FazeelUsmani's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Hyderabad Map Edit Walk {Worldwide}

@minhaj18 There was a amazing meet-up yesterday too i.e on 26 August, 2017 @Kachiguda Railway Station, Hyderabad. Looking forward to join us in the upcoming meet-ups.

Level 10

@FazeelUsmani why not write a recap on yesterday's meet . 

Level 6

Oh I missed it, is there any way to be get an update or be informed about the upcoming meet ups? 

Level 10

I know you all are curious to see the recap of yesterdays meet. No need to wait anymore, I'm posting it today

Level 7

@FazeelUsmani

Nice Preparations. Very organized meetup. And congratulations for a successful meetup. 

Level 6

@FazeelUsmani

WOW, FANTASTIC, EXCELLENT ARE THE WORDS FOR THE PRESENTATION AND YOUR MEET UP.

KEEP IT UP, ALL OF YOU !

Even I'm from Hyderabad folks.

It was nice knowing you guys!

👍👍👍👍

Warm Regards!

Sameena Kausar

Indian Air Force.

@FazeelUsmani wrote:

"Thanks for the overwhelming response from Hyderabad local Guides"

This was the poster for our WalkHyderabad Map Edit Walk PosterHyderabad Map Edit Walk Poster                                                                                                    It was a great journey to me

I got with all the stuff ready and eagerly waiting for the walk (02:00PM)I got with all the stuff ready and eagerly waiting for the walk (02:00PM)Fazeel Usmani writing names on I-CardsFazeel Usmani writing names on I-Cards                                 It was my first meetup as a host and I’m eagerly waiting for this walk. Thanks Google for providing me such an opportunity to explore the city with the fellow local guides. I was at the venue 15 minutes in advance waiting for others. Finally I found 1, Shaik Imtiaz Ahmed. By 03:15 PM, we were 5 and then we’ve decided to start the walk. While writing the names on I-cards,  surprisingly more 7 local guides came at the place in no time. At that time, I felt this would be a great walk and I was dangling with joy. 

We started introducing to each other, surprisingly we found a local guide Abdul Basith who is literally 16. Then all the others cheered him and greeted him to keep up the good work. I’ve started by giving a brief introduction of our local guides programme and shared current news about our program.

From L to R: Asim, Bharath Kumar, Sab 360, Fazeel Usmani, Ammar Habeeb, AKmal, Shaik Imtiaz, Lalitesh, Uzair, Abdulla Rehan, Abdul BasithFrom L to R: Asim, Bharath Kumar, Sab 360, Fazeel Usmani, Ammar Habeeb, AKmal, Shaik Imtiaz, Lalitesh, Uzair, Abdulla Rehan, Abdul Basith

First we discussed what we're going to doOur Map Edit Walk startsOur Map Edit Walk starts

1. Check and Mark the correct location of a place on map
  2. Report a place if it is permanently closed or duplicate of another place, if a place is spam (or) doesn't exist.
  3. Fill up all the details on map by asking the business owner, if some details are missing.
  4. Encourage the business people to add photos of their business on Google Maps.
  5. Sign up for Local Guide
  6. Crosscheck the available details of a business on Google Maps in presence of the business owner.
  7. Add Photos and new places

After all we got divided into two teams and started the walk, this will cover the maximum area. One team headed towards IS Sadan and the other towards Owaisi Hospital. (From the starting point Yadagiri

theater)

Worldwide Map Edit Walk in HYDWorldwide Map Edit Walk in HYDPublic is curious to know about what we are doing?Public is curious to know about what we are doing?Screenshot-1Screenshot-1Screenshot-2Screenshot-2

HYD Map Edit WalkHYD Map Edit Walk                             

After this, all of a sudden  more two local guides joined the walk. Now, we summed to 14.From L to R: Depally Lalitesh, Uzair Sayeed, Syed Imad, Mohd Irfan, Fazeel Usmani, Abdul Basith, Fuad Ahmed, Ammar Habeeb, Abdullah RehanFrom L to R: Depally Lalitesh, Uzair Sayeed, Syed Imad, Mohd Irfan, Fazeel Usmani, Abdul Basith, Fuad Ahmed, Ammar Habeeb, Abdullah Rehan

Selfie                            #LocalGuidesSelfie #LocalGuides

Die Hard fan of Google Maps, Ammar HabeebDie Hard fan of Google Maps, Ammar Habeeb

The picture to the right is of Ammar Habeeb, his aim is to  help others by his contributions on Google Maps. He is not an ordinary guy, he spend most of the time in helping people and the community. He is also an active member of an NGO in the city. His aim is to become an IAS Officer. 

We encouraged and demonstrated the business people of Santoshnagar area, how to claim the business on Google Maps and how to add new pictures and how to write responses to the reviews given by customers. 

Finally, we completed the walk by speaking some words about Google Maps, Drinks @SwagathDrinks @Swagathlatest technology and demonstrated how to take 360 photos and how to connect  them in a Google Street View app. Shared some knowledge about Google Maps. And some tips and tricks to take Photos.

Having Walk~Having FunHaving Walk~Having FunTeam BTeam BDessertsDessertsDelicious SweetDelicious Sweet

After completing the walk we had some drinks at Swagath Restaurant.  

We enjoyed a lot and had a great fun. Thanks for attendees for making this walk memorable and funny. Special thanks to Abdulla Rehan & Fuad Qureshi, as they were cracking jokes all the time and making the atmosphere awesome in both the teams. Had a lot of fun.

Thanks a lot for making our walk memorable.  #BeingLG 

Link to our Walk Album:-

Photos of Worldwide Map Edit Walk - Hyderabad

Video Link :-

Hyderabad Map Edit Walk

Level 10

Thanks @Jnjoe

@Jnjoe wrote:

@FazeelUsmani

Nice Preparations. Very organized meetup. And congratulations for a successful meetup. 

Level 7

Congrats on first meet up map editing

Level 7

Again when will be the next meet plz decide and let m know so I also join

Level 10

@Zubax @sameenasanjay @minhaj18As of now there are 3 meetups in Hyderabad. Here is a link to registe

On 7th October - RSVP here organised by @AslamMo 

Jalagam Vengalrao Park

Green Valley, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad, Telangana 500034, India

@October 07, 2017 @ 17:00 (IST)

15th October - RSVP here organised by myself (Fazeel Usmani)

Mecca Masjid
Near Charminar Charminar, Ghansi Bazaar Hyderabad, Telangana 500002 India

22nd October - RSVP here organised by @DanielTh 

Landscape Garden

Osmania University Road, Amberpet, Osmania University, Amberpet, Hyderabad, Telangana 500007, India

@October 22, 2017 @ 15:00 (IST)

@Zubax wrote:

Again when will be the next meet plz decide and let m know so I also join