ThanulakshanS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] Nine Arch Bridge Geo Walk

Hi everyone this is my ninth meetup as a host. I planned to start 4.00 pm we arrived around 3.50 pm Nine Arch Bridge One Of the most iconic Bridges in sri lanka. Construction on 1921. We start with @akm @kajee @KajeeGK @yathu @vakeesh @noyal the path start middle of tea plantation really enjoyed the green mat views after there is no roads we should go with the sand. Unfortunately leaches there we can’t run through the way because the way is very rough and narrow. So we go carefully. This one of the great experience there. During the walk we took some awesome photographs too. All the attendees are participate in many meet up so no need to knowledge sharing. Finally we arrived the destination around 5.00 pm

UGVR4884.JPEG

Everyone busy with selfies and took photos. I’m really tired so I just sit on the wall for a moment and join with them. 5.30 is the train time so everyone wait for that moment. Lot of tourist also there most of them come with drone cameras for capture the train cross. We took some 360 photos too. @KajeeGK he is never forgot to entertain us. 

This Bridge between the two railway stations – Ella and Demodara during the British period. Located almost 3100 feet above the sea level, this 99.6ft high bridge When one stands underneath it and looks up there is a beautiful sight of ‘nine skies’ through the nine arches. This massive bridge is built entirely of solid rocks, bricks and cement without using a single piece of steel. The bridge was finally commissioned in 1921.

Nine Arch BridgeNine Arch Bridge

Time passed 5.30 pm still train not come we still waiting for that but time passed 6.30pm still no train and dark also covered so we can’t go that we come earlier so we decide to go another path through the railway tracks. Time pass 7.00pm still no train so we decide to back through the railway tracks to ella railway station we think that today no train then start walking  Is around 2km so need to walk unfortunately  train come  with no any signals suddenly we heard the train sound and leave the railway  tracks quick move. Every one really afraid check the video (2.20). This also beautiful experience. Every one really disappointed that we don’t see the train in bridge. We decide to come another day also. Then we arrived the ella station around 8.00 pm. Then we ask the station master why is train delayed he replayed train engine problem. That’s really bad luck for all of us That time we remind we park the vehicle in another entrance then we can’t walk everyone really tired so we with three-wheeler.  Finally we arrived to the park and end with dinner. This is most adventure meet up ever I host. The sudden entry of train no one expect that.  

For More Photos IMG_7176.JPG

Ella, Uva Province, Sri Lanka
12 comments
Level 8

Re: [Recap] Nine Arch Bridge Geo Walk

Level 9

Another great Meetup from great active member , Congratulations bro @ThanulakshanS

Connect Moderator

Excellent meet-up bro @ThanulakshanS congratulations for your successful event. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Hi @ThanulakshanS

First I want to ask. Was these arches features in any Indian or sri Lankan movie?may be i saw these beautiful scenery somewhere. 

Congratulations for an other interesting meet up.

Beautiful location nice photos. 

How you feeling now?

Thanks for sharing 

Level 10

As I read your post it seems that you felt very unhappy by the end. But this is the most memorable journey of your life @ThanulakshanS.

Those journeys that do not pass in a expected or regular manner are more interesting despite of having inconsistency during travel.

And here is a question now: Do you afraid from Leechs? 😀😁

Level 10

Dear @ThanulakshanS and Jaffna Local Guides, hope all's well. You guys are so awesome. Kind regards from Osaka78

Level 8

Level 8

Level 8

Now Okay Brother 

I Think no bro may same like this come in movies 

And thank you Bro @AkmalB