cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] Explore Kites Market - Local Guides Style

A Colorful Walk with Hyderabad Local Guides

Welcome to the Colorful world of Kites: 

Sankranti, a traditional Kite Festival of India where people of all age groups participate with pleasure. 

Idea behind this adorable walk: All the kite fighters need Kites, Thread (i.e Manja) and Charakha (where the thread is rolled). So, decided to meet at Gulzar Houz; a famous market for Kites and explore:-

• By adding new places (shops) which are specially opened for this festive season
  • Guide the users by writing helpful reviews
  • Discover some new things about Kites
  • Add photos
  • Edit places

Caption: From L to R: Uzair, Afzal, Shoeb and FazeelCaption: From L to R: Uzair, Afzal, Shoeb and Fazeel

This was my very first meetup as a host in the year 2018. In this meetup, we decided to meet near Gulzar Houz - a famous Kite market of Hyderabad. Started with intro and greetings then we discussed what we're going to do :-       

1. Discover and add new places which are specially opened this festive season
  2. Click Beautiful pictures and then add them on Google Maps
  3. Visit kite shops little by little and verify the details with the help of business owners
  4. Write helpful reviews
  5. Have some fun during the walk 

Here are some clicks of the walk:

Caption: A Colorful Kite ShopCaption: A Colorful Kite Shop

Caption: Gulzar HouzCaption: Gulzar Houz

Caption: Top- Kites | Bottom- Manja CharakhCaption: Top- Kites | Bottom- Manja Charakh

Caption: Hyderabad Local Guides | Kite ShopCaption: Hyderabad Local Guides | Kite Shop
Caption: Zaker KitesCaption: Zaker Kites

• Sales personnels of Zaker Kites showing different kinds of Kites and Manjha (Thread)

Thank You for reading. 

Want to be more colorful: https://photos.app.goo.gl/VPTDtxXq622h6Mch2

Happy Sankranti!!!         

Hyderabad, Telangana, India
21 comments
Level 10

Re: [Recap] Explore Kites Market - Local Guides Style

Wow , that was so colorful , i missed it because i was not in the city , will meet in the next meetup . @FazeelUsmani 

Level 10

Sure we will meet in next meet

@NarenChandra wrote:

Wow , that was so colorful , i missed it because i was not in the city , will meet in the next meetup . @FazeelUsmani 

Level 10

Wow beautiful @FazeelUsmani, Thanks for sharing this colorful event with us. This is the first time I am seeing a kite market. So colourful & beautiful.

Level 10

My pleasure!!! @HelloSamsonR. Thanks for liking

@HelloSamsonR wrote:

Wow beautiful @FazeelUsmani, Thanks for sharing this colorful event with us. This is the first time I am seeing a kite market. So colourful & beautiful.

Level 10

Yeah @Nerella2020, this market is located in the heart of the city (i.e Old City of Hyderabad)

@Nerella2020 wrote:

@FazeelUsmani Really soo Good to see this colourful hyderabadi kite shop places Soo good I think this places located at old city Happy sankranthi!!!!!

Level 10

Fantastic recap Thank you @FazeelUsmani

It is so exciting to see all the different pictures in every adventure by all Google Maps Local Guides Connect members. Many thanks to the Hyderabad Local Guides Afzal, Shoeb and Uzair for sharing this brilliant bright, colourful venture to the markets with Fazeel to find the best and beautiful coloured kites. Your connection is fun and vibrant and the pictures you share of the markets match your enthusiasm. 

The hues in every picture are luminous. Then to see the wonderful Google Photos animation plus the extraordinary added excellence from the Google Photos photo album is fantastic.  

Superb! Supreme! So much fun! 

Cheers! 

@Justine2807

Level 10

@Justine2807 Thank you for reading and using kind words. 

We enjoyed a lot during the walk and it seems you all are enjoying by reading this Recap🤩.

Hope you like our future meets too.

Cheers,

Fazeel

Level 6

I was there at 3.00 o'clock sharp but I missed you as I could not locate you. However I enjoyed the occasion. I went round the Kite market, observed the veriety, enquired price and took few photos. Went up Charminar after 50 years and what a fun it was. Thanks once again and I won't miss you next time. 

Level 10

Oops!!! @VeeraReddyL You would have contacted me or just make a call to any one of us. You know we waited till 03:30PM and then started the walk as we were getting late. Good to hear that you too enjoyed a lot and take pictures of Kites around the market 

I'm sorry that we couldn't found you. Eagerly waiting to meet you in next meet. 

Kind Regards,

Fazeel

@VeeraReddyL wrote:

I was there at 3.00 o'clock sharp but I missed you as I could not locate you. However I enjoyed the occasion. I went round the Kite market, observed the veriety, enquired price and took few photos. Went up Charminar after 50 years and what a fun it was. Thanks once again and I won't miss you next time.