PaulPavlinovich's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

Recap: 36Walk LGSummit17 Edition

Hi everyone,

Well the big 2017 Summit is all done and dusted. On the day the Summit started I ran a special edition of the 36Walk as a bit of a pre spark up event for the Summit attendees and anyone else who wanted to come along.

The planned walk route  covered some of the local touristy things such as:

• Cable car turn-around on Mason Street
  • The Sea Lions at Pier 39
  • Fishermans Wharf

We started on time at the Hyatt Centric Fishermans Wharf (the Summit hotel) with a great turn out of 30 people and a few more joined us later and a few drifted away (always happens on Photowalks). 

Pre Walk Group PhotoPre Walk Group Photo

Earlier in the morning as I travelled from South Bay to San Francisco I seriously thought about calling off the walk as the terrible bushfires which had decimated Napa and other areas had blanketed SF in thick smoke not conducive to being healthy let alone photography. I'm glad I didn't do it as by the time walk time was upon us a light breeze had sprung up and at least cleared the Fishermans Wharf area. This is a good lesson in don't cancel until you absolutely have to particularly when most of the participants don't need to travel.

We wandered down to the Cable Cars

Hand turning a Muni Cable CarHand turning a Muni Cable Car

We met the Bubble dude and he was popular with the photographers, some of them blew their 36 just on chasing bubbles but at least they were smiling.

Bubble ClownBubble Clown

Any device is fineAny device is fineChecking the shotsChecking the shotsChatting over a momentChatting over a momentHanging around with the sea lionsHanging around with the sea lionsExplaining the worldExplaining the world

After the sea lions my time keeper Local Guide @KarenVChin reminded me that I'd promised to get everyone back on time for the Summit opening event. We stopped for another group photo, this time with a 360 camera displayed as a tiny planet shot.

The Tiny PlanetThe Tiny Planet

After the group shot we raced back to the hotel in time for people to clean up for the opening party. This one was a bit of a short walk and wasn't the usual format for a 36Walk but everyone seemed to be enjoying themselves and I had a ball leading a photowalk in San Francisco.

New G-Bike model?New G-Bike model?

The 36 Walk runs annually and the next one will be late in April 2018. You can read more about the walk here https://plus.google.com/+The36AnnualPhotowalk/posts/EGWeKGDBjSf

Fishermans Wharf, San Francisco, CA, United States
24 comments
Level 9

Re: Recap: 36Walk LGSummit17 Edition

This is one  the best Meetups 👍👌👍@PaulPavlinovich 

First of  all its from great story teller Paul

Second I can't imagine all of Wonderful Amazing Local guides all together on this Meetup 

Third : Thank you very much 🎅👳🎅👳 🎉

Connect Moderator

Thanks @OSAMA you can run your own 36 Walk in April if you'd like too.

Regards Paul

Level 10

Great recap, as usual, @PaulPavlinovich! I really like the tiny planet! You were so many friend! Really happy for the success of the pre-summit walk!

Level 9

of course i like april and on Summit 18 too 😉 @PaulPavlinovich  :)))))

Level 10

Hi @PaulPavlinovich

Spectacular group photo to end what looks like a fabulous 36' photo walk. Sensational recap covering all about the event which sounds and looks like it was a great day.

The sea lions on Pier 39 are massive an excellent thing to see. Then also having a ride on the famous San Francisco trams plus visiting fisherman's wharf too, all terrific places to see and experience for a top set of images by everyone there. Thanks for sharing these great photos of everyone having a fun time.

It is an awesome happiness felt by all Local Guides seeing you all there and getting to share the trip with you from all these great pictures from your 36' photo walk. Kudos

Cheers

With kind regards

@Justine2807

Level 10

Wowowow Great Journey @PaulPavlinovich Thanks for sharing with us.

Mohammed Omar Faruque
Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich Just awesome to see this RECAP. 

Its  Remember me the last 36 walk event we arranged! 

Connect Moderator

Level 8

@PaulPavlinovich@ErmesT

Thanks for the sharing, it is very wonderful.