DanielTh's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Post Summit'17 meet-up: Hyderabad India

It was a great experience for me to host my first meet-up. This was Hyderabad's first meet-up after the LG Summit'17. 

The venue was Landscape Gardens @ Osmania University. First to arrive was a first-time attendee Jashwanth & LG Summit attendee Aslam @AslamMowith Aslam & Yeshwanth ( c & r)with Aslam & Yeshwanth ( c & r)

We also had Abubakar @apkaabu who drove 24 kms to attend the meet-up. This meet-up had many first-timers and we were happy about it.

Abubakar .. came from GachibowliAbubakar .. came from Gachibowli

With 2 LG's attending Summit'17 from Hyderabad, we were passionate about sharing our experience with LG's, spread the word on how to contribute to Google Maps better.

We split in 2 groups - one with Aslam & one with myself - and we walked around Osmania University campus and answered 'Accessibility' questions on near-by places. While doing this, @AslamMo & myself shared our Summit'17 experience with the respective groups. 

Myself, Tapas, Mruthunjay, Yeshwanth (L to R)Myself, Tapas, Mruthunjay, Yeshwanth (L to R)

We went around the famous Osmania Library, Arts College, Tagore Auditorium and nearby departments.Aslam with Naren & Abdul (L to R)Aslam with Naren & Abdul (L to R)

After 75 minutes, we converged at Landscape Gardens for a good group discussion on the Summit'17 experience, Crowdsource app, activities involving Google Maps. 

first time LG's attended this meet-upfirst time LG's attended this meet-up

@Abdulaleemofficial@NarenChandra @AkheelS @ArpanRay @Tapas777  @nareshsuram  @jaswanthadapa

Introducing each other.. we had good number of first-time attendeesIntroducing each other.. we had good number of first-time attendees

We took 360-degree pics and Aslam shared his experience of another video shoot with Google team in SF.

P_20171022_163319.jpg

We distributed Local Guides badges & stickers which were shared during the Summit'17.

Local Guides stickers & postcardsLocal Guides stickers & postcards

We spent good 45 mins to discuss topics about Google maps and how to make comprehensive contributions to Google Maps. Took lot of 360-degree photos. @NarenChandra

Naren's creativity :)Naren's creativity 🙂

We wrapped-up the meet-up just in time before it started raining. It was a good meet-up to encourage new LG's to start mapping their areas.

You can view all the meet-up photos in this link:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B3D396Nw6397Vk9TS3NEMkFHYzA?usp=sharing

Small video on our conversation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nhSdO1NkHSM

We'll continue to have many more meet-ups in Hyderabad, India !!!

Landscape Garden, Osmania University, Hyderabad, Telangana, India
18 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Post Summit'17 meet-up: Hyderabad India

Level 6

It indeed was a great experience for me too. 

Didnt expext that 10 members would turn out for the meet up but on the whole it was a wholesome experience. 

Im glad I met many passionate Google Local Guides who are highly motivated and are always enthusiastic to improve Google Maps with some great ideas. 

Looking forward for many more meet-ups like that going forward !! 

Thank you Daniel for hosting the meet & giving us a gist of your experience at LG Summit’17 !!! It was kinda inspiring !! 

Level 9

Hey @DanielTh its a nice meetup by Hydrabad Local Guide 😄

Thanks to sharing and informing.

Wish you all success and happy Mapping

Level 7

It was my first meetup, so I was eagerly looking forward to it. I rescheduled a movie plan to attend the meetup:) Let me introduce myself. I'm a B.Com graduate with a PGDBA diploma in Finance from SCDL. I have 10 years of working experience and currently looking for a full time job opportunity. 

'Why I became a local guide'? All of us know the significance of Google maps in our lives and getting associated with a community was supposed to bring a sense of self-contentment and joy. I started to contribute by randomly writing reviews on Google maps for the places I visited. After sometime, I understood that I can voluntarily join a community of "Local Guides", #LG and contribute towards making the Google maps a better application/website to use and indirectly help other users. Gradually I started posting photographs and adding/editing places. As a beginner, I felt proud with the levels reached and badges earned by me. Recently I came to know of the community known as "Connect" and scheduled for first time meetup organised by a different LG. It was a photowalk of Mecca Masjid and the neighbouring markets at Old City. However, on that scheduled date, it rained and the entire enthusiasm faded. Then I came to know of Aslam's visit to San Francisco, California and later knew about the 'Local Guides Summit 2017'. Following this, I came to know of Daniel and the scheduled meetup regarding updates of the summit and immediately knew that I have to attend it. 

On the scheduled date, I arrived in front of Landscape Garden at Osmania University campus and met Daniel, Aslam, Jaswanth, Naren, Abdul, Akheel, Naresh, Nahid, Abu and other LGs. Sorry! am unable to account for the names right now.

The experience shared by Daniel and Aslam regarding the Summit was quite interesting and informative. We went around Osmania Library, Arts College, Tagore Auditorium and nearby departments. It was nice feeling to see their passion about the voluntary work they were doing. After scouring the nearby areas, we gathered at Landscape Gardens wherein Aslam and Daniel shared their ideas and views on how to improve Google maps, updates on Crowdsource app and 360 degree snaps and upcoming events. I received some stickers which were shared during the Summit 2017. We wrapped up at the right time before it started raining and headed for our homes.

Being my first meetup, it was an enriching experience regarding eyewitness account summary of Summit 2017 and activities related to Google maps, Crowdsource, Streetview. Thanks to all for the meetup! Am looking forward to the next meetup:)

Level 10

@DanielTh That was a very good meetup , 12 local guides sharing their experience and you,Aslam sharing the summit details was super good

@Tapas777 @jaswanthadapa looking forward for more meetups like this.

Level 10

Connect Moderator

Wow.... Amazing meet-up dear @DanielTh and thanks @NarenChandra for tagging me. Hyderabad LG rocking in summit..

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

I missed this wonderful walk as I was out of station. Just came yesterday

Level 9

very very nice meetup and Recap @DanielTh and @AslamMo you guys are amazing and very active members , you just come back and make a meetup to tell your community about the summit what a great spirit , All Respect , wish to meet you guys in summit 2018

and Huge thanks to @NarenChandra for his team work spirit 😉

i like the video and how Aslam talk about the summit :)))))