iyudhi's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[Recap] Meet-up with Jakarta Local Guides - 24-Dec-2017

Apologies for posting this a bit late. I tried to limit my time on the internet during my end of year vacation, and finally got a chance to dig my photos and write this post.

I had a chance to meet-up with some members of the Jakarta Local Guides community this past December, organized by @RahmatHarmanP. It was not easy to pin down the time, considering it was holiday season and many members were already out of town. Hope I can meet you next time @UlyTheresia @SuhandiWidjaja (and more of course). But we finally agreed to meet on the Christmas Eve - 24th of December.

Jakarta Local Guides community members posing at the end of our meet up!Jakarta Local Guides community members posing at the end of our meet up!

One of the members suggested to meet at an eatery he owns, located in South Jakarta, called Eatsomnia. The coolest thing about this place is that it opens 24 hour, so no matter what time you're hungry you can always come here to get some food. The menu here is quite interesting. They serve variety of fusion food based on basic ingredients. One thing that caught my eye was the variety of Indomie (arguably the most instant noodle brands in Indonesia) dishes cooked and served with delicious side dishes. I ordered the Indomie with wagyu beef. And you know what, it was quite delicious. I mean, just look at this

Indomie with wagyu beefIndomie with wagyu beef

And of course, with us Local Guides being Local Guides, this also happens:

Look out for our photos on Maps! :)Look out for our photos on Maps! 🙂

The organizer of the meet up - Mr. Rahmat :)The organizer of the meet up - Mr. Rahmat 🙂

As for the meet-up itself, we decided to keep it simple. We had casual chat regarding the Local Guides program, brainstorm ideas on how to grow the community in Jakarta, how to make better contributions on Maps, even trade tips on how to take better photos. And of course we try to know each other better, since some of us haven't met in real life beforehand. All in all it was a really fun way to spend the afternoon. After that, a few of us continued our meet-up by watching the latest Star Wars movie (The Last Jedi) together at the nearest cinema 

May the Force be with you!May the Force be with you!

Considering I don't live in Jakarta, it's always great whenever I got a chance to go home and meet up with the community. I'm hoping this could be a regular thing 🙂 If you see yourself or know someone in the image, please help tagging them! 

cc:\ @RahmatHarmanP @UlyTheresia @SuhandiWidjaja  @RiaLyzara @Ain_amush 

EATSOMNIA, South Gandaria, South Jakarta City, Jakarta, Indonesia
11 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Meet-up with Jakarta Local Guides - 24-Dec-2017

@iyudhi wow . Food crawl. feel hungry hahha

clipart-huppy1.png

Mahabub Hasan
Connect Moderator

@MahabubMunna The food was delicious 🙂

Level 7

wah, cool. 
So sad can't attend the meetup. hopefully next time I could join the meetup

Level 9

It's always fun to meet You all..

Sharing life laught and (maybe) love.. 😂😄

The food is very good, the ambience is very cool.

Semoga Local Guide Jakarta semakin semangat berkontribusi, walaupun tantangan dan halangan semakin banyak.

Bagi yang belum dan ingin bergabung di whatsapp group (WAG JLG), silakan inbox nomer whatsapp nya ke para admin group:

@iyudhi

@UlyTheresia

@RahmatHarmanP

@SuhandiWidjaja

@Ain_amush

Level 8

thanks @iyudhi for sharing this beautiful recap 🙂 lots of fun ... we really enjoy our chat , thanks to all Local Guides Jakarta who have spent their time from day till night and continued watching the latest Star Wars movie for 2h 35m may the force  be with you hahaha.....

Indomie is one of the best  Instant noodles from Around the World  , thanks @Wirogelehydro Eatsomnia is recommended for hangout since it's open for  for 24 hour

welcome 2018

Poke @DafitAriyanto @EryWiyanto @RizkiPutra 

Level 2

Very Epic.... the food is on point..wow next time i wont be left out out.

Level 10

Hi @RahmatHarmanP 

You have organized a Nice meet up, because you can spend time with our Connect Moderator Mr. @iyudhi

Congratulation for all Jakarta Local Guides members

Great job

Salam Santun

Level 7

wahh,, i am so happy to read this post, though i wasnt there  (i am back to hometown). hope to see you again @iyudhi 

and see you soon guys, jakarta local guides in the next meetup.

yes, got another options for hangout places, eatsomnia! i'll go there soon.

Instagram: @ulytheresia
Level 8

Unfortunately I can not attend. It was on vacation with family in Batu Malang. But I'm glad you guys can meet up on Eatsomnia.