ShaniDeshwal's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

Recap: Local Guide Meet-UP in Meerut (UP, India)

First of all, a big 'THANK YOU!' to all my friends and local guides who attended this meet-up. Thank you so much #LocalGuides

I never thought it would be a meetup with 10+ Local guides, but, you made it guys. You are awesome ❤️

Here are the attendees of this meet-up:

1. @ShaniDeshwal (me) 😄
  2. @himohitrana From Meerut
  3. @deepakj from Muzaffarnagar
  4. @Akashyadav03 from Meerut
  5. @mshubhamtyagi from Kharkhouda
  6. @iamitkumar from Meerut
  7. @aayush-maan_ch from Delhi
  8. Jatin Kumar from Meerut
  9. @JMD9 from Delhi
  10. Shakti Singh from Meerut
  11. Rajat from Meerut

This was my first meet-up and also it was the 1st meet-up in our city, 'Meerut'.  When I shared this meetup on Facebook, my friends got excited about this meetup and they learned and contributed to Google Maps with their knowledge and experience. This was the best moment for me when I got 4 attendees to my meetup within 1 day. It was awesome.

I just printed a banner for #LocalGuides to showcase make something interesting. And, @deepakjhic also came with a printed banner. Now, we had 2 banners for this meet-up.

We just reached at 9 AM due to excitement to meet each one. Almost #LocalGuides reached before 10 AM and we started our discussion at sharp 10 AM.  Mr. @JMD9 shared his experience with local guides and taught us how to contribute honestly. 

We discussed on following topics:

• What is our contribution at this time
  • How to contribute as a Local Guides
  • How to level up with points
  • Importance of Meet-Up
  • Whats next on Google Maps (I/O 18)

Then, we clicked some photos from various locations. All local guides found helpful points to click photos from theirs. I am sharing some photos from our albumLocal Guides with BannersLocal Guides with Banners

IMG_20180520_114637.jpgIMG_6951.JPGIMG_6954.JPGIMG_20180520_105142.jpg

IMG_6967.jpg

For more photos, here is the link to our Google Photos Album: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VldrexUGuCNrS4kI3

Meerut, Uttar Pradesh, India
13 comments
Level 9

Re: Read: Posting on “Let’s Meet-Up” Board

Hi @HelloJess

Actually, I hosted a meetup today and just I wrote a recap of the same meet-up. After submitting my post, it went to spam. Please fix it now.

I just shared the things we did today with 6 photos.

@ErmesT  @Csaba please help me regarding my recap post.

Level 9

Re: Recap: Local Guide Meet-UP in Meerut (UP, India)

@ShaniDeshwal,

Thank you so much for this amazing meet-up. You guys made my day. Hope to see you soon in next meet-up. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

Connect Moderator

Congratulations for your successful Meetup bro @ShaniDeshwal

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thanks, @ErmesT to release this post.

May I know the reason why this post got in SPAM? It will help us to maintain those things in future.

Level 9

Level 5

Thank you so much @ShaniDeshwal bro ....

Level 10

✡️JMD ✡️

This is also a great time with this kind of green place like Gandhi Bagh with full  energytic and young locals guides spicaly the cricket  ground of Gandhi  bagh. Thanks to meet up host Shani Deshwal for conducting this event ..... *

| Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything

Level 10

@ShaniDeshwal 

Congrats!!