AntonellaGr's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

REcap Geowalk Il Mondo delle Sibille

As promised here is a longer version, with new photos and text (in red), and the link to the album

https://photos.app.goo.gl/XmQTcaANoXQ6t3GE7

A very short recap. I will provide a longer version but I need some more time.

In any case, we left Treviso ( a bit later than the scheduled time, but I am ALWAYS late). @ErmesT was driving, I was sleeping... First stop in Bologna to pick up @AngelaViale

Bologna meeting pointBologna meeting point

Second  stop at Fiastra for lunch. Fiastra in not far from Pintura, and is famous for its lake.

Lake of FiastraLake of Fiastra

We met the mayor of Pintura at the restaurant for the final details of the event and then we started eating 🙂 

Satisfied LGSatisfied LG

We moved then to our destination Pintura di Bolognola and Sibillini Mountains. This is the lanscape and what the weather was like. I was a bit worried for the following day

We were going to have two events in one: our geowalk and a day devoted to “women of Sibillini Mountains”and their struggle trying to reconstruct their homes and activities after the earthquake. I didn’t take any pictures of the destruction as the aim of the event was focused on reconstruction rather than destruction

SibilliniSibilliniPintura di BolognolaPintura di Bolognola

Fortunately the weather was fine, although a bit (more than a bit indeed) windy in the morning

@ErmesT and I stayed at our stand while @manulele81@Gallogrigio84, Angela and Raffaele moved for the geowalk with a mountain guide Stefano

Ermes explainig mappingErmes explainig mapping

In the afternoon the interviews with the journalist and writer Concita De Gregorio began, I will give more details in "next edition"

Concita  interviewed 25 women representing 25 small cities of the area of the Sibillini RingThe Great Sibillini Ring is a walking route of approximately 120 km that covers the entire mountain chain. All the women invited for the talk came from the area of the Ring. 

Concita asked them their opinion/feeling on two words “House” and “Future” after the earthquake. For most of them both words are connected with friendship and family.

interviewsinterviews

The following day @ErmesT, Angela and I left for returning home but we stopped to enjoy discovering some new walk and flowers

20180611_103803.jpg20180611_103207.jpg

Bye for now

Antonella

Tagging by request @Badruddeen

Pintura, MC, Italia
12 comments
Level 8

Re: REcap Geowalk Il Mondo delle Sibille

@AntonellaGr wrote:

A very short recap. I will provide a longer version but I need some more time.

In any case, we left Treviso ( a bit later than the scheduled time, but I am ALWAYS late). @ErmesT was driving, I was sleeping... First stop in Bologna to pick up @AngelaViale

Bologna meeting pointBologna meeting point

We moved then to our destination Pintura di Bolognola and Sibillini Mountains. This is the lanscape and what the weather was like. I was a bit worried for the following day

SibilliniSibilliniPintura di BolognolaPintura di Bolognola

Fortunately the weather was fine, although a bit (more than a bit indeed) windy in the morning

@ErmesT and I stayed at our stand while @manulele81@Gallogrigio84, Angela and Raffaele moved for the geowalk with a mountain guide Stefano

Ermes explainig mappingErmes explainig mapping

In the afternoon the interviews with the journalist and writer Concita De Gregorio began, I will give more details in "next edition"

interviewsinterviews

The following day @ErmesT, Angela and I left for returning home but we stopped to enjoy discovering some new walk and flowers

20180611_103803.jpg20180611_103207.jpg

Bye for now

Antonella

Tagging by request @Badruddeen

Fantastic. Thank you for letting me know. :))

Cheers

Level 10

Hehehe @AntonellaGr it was a brief recap but it was awesome. Thanks for sharing I could see you all had an amazing time. Beautiful photos too 🙂 

Connect Moderator

Thanks for the beautiful short Recap @AntonellaGr

You are giving me a wonderful opportunity for focusing in what I love more, flowers and nature.

June is probably the best month for this, nature is gorgeous, the colors are vivid

@AntonellaGr@AngelaViale and myself, we arrived in Pintura di Bolognola, at 1400 meters over the sea level, in the afternoon of Saturday, after six hours driving. The day was cloudy and windy

Despite of the wind and the temperature, we decided to have walk and explore.

Flowers

Tired but happy, we decided to go for an "early dinner", remembering always that "we are local guides"

We went to sleep early, ready for the meet-up in the next morning. The rest of the story will follow

Good night

Level 8

Thank you so much for the great opportunity you gave me. I've enjoyed every single moment while I was experiencing it and I'm enjoying it now reading your recap! Thank you @AntonellaG @ErmesT@gallogrigio84 @emanuele81

Connect Moderator

@AntonellaGr Super!!! 👍 

i Love your last picture!

https://goo.gl/maps/6ascMbAtC6r
Connect Moderator

Thank you @AngelaViale, let me tag @manulele81 and @Gallogrigio84 for you.

Talking with @KarenVChin about a photo of the Sibillini Mountains, taken in September, she told me that the colors was the same that you can see in California, "the Golden State"

This is the view now, Karen

Ermes

Level 8

@HelloSamsonR thank you. Still trying to write a longer version...

Level 8

@ErmesT thank you! It seems there is something not working with your pictures

Level 8

@TorM me too! See you soon

Antonella