ThanulakshanS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[ Recap ] KKS Road Map Editing

I was the first man who arrived the meet up  on time and also another Jaffna Local Guide @sentoor He's Near To Meet up Destination.  I'm Arrived Twenty Minutes before and Waiting for Them Suddenly  He called me and ask will you pick up Me.? I said yes and bring him to the destination about Five o'clock at that time no any other participants join so we start fixing the map details. First he don't know about whats local guide and google maps. Then I Briefly Told about what's local guide, new points system and do Some Examples Also

From Left Narubin , me & SenthoorFrom Left Narubin , me & Senthoor

Then He join our Jaffna local guide community and Sri lanka local guide community. Its take twenty minutes at the end new participate also joined @Narubin He's Joined my first meet up in Jaffna. So we start editing the maps with check facts and missing details. And also lot of places are missing from the google maps, we add those while walking. We took more photos to add maps too. Almost we cover most important places in KKS Road At the time Tamils Diwali festival so most shops are covered with lot of peoples it's very difficult get photos and get the opening and closing time.

ShopsShops

@senthoor have some work so go at about six thirty , and he promised to contribute to google maps and join the upcoming meetups and we worked as a sales representative it's a great chance to visit lot of shops So he can contribute easily To Google Maps. Lets See In our Upcoming Meetup How he contribute 

However, we walk around two hours then we decide to finish the meetup at the time we realize our bike parks where we start Then We Walk back and Get the bike and go to Rio ice cream its famous ice cream shop in Jaffna. At the time we meet my two school mates he saw my t-shirt and asked what this Sri lanka Local Guide .? i'm really tired that time so we first Order ice cream and short eats then we discussed about this. Then We Sit And Discussed about Whats  Local Guide And Contributions in google maps. They really impressed then they ask is that google pay for this I said no its Voluntary program. They really happy about this and told please call to your next meet up I said sure and tell about how to host meetups also. This is meet up we have three new local guides from Jaffna. Looking forward to the next meetup with them.

all Participates promised me to contribute to maps also and i start one game among Them.  Those are start same day with zero points For Coming meetup who is in Leading i will gave small Gift.

For More Photos 

IMG_9239.JPG

Jaffna, Northern Province, Sri Lanka
17 comments
Level 10

Re: [ Recap ] KKS Road Map Editing

@ThanulakshanS congratulations...

@ThanulakshanS wrote:

@I was the first man who arrived the meet up  on time and also another Jaffna Local Guide @sentoor He's Near To Meet up Destination.  I'm Arrived Twenty Minutes before and Waiting for Them Suddenly  He called me and ask will you pick up Me.? I said yes and bring him to the destination about Five o'clock at that time no any other participants join so we start fixing the map details. First he don't know about whats local guide and google maps. Then I Briefly Told about what's local guide, new points system and do Some Examples Also

Then He join our Jaffna local guide community@ and Sri lanka local guide community. Its take twenty minutes at the end new participate also joined @Narubin He's Joined my first meet up in Jaffna. So we start editing the maps with check facts and missing details. And also lot of places are missing from the google maps, we add those while walking. We took more photos to add maps too. Almost we cover most important places in KKS Road At the time Tamils Diwali festival so most shops are covered with lot of peoples it's very difficult get photos and get the opening and closing time.

ShopsShops

@senthoor have some work so go at about six thirty , and he promised to contribute to google maps and join the upcoming meetups and we worked as a sales representative it's a great chance to visit lot of shops So he can contribute easily To Google Maps. Lets See In our Upcoming Meetup How he contribute 

However, we walk around two hours then we decide to finish the meetup at the time we realize our bike parks where we start Then We Walk back and Get the bike and go to Rio ice cream its famous ice cream shop in Jaffna. At the time we meet my two school mates he saw my t-shirt and asked what this Sri lanka Local Guide .? i'm really tired that time so we first Order ice cream and short eats then we discussed about this. Then We Sit And Discussed about Whats  Local Guide And Contributions in google maps. They really impressed then they ask is that google pay for this I said no its Voluntary program. They really happy about this and told please call to your next meet up I said sure and tell about how to host meetups also. This is meet up we have three new local guides from Jaffna. Looking forward to the next meetup with them.

all Participates promised me to contribute to maps also and i start one game among Them.  Those are start same day with zero points For Coming meetup who is in Leading i will gave small Gift.

For More Photos 

IMG_9239.JPG

Level 8
Level 8

Level 8

@ThanulakshanS This is a great [Recap] and off to a Good start, I see....And your Google+ Community Page looks very appealing and I would be most honored to accept an invitation to your community great work keep it up kind regards @DavidTito

@ThanulakshanS wrote:

@I was the first man who arrived the meet up  on time and also another Jaffna Local Guide @sentoor He's Near To Meet up Destination.  I'm Arrived Twenty Minutes before and Waiting for Them Suddenly  He called me and ask will you pick up Me.? I said yes and bring him to the destination about Five o'clock at that time no any other participants join so we start fixing the map details. First he don't know about whats local guide and google maps. Then I Briefly Told about what's local guide, new points system and do Some Examples Also

Then He join our Jaffna local guide community@ and Sri lanka local guide community. Its take twenty minutes at the end new participate also joined @Narubin He's Joined my first meet up in Jaffna. So we start editing the maps with check facts and missing details. And also lot of places are missing from the google maps, we add those while walking. We took more photos to add maps too. Almost we cover most important places in KKS Road At the time Tamils Diwali festival so most shops are covered with lot of peoples it's very difficult get photos and get the opening and closing time.

ShopsShops

For More Photos 

IMG_9239.JPG

Level 8

Thank You So much For Your Kind Words @DavidTito

Connect Moderator

Many Congratulations for your successful meet-up @ThanulakshanS and thanks for sharing this beautiful recap

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 7

Good Job  @ThanulakshanS. Unfortunately i missed this Meet up. I'll defiantly join to next meetup ..   

Level 9

very very nice recap bro @ThanulakshanS 🙂

and very nice video i like it 🙂

you know that am in love with Sri lanka 🙂

Level 10

@ThanulakshanS Good job... I love Rio Icecream....