BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Nepalese Local Guides on a Hike

Video recap of the event:

We are very happy to announce that the event 'Nepalese Local Guides on a Hike' under the category 'geo walk' has completed very successfully. We hope that event like this not only promote the localguideconnect's motive but also help to boost our tourism industry. Also this can be a conceptual basis for conducting hiking events globally.

Guides at cliffsGuides at cliffs

As a host I would like to express many thanks to local guides @Surendra (member - Nepal local guides), @Jnjoe (member - Nepal local guides, owner – Dhangadhi Local Guides), @Shiva and @Mingmar for their active participation on a hike.

we took a help of local person to take photo of all hikerswe took a help of local person to take photo of all hikers

This hike starts from Lubhoo, Lalitpur. One can reach Lubhoo Buspark via. Public bus from Lagankhel Buspark or Ratnapark. Indeed there is no problem going on private vehicle like Jnjoe. I don't recommend you to go in private vehicle if you aren't prepared where to park vehicle as there lacks proper parking area. From there first of all you will go down to cropping fields. After passing through field you will reach to the hill. The route of hike passes through Bishankhu Narayan Temple, Lalitpur.

IMG_1950.JPG

There are four Narayana's in Kathmandu valley and Bishankhu is one of them. The temple has very unique placement (please watch the video). There is a small cave like structure where the statue of god Narayana is located. Only a single man is able to sit inside the cave. There is a locking system in the periphery of cave. It remains locked when there is no presence of authorized person in temple. Despite of this you can see inside clearly. There is a ladder to go down but the alternative way is very unique. The passage between two big stones is an amazing alternative way to go down. Unfortunately no fat person can enter through this. My suggestion is that if you are thin then hurry up and visit the place. You never know but you can be fat soon as food crawl is going to happen on connect soon. There is a traditional belief about entering from middle of stones (mentioned in audio of video).

IMG_1932.JPG

Now let's back to hike. During the hike we need to pass from forests and villages. So a lot of vegetation and birds can be seen during a hike. Remember this is not a suitable season for bird sighting (winter season is running here). But not to worry, we have captured birds on our lens.

Himalayan range at horizonHimalayan range at horizonButterflyButterfly

The end point of our hike was Botanical Garden, Godawari, Lalitpur. By the name itself, it is clear that there is so much to watch. But how to watch? We have a solution of this at the end of video. Many people visit the garden with own specific purpose. Graduate students of Biology visit the place for research, thesis and dissertation. Schools visit the place for educational tours. Families or groups visit for picnic or refreshment. Couples visit for dating. Artists visit for filming. Foreigners visit for …? You foreigner local guides have to fill this blank that why you will visit the garden? I had seen many foreigners with their family and kids there.

Botanical Garden, GodawariBotanical Garden, GodawariGuides observing green houseGuides observing green houseCactus houseCactus house

Botanical Garden is not only a place to visit in Godawari. There is one monastery where you all can visit and take photos outside. But you are not allowed to take photos inside the building. Godawari Kunda is also there where you can take bath. Inside the Godawari Kunda premises there is an entrance to go to Ganga Godawari. This is what I found absolutely amazing place. The water was crystal clear and geological structure was mind blowing. Another beautiful place to visit is Nau Dhara (nine taps). The climate of Godawari area is changeable. Anytime rainfall may occur.

when you reach the top of one hill then there is another hill  taller than the previouswhen you reach the top of one hill then there is another hill taller than the previous

We have covered up some of the beautiful places that we visited during the hike. But this does not define that the places we exposed here are the only places to visit. It takes few days to cover all the places. We can get back to Lagankhel Buspark via. Bus service from Godawari Bus Park.

Since this is a winter season so the morning time is not suitable for taking photos as the places are covered with fog.

MonasteryMonasteryPickles for sellPickles for sell

Chronology of our activities

• Mingmar calle me at 5:30 AM that he was coming via. Microbus.
  • I picked up the same microbus at 5:45 AM from Lazmipat.
  • We both reached to Bhrikutimandap at 6:00 AM
  • From Bhrikutimandap we took a microbus for Lagankhel Buspark.
  • Reached Lagankhel Buspark at 6:10 AM. Shiva was already there.
  • Gave Surendra a call. He sounded like he was still on a bed.
  • Took a bus ride from Lagankhel Buspark to Lubhoo Buspark. Reached there at 6:40 AM.
  • We three; me, Shiva and Mingmar, visited the tea shop and ordered Gram.
  • Surendra was already there and ordered tea in another tea shop. Then after he gave us a call saying 'I am here in a Lubhoo Buspark'.
  • We asked him to join our order then after we went to tea shop to take his order.
  • Called Jnjoe and waited him. He arrived at 7:20 AM on a private vehicle.
  • Started a hike at 7:30 AM (half an hour later than announced time).
  • Reached Bishankhu Narayan Temple may be after 9 AM (we were so lost in a natural beauty that we forgot to look a watch)
  • Jnjoe left the hike at 10:00 AM as he promised.
  • Reached to Botanical Garden, Godawari at 11:30 PM.
  • Roamed there around for an hour.
  • Finally visited Nau Dhara, Godawari, Lalitpur
  • Took a microbus at 2:00 PM to return back.
  • Surendra left us from Lagankhel Buspark at 2:30 PM.
  • Mingmar and I took a same bus and I dropped down at Lazimpat.

Event date: Nov. 18, 2017

Starting point: Lubhoo Buspark, Lalitpur, Nepal

End point: Naudhara Temple, Lalitpur

Duration of journey: Approx... 6 hrs.

Photo link: click here for photo album

Thank you so much for providing your valuable time to read this post.

- @BishowvijayaP (event teller)

Nepal
24 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] Nepalese Local Guides on a Hike

Very very nice recap. @BishowvijayaP many congratulations for your successful Geo walk brother. Photos are amazing. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

Hello friends, have look this wonderful recap @OSAMA @DavidTito @SalmaanN @AkmalB @RonneBD @NarenChandra @ThanulakshanS 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Good work from India 

bhupal shrestha
Level 8

Wow Amazing Recap Brother @BishowvijayaP Specially I Like you LG T-Shirt , Great Job Happy mapping. 

Level 8

Level 9

@BishowvijayaP @Surendra @Jnjoe @Shiva  @Mingmar
        I wish I was there but could not make it this time... missed it.Hope to join you all in future hikes/trek.  

Level 10

Thank you so much for words of appreciation bro @NareshDarji. 🙂

I am happy to hear that you liked the post.

@NareshDarji wrote:

Very very nice recap. @BishowvijayaP many congratulations for your successful Geo walk brother. Photos are amazing. 

Level 10

Thank you so much @bhupalshrestha ji. 🙂

But its from Nepal. It seems that you are in India at this moment. hahaha

@bhupalshrestha wrote:

Good work from India 

Level 10

Thank you so much @ThanulakshanS bro. 🙂

At this moment I like to remember the designer of t-shirt Mr. @RupendraNeupane 

@ThanulakshanS wrote:

Wow Amazing Recap Brother @BishowvijayaP Specially I Like you LG T-Shirt , Great Job Happy mapping.