BishowvijayaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[Recap] BHAKTAPUR MAP EDIT WALK - WWMEW V2

Video Recap

It's always pleasure to conduct meetup either its being alone or with team. This time also the 2nd version of Worldwide Map Edit Walk completed successfully. Thanks to @HelloSamsonR and the team for endorsement of the worldwide meetup idea and embed all the guides over the world with the common motive

CollageMaker_20180728_225740876~2.jpg

The time never misses its pace but sometimes we become late to synchronize us with it. While submitting this meetup there was an error on a site which prevented us to submit meetup. But though later be better, with coordination with Goglers we were able to submit the meetup. As the meetup venue was not concluded so I got an advice from my team to choose the entire Bhaktapur district and announce the destination later via announcement. Later @Surendra advised the ‘Jalpadevi Temple’ as the destination point.

There were some feeble signs from some local guides to attend the meetup but at the end Surendra was my companion. The merits of being only two were coverage of more than targeted area, quick decision, speedy climbing and walking, less/no arguments, non-ignorance etc. The place was very new to me and somehow to my fellow as well. Multiple times we asked locals and took the help of Google map to check the direction. Internet network was very dim so we couldn’t perform YouTube streaming. Though it was a meetup we felt it like an expedition.

CollageMaker_20180728_230023674~2.jpg

My meetup partner Surendra and I planned to visit in Ratna Park, Kathmandu at 10 AM. He arrived a bit lately but he arrived to meet me from another district Lalitpur Then we took a ride to Bhaktapur district. In Sallaghari (pine forest) our bus overtook another bus which was heading to Narayantar. Then we called helper to stop the bus and shifted to that one. From Narayantar buspark we took a short hike to Changunarayan temple.

Changunarayan temple is the UNESCO world heritage site decorated with ancient architecture and carvings. The temple was affected by devastating earthquake in 2015 and still reconstruction is in progress. Any religion are welcomed there. Taking photos is allowed there except inside the main door of temple. Simply saying, taking photo of main idol is restricted. The Changu Museum over there features old coins, weapons, utensils, clothes and other devices. The amazing things inside museum are the world’s smallest coin, stone obtained from lightning, right rotated sankha, weighing balance etc.

CollageMaker_20180728_230311729~2.jpg

From Changunarayan temple we headed to Jalpadevi Temple. It was very pleasant to pass through jungle and villages in a clean environment. The fields were filled with corns and the waterable fields were filled with paddy. In a way we gave a taste to our tongue in a local grocery tea shop. Yeah! it was grocery tea shop. Then we proceeded to Jalpadevi temple.

As we reached the temple I was eluded with panoramic beauty of nature seen from there. The temple is at the top of the hill and is beautifully designed. People were gathering there for worshipping. Worshipping was almost finished and fooding was going on. As we were busy in taking photos, videos and photospheres the priest invited us to take sacrament. This was obvious for us as our culture says ATITHI DEVO BHAWA i.e. GUESTS ARE LIKE TO GODS.

CollageMaker_20180728_234929658~2.jpg

While returning back we went to Kamalpokhari ( Lotus Pond) and enjoyed the evening moment with mild light from horizon. Though the event was scheduled for 3 hours we spent whole day for it.  This assures that the map edit walk was very enjoyable and memorable.

For exciting photos please visit the photo album 1 and photo album 2.

[ Feedback to Googlers: please add a feature on Google map such that we can add missing places offline too because web is not worldwide as it is said like www. ]

Thanks to Surendra, all the well wishers, Map edit walk teams & Google as well. A week is passed and guide were asking that when will recap come. Its been a bit late but its THOUGH LATER BUT PRESENT BETTER strategy. Hope to join with you in next meetup.

Namaste!

Bishowvijaya Pandey (event host)

Kathmandu, Nepal

Kathmandu, Nepal
18 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [Recap] BHAKTAPUR MAP EDIT WALK - WWMEW V2

Super cool EXPEDITION meet up @BishowvijayaP and @Surendra

and detailed Recap... 

thanks for sharing with us

kind regards 

Sagir

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Level 9

As always it's  a beautiful recap thanks @BishowvijayaP & @Surendra 🙂

Level 10

Congratulations @BishowvijayaP and really good presentation. Keep it up brother

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless

Level 10

All photos are awesome and Wonderful. congrats you had a great meet-up @BishowvijayaP

Level 10

This is so beautiful @BishowvijayaP. Thanks for sharing an amazing and fantastic recap with us. The fun was definitely seamless. Good to see Surendra joing you for this year's edition. Please share us those personal selfies as well in the Global album. Once again thank you for joining this global initiative.

Level 8

Hi @BishowvijayaP

Recap of the Meetup is really very warm and helpful, it felt like I was also probably part of it.

Congratulations on a successful events.

Keep up the good work.

AJ Singh
Level 8

@BishowvijayaP  @Surendra when you guys get together it always a good presentation I sore lots of your photo' in @HelloSamsonR Photo album there are some really amazing

places there and budo's I like Budo's But I will be back to take another look soon thanks my bro's  @BishowvijayaP  @Surendra

Level 10

Its my pleasure that your comment popped up at first @Sagir bhai. 🙂 Thank you so much  for your continuous love and support to us.

Thank you so much for finding the recap evergreen bro @Haseeb. 🙂 I am pleased to have your comment here.

having your support through comments its obvious that I will keep it up with the hope that you will feedback me regularly bro @AmbrishVarshney. Thank you so much for encouragement. 🙂

That's what I was waiting to hear bro @NandKK. 🙂 Burrowing your words, the meetup was great. Thank you so much for your kind words. 

Its our pleasure to work on a concept you created @HelloSamsonR. 🙂 Thank you so much for being cooperative and helpful thoroughly with time. I had added the photos as per your wish. Again thanks for the nice feedback as well. 🙂

It is essential part of writing that one must feel the vibe that writer wants to transfer in reader's mind. I am blissful that you felt being in the venue bro @AjSingh. Thank you so much. 🙂

@DavidTito with the notification of this tag I am sure that you will look at the recap once again. hahaha. Thanks for checking the recap and feed-backing us. Please don't forget to watch the video as well. Otherwise liveliness of the event will be missed. 🙂

Thank you so much rest of the fellows who red the post but forgot to put a comment. 🙂 🙂

Level 10

I am always with you @BishowvijayaP and ready to help u anytime

| Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless