joining us for the Yosemite. Your presence just made the evening more colorful and gorgeous. I won't thank my Yosemite Team as for I would like to take them all for granted. My San Francisco tour kick off wouldn't be so wonderful if you guys didn't join.

And lastly, a special thanks to TimBull and MahabubMunna, for joining us straight from the airport. They arrived in SF on that evening. And Mahabub even didn't get the time to go to the hotel for checking in. It was nice to see him in the restaurant with all his bags. 

I particularly missed you at dinner @KarenVChin, Ermest and @LucioV. And I missed others too who had prescheduled program to attend and hence missed joining us. How wonderful it would be to see the entire restaurant filled with the LGSummit17 participants! 

And @OSAMA, bro, yes, I missed you in all my activities in San Francisco. 

So, that was the first recap of my first meetup in San Francisco. Thank you for reading. I will come back again later, with another recap of our Yosemite trip. Stay tuned. 🙂

Connect Moderator

@ErmesT, I didn't realize that I didn't tag you. And when I wanted to tag, it wouldn't allow me because I had already mentioned 10 tags. If you read the post above, you will know what I am talking about. 

Connect Moderator

@Andras_H wrote:

Hi @SoniaK, I (and maybe I can talk in everyone's place) would like to say a huge thank you for organizing that dinner.

It was a kinda kick off and even if we (Yosemite team) were late (which was my mistake because of the car rental:P) we could see how people enjoyed each other and the dinner that night. That is your credit. 🙂

Thank you @Andras_H. You are so kind. Credit goes to every single person that showed up. I am thankful to everyone for making this a success. 

Level 9

THank you very much @SoniaK for this fantastic meet-up!!!👏👏👏

We had an incredible time together and All of us were full of energy and enthusiasm even after 40kms of biking or with the stress of the arrengaments for Yosemite. .. 😂😂😂

I am agree with you that we miss many LGs as @LucioV, @OSAMA, @KarenVChin, @ErmesT... and many all that for some reasons couldn't join us. Next time😉.

Congratulations, Sonia 😚😚

Connect Moderator

Hi @SoniaK

Thanks for sharing with me this exciting moment of the pre-summit. 

I envy you and all the Yosemite team, but really it was impossible for me to be there at that time. 

Through your recap, and all the other from all the friends LG, I can now feel that I was there, with all you.

In another post, @KarenVChin

said that the friendship built in the summit was the unexpected perk that we all received. I want to confirm that, at 1000%.

In this day my eyes are voracious of reading, about all the wonderful things that we experienced in a so short time. I cannot believe that this was only in 3 days. Let me spend a few words about all the people from Google that were there, working hard for making this possible. 

Thanks @TraciC

I'm tagging only you, but I know you will pass this to all the wonderful team. 

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Thank you @ErmesT. If they select us next time, I want you to be in my team when we go to Yosemite, ONCE AGAIN, for camping. And I know @KimberlyAnnG would join me too for the same. 

@TraciC, I thought I would thank you and the entire team on a separate post, but now as Ermes already mentioned it, I would like to say, this event was not one of the best event of my life. It IS the best event of my life. I have not just learned a lot of new things, but also made a lot of new friends, a family out of my family and some real well wishers and most importantly, I got to meet amazing Googlers like you, Juan, Meg, Anna, Toliver, Sasha, Gus and many others. All these days I wondered how the Googlers would be in real life, would they be friendly with us, would they be cracking jokes, sharing stories with us, would they take part with us in fun activities! And you all turned out to be a real surprise to me. I found out that you are actually parts of us. It was an experience to meet such down to earth people. You guys are really special. You guys rock!

I would like to thank Toliver particularly, for arranging the tour to the Google San Francisco office after the summit. It was a great experience for me. It must be real fun working in such a cool environment. I loved that tour a lot. 🙂