cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] - Chennai metro Train Meetup 28/04/2018

11111.JPG

Hi friends,

I am very excited and privileged to host a Meetup in Chennai Metro. In the very outset I would like to thank google team for designing such a wonderful program like Meetup. It was a great experience to meet like-minded people and hear from them. I heartily thank the participants @Avinash_V, @RtnArulPrakasamT, Arul S for making this event successful. 

IMG_20180428_085300.jpg

Chennai Metro Train is a newly launched service, which will be an alternative solution for the Chennai Traffic and insufficient Public transportation. There are two lines (Green line and Blue line) are active, other lines are still under construction. Since it is a new service many doesn't know the routes, cost, facilities etc. Here are our findings: 

We started our Meetup from Chennai Koyambedu CMPT Metro station at 8.00am. Four of us Including myself (Arul S, @Avinash_V, @RtnArulPrakasamTable to participate in this meetup @RtnArulPrakasamT, senior shared his experiences, also good to hear from Avinash and Arul S a very friendly and technological guys. I have distributed caps to all the participant as a compliment and @Avinash V given beautiful sticker to all. There we started our Photowalk.

We have visited the following Metro Stations:

https://www.google.com/maps/@13.0679271,80.205734,14z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m3!11m2!2s14QCOZrIJaXN--qOuw8E3...

222222.JPG333333.JPG

We experienced both Underground metro stations and Over bridge Stations. ( @Avinash K has given a detailed recap about the stations and facilities. https://www.localguidesconnect.com/t5/Let-s-Meet-Up/RECAP-Photo-Walk-of-Chennai-Metro-Stations-28th-...

Our Discovery:

1. Construction and Facilities 

IMG_20180428_125937.jpgInside the TrainInside the TrainIMG_20180428_130315 (1).jpg

Both interior and exterior of Stations and trains are awesome. Very neatly maintained, these are modular stations covers all the facilities mentioned in the google map requirements. Fully air conditioned with all emergency, security and amenities. Help desks, active staffs on sites are appreciable. The facilities like Lift, escalator, drinking water, Mobile recharge points, self recharging ticket smart card, toilet are well maintained. 

2. Facilities for Physically Challenged:

Special path for blind people with Dots are very new to us. 

IMG_20180428_102726.jpg

Wheelchair facilities and lift facilities are available in each station.  

IMG_20180428_090115.jpgIMG_20180428_091221.jpg

Special Preferences to Women, Elders and Kids

IMG_20180428_094536.jpgIMG_20180428_125348.jpgIMG_20180428_100338.jpg

Facilities: Self Ticket recharging Machine, Drinks dispenser, ATM, Paytm, Free Drinking water, Metro cycle, Parking facilitates ( at present only three stations has parking facility) are exemplary. 

IMG_20180428_111214.jpg 

Protective Glass doors and glass fence at Underground stations: 

IMG_20180428_094540.jpg

Drawbacks & Missing Facilities:

1. There is no network signals in the underground stations ( jio networks works at some points)

2. So far no food counters are opened in any of the Metro stations

3. There is no Drink dispensers at Underground stations.

4. Only three stations has the parking facilities

5. Ticket price is very high. (  Ticket price ranges from ₹ 9.00 to ₹50).

There are the things we have discovered during our meetup. Since it was very less crowd at the station and in the train, we had enough time to chit Chat. 

I loved all the participants, they are  very friendly, knowledgeable and willing to contribute to the community.  

Ending the meetup

We have ended our meetup with Lunch at Saravana Bhavan, Vadapalani 

DosaDosaIMG_20180428_121752.jpg

Please see the link below for more photos and vidoes

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipMrE5fqHTgPpRTLFfioAHID6XF3nouPcZ7pRD0Gq7q3zcO56Piv7LMUnP5H7oSH...

Thanks

With regards,

John Peter 

Waiting to WelcomeWaiting to Welcome

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
11 comments
Level 7

Re: [Recap] - Chennai metro Train Meetup 28/04/2018

Hey @JohnPeter,

This is a much more awesome and detailed article about the Walk compared to mine.
Kudos to you for taking time to write the article.

Best,
Avinash

Level 10

Hi @@Avinash_V,

You too done a wonderful write-up. Thanks for your sharing. Meet you soon in the next meetup.

With love

John Peter

Level 8

Wow @JohnPeter
You did a very thorough job and I applaud your idea to schedule a meet-up around a brand new metro line with unknown stations and travel connections.
Congratulations! Excellent work.

Level 10

Thanks @JeroenM sir

Level 10

@JeroenM

@Avinash_V

Please also see the video recap on youtube.

https://www.youtube.com/upload

Thanks 

Level 8

@JohnPeter You need to change the link to your video (it is not the correct URL) or even better, embed your YouTube video inside your LGC post 😉

Level 7

Good initiative guys. How does one subscribe to such meet ups? 

Level 10

@NimishMohan, just go to LG home page, search for meetup on your area. Mark the attendance. If no meetups you are free to host

Level 10

Dear @JeroenM sir,

Thanks for informing me I will correct the link. How to embed videos.

Needed your valuable guidance

Thanks