AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Kandy The “36” Walk

This walk was hosted as a part of the World Wide The “36” Walk organized by @PaulPavlinovich.

In last year’s edition of this event, a “36” Walk was hosted at Anuradhapura, and it was an awesome experience. This walk has taught me to think twice before clicking even in the digital era where you do not have to worry about the number of shots you can take.

Having drink - Anuradhapura MeetupHaving drink - Anuradhapura Meetup

When Paul announced this year’s event, I thought I should host it in another city in Sri Lanka, where we can showcase the beauty and culture of our beautiful country. The Kandy city was selected for this year, which is one of the world heritage sites in Sri Lanka.

The meetup was planned to start at 8.00 am in the morning, and when I reached the starting location, it was closed for the refurbishment. I stayed at the entrance ten minutes before the 8.00 am and at around 8.00 am one came and talked to me. He asked about the meetup, and then we had a chat. This was his first meetup, and he is from Batticaloa. I asked Dinesh to give a self-introduction to the recap video, and he did. Please watch the recap video. Then we were taking few photos around us to cover the event. Not 36 photos. Then Mahinda came, and he joined us. I gave them a brief introduction to the “36” walk, and we started the walk.

Anuradha, Dinesh and Mahinda

Mahinda and Dinesh were busy with taking their photos. I was doing two tasks, covering the meetup using my mobile and taking 36 photos using DSLR. I was fun. After taking some photos in the street, we moved towards the “Nuwara Wewa,” and there we found a person who was with a smake and a monkey. We asked him to show the snake, and he showed us.

Then we moved to the “Sri Dalada Maligawa”(Temple of Tooth Relic), and we took some nice photos there. Since it was a weekend, there were lots of pilgrims from all around the country. There was a large number of tourist too.

The “Sri Dalada Maligawa” museum was next to the temple, and we went there and took some photos. At that time we have almost taken 36 photos, and we were tired. Then we had a break, and we did a small video for the recap from there.

Then we came to nearby temple and then moved outside. Finally, we took last shot near the Prince of Wales fountain.

We had a cool drink and a fruit salad. I gave few stickers and badge to the Mahinda and Dinesh. They were happy.

We agreed to meet again in another meetup, and we walked off.

This is the link to Google Photo Album of the event.

This is the link to the Google Photo Album of 36 photos taken by Anuradha.

Finally this the recap video of the Kany "36" Walk.

Kandy, Sri Lanka
23 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Kandy The “36” Walk

Hi @AnuradhaP,

As usual, this is a must see recap. Nice photos, lovely smiles 😉

I must thanks @PaulPavlinovich for initiating this 36 walk. It is always a good oppotunity to discover the world of our LG friends.

The photo of the snake from behing is just amazing!

Hey @Sagir, @Anonymous @Venance@OSAMA@ValeriaA_@FazeelUsmani@Justine2807, Please have a look at it.

See you around

Jul

Connect Moderator

This is nice recap..

Congratulations for a successful meet up @AnuradhaP 

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for suggesting us to visit this recap @Julien44, it is worth of looking at those pictures, videos and 360`s. Really this story has it all!!!

@AnuradhaP, you gays nailed it! 👏👏

This is real model how meet-up should be organized and presented!

Well done, I even learned a bit about history!!

Connect Moderator

Congratulations for your successful 36 photo walk and thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures @AnuradhaP

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Well done @AnuradhaP

Your Meetup was a success .

Level 10

@Julien44 Thank you. 

Level 10

Thank you @Sagir...

Level 10