DavidTito's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[Recap] International Monument Month Perth Local Guides

Hello everyone for this [Recap] I have chosen The Perth Bell Tower and I am introducing to a brief introduction followed by a My-Map animation and few 360 photospheres I took on the and a youtube video I would like to watch and thank you for watching @DavidTito as follows

The Swan Bells are a set of 18 bells hanging in a specially built 82.5 meters (271 ft)-high copper and glass campanile in Perth, Western Australia. The tower is commonly known as The Bell Tower or the Swan Bell Tower.

Taking their name from the Swan River, which their tower overlooks, and forming a sixteen-bell peal with two extra chromatic notes, they are one of the largest sets of change ringing bells in the world.

Twelve of the set are historic bells from St Martin-in-the-Fields church in Trafalgar Square in London; six others, cast in recent times by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry, round off the set. The St Martin-in-the-Fields bells were donated to the State of Western Australia as part of the 1988 Australian bicentenary celebrations; the additional bells were cast with a subsequent donation of metals mined in Western Australia. The six newer bells include five that were presented to the University of Western Australia, the City of Perth and to the people of Western Australia by the City of London, the City of Westminster and a consortium of British and Australian mining companies and one bell commissioned by the Western Australian Government.

An inlaid path made of ceramic tiles surrounds the tower. These come from nearly every school in Western Australia and are arranged alphabetically by school name. Each school's tile lists the youngest and oldest cohorts of students in 1999. As of March 2014, the tiles were being removed as part of the Elizabeth Quay project, but have been reinstalled in a new artwork to the east of the tower

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
27 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 8
Solution

Re: [Recap] International Monument Month Perth Local Guides

Nice lots of photo sphere 

View solution in original post

Level 8
Solution

Level 8

@Surendra thank you again for that solution I

@Surendra wrote:

am very happy for that kind regards @DavidTito

Level 10

Dear DavidTito, hope all's well. Nicely done. Beautiful presentation. Kindest regards from Osaka78

Level 8

@Osaka78forTRUMP thanks and your Kudos landed me the 5000 I was aiming for thank you kindest regards @DavidTito

@Osaka78forTRUMP wrote:

Dear DavidTito, hope all's well. Nicely done. Beautiful presentation. Kindest regards from Osaka78

IMG_E0156[1].JPG

Level 10

Thank you for sharing @DavidTito . Just as @Osaka78forTRUMP has said nicely prepared. This is a well detailed post and I enjoy reading your recaps. Beautiful photosphere as well and I love the way you use my maps, this is very good. Well done David and keep up the good work

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR thank you, I'm

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Thank you for sharing @DavidTito . Just as @Osaka78forTRUMP has said nicely prepared. This is a well detailed post and I enjoy reading your recaps. Beautiful photosphere as well and I love the way you use my maps, this is very good. Well done David and keep up the good work

glad you like my presentation

Level 10

Wow! Fantastic Recap Thank you @DavidTito

Sensational video! Great information all about the Bell Tower. Excellent views, what a gorgeous sight across Perth

Western Australia is a magnificent place and looks very inviting from all your outstanding reviews and recaps here in GLGC.

You are very skilled in My-Maps. And also very inspirational for others to use these fantastic tools available for all in Google Maps.

Fabulous Photos as well as video too. All together very clear and an expert coverage for everyone to get a good idea all about the places you show us as top places to visit in Western Australia.

Shine on champion! 

Cheers! 

@Justine2807

@DavidTito wrote:

Hello everyone for this [Recap] I have chosen The Perth Bell Tower and I am introducing to a brief introduction followed by a My-Map animation and few 360 photospheres I took on the and a youtube video I would like to watch and thank you for watching @DavidTito as follows

The Swan Bells are a set of 18 bells hanging in a specially built 82.5 meters (271 ft)-high copper and glass campanile in Perth, Western Australia. The tower is commonly known as The Bell Tower or the Swan Bell Tower.

Taking their name from the Swan River, which their tower overlooks, and forming a sixteen-bell peal with two extra chromatic notes, they are one of the largest sets of change ringing bells in the world.

Twelve of the set are historic bells from St Martin-in-the-Fields church in Trafalgar Square in London; six others, cast in recent times by the Whitechapel Bell Foundry, round off the set. The St Martin-in-the-Fields bells were donated to the State of Western Australia as part of the 1988 Australian bicentenary celebrations; the additional bells were cast with a subsequent donation of metals mined in Western Australia. The six newer bells include five that were presented to the University of Western Australia, the City of Perth and to the people of Western Australia by the City of London, the City of Westminster and a consortium of British and Australian mining companies and one bell commissioned by the Western Australian Government.

An inlaid path made of ceramic tiles surrounds the tower. These come from nearly every school in Western Australia and are arranged alphabetically by school name. Each school's tile lists the youngest and oldest cohorts of students in 1999. As of March 2014, the tiles were being removed as part of the Elizabeth Quay project, but have been reinstalled in a new artwork to the east of the tower

Level 10

Congratulations @DavidTito for 5000 Kudos in Google Local Guides Connect badge! 

That is an outstanding accomplishment! You are always so supportive and helpful to everyone! Well done! Great work. You are a truly inspirational Google Local Guides Connect member. Thank you again for your kindness and friendship. 

Kudos! 

Cheers!

@Justine2807

You are the best!

Fantastic Achievement

Save

Level 8

@Justine2807 thank you for that

@Justine wrote:

Wow! Fantastic Recap Thank you @DavidTito

Sensational video! Great information all about the Bell Tower. Excellent views, what a gorgeous sight across Perth

Western Australia is a magnificent place and looks very inviting from all your outstanding reviews and recaps here in GLGC.

You are very skilled in My-Maps. And also very inspirational for others to use these fantastic tools available for all in Google Maps.

Fabulous Photos as well as video too. All together very clear and an expert coverage for everyone to get a good idea all about the places you show us as top places to visit in Western Australia.

Shine on champion! 

Cheers! 

@Justine2807

@DavidTito wrote: