NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] World Wide Photowalk Kyiv

It was incredible idea – to organize World Wide Photo Walk Meet-Up, Showcase the Beauty of your City to the World! Of course, Kyiv Local Guides joined in this wonderful event! Thank you @AlejandraMaría for this opportunity!

22.jpg

Ferris Wheel KyivFerris Wheel Kyiv

7.jpg

I have planned to walk in Podil. This is the most ancient part of Kyiv. It very beautiful district of Ukrainian capital.

4.jpg

But… The weather was unpredictable. It was -12°C. And it was very very snowing. I couldn’t make photos because I didn’t feel my fingers. But we are Ukrainian – we can everything! We don’t afraid the cold!

Kyiv Lcal Guides (we don't afraid the cold weather)Kyiv Lcal Guides (we don't afraid the cold weather)

Before our walking we came to very tasty and original café - Lviv chocolate factory. It’s amazing place. You can try chocolate sweets made here, drink a hot chocolate and cacao.

Lviv chocolate factoryLviv chocolate factory

Tasty chocolate sweetsTasty chocolate sweets

Homemade chocolate sweetsHomemade chocolate sweets

Wonderful chocolate sweetsWonderful chocolate sweets

5.jpg

It was really interesting meet-up. I met new Kyiv Local Guides. It’s amazing people!

Kyiv Local GuidesKyiv Local Guides

37.jpg

After café we went to walk. Kyiv is the city of many old churches. First of all we went to Pokrova’s church. It was built in 18th century. It’s unique building style – Ukrainian baroque (mix European baroque with Ukrainian architecture traditions).

Pokrova's churchPokrova's church

The main street of ancient Podil is Andriyivskyy Descent. The first buildings were erected here in the 17th century.

Andriyivskyy DescentAndriyivskyy Descent

Andriyivskyy DescentAndriyivskyy Descent

No 13 of Andriyivskyy Descent is the old Bulgakov family home. Mikhail Bulgakov, a famous Kiev-born Russian writer, lived here in the early-20th century. Now it’s museum. Popular writer's statue is installed near.

Statue of  Mikhail BulgakovStatue of Mikhail Bulgakov

The treasure of Podil is St Andrew's Church. The Italian architect Bartolomeo Rastrelly built it in 18th century. It’s typical baroque style.

39.jpg

38.jpg

36.jpg

St Andrew's ChurchSt Andrew's Church

St Andrew's ChurchSt Andrew's Church

After we went to Landscape Alley. It’s creative place. Sculptures were created with colorful mosaics.

huse was built in 1903huse was built in 1903

Landscape AlleyLandscape Alley

Landscape AlleyLandscape Alley

13.jpg

St. Sophia’s Cathedral is the one of the most ancient churches in Ukraine. It was built in 11th century. St. Sophia’s Cathedral is in World Heritage List. 

St. Sophia’s CathedralSt. Sophia’s Cathedral

St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery is near to St. Sophia’s Cathedral. It was built in 18th century but was demolished by the Soviet authorities in the 1930s. St. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery was reconstructed and opened in 1999.

St. Michael's Golden-Domed MonasterySt. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery

St. Michael's Golden-Domed MonasterySt. Michael's Golden-Domed Monastery

And finally we went to the Golden Gate of Kyiv. It was constructed in 11th century. It was one of fortifications of Ukrainian capital. The Golden Gate was dismantled in the Middle Ages and was completely rebuilt by the Soviet authorities in 1982.

The Golden Gate of KyivThe Golden Gate of Kyiv

The Golden Gate of KyivThe Golden Gate of Kyiv

Kyiv is very beautiful city! I want to invite you t visit my city! And I’ll show you the Beauty of Kyiv!  

42.jpg

It's our photos: World Wide Photowalk Kyiv

It's our video: World Wide Videowalk Kyiv

Киев, Kyiv city, Украина
40 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] World Wide Photowalk Kyiv

Level 10

Level 10

Congratulations @NatalkaR on this amazing meet up. I loved every part of you post. I'd love to try those chocolates from the café you visited!

Photos with snow are really beautiful, I specially liked St. Sophia's Cathedral very much, the architecture of it is simply wonderful. I'd love to visit it one day.

Actually I would love to visit Kyiv, you have showcased the beauty of it with everyone here and I want to thank you for such a great recap. The video is really cool as well 🙂

Only you should check the link to the photo album, I tried to enter but it said "URL not found" 😞 I'd love to see more photos!!

See you around and happy guiding! 🙂

Argentina | Follow me on Maps! | IG
Level 7

Wonderful meet-up @NatalkaR. Good to see the ancients churches still looking like newly built. Modern structures usually last longer.

PS: Keep those sweet and tasty chocolates for me anytime I visit Ukraine.

Level 8

Hello @NatalkaR

Congrats on your successful meetup. I'm so amazed after seeing those photos you have shared, especially the Golden gate of 11th century. I really loved it...❤️

Also, the food photos too are incredible.large.jpeg incredible.large.jpeg

What type of dish is this ? @NatalkaR

I love reading recaps and a great thanks for sharing...

Keep in touch...!!

Regards,

JUSTIN ALEX 

South India

Connect Moderator

Hey @NatalkaR congratulations for your successful photo walk. It's amazing meetup. Thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures and recap with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

A M A Z I N G ! Thankyou, @NatalkaR and Kyiv Local Guides for sharing your winter wonderland, beautiful Kyiv, with us. It's so good to see you all joining in together. We love every single photo, especially the Ferris wheel and all the snow covered churches. Thanks again and kind regards from Osaka78 🙂 PS Please tell us Kyiv's secret, how is your food so good? As in, look at this amazing food, we never saw anything like it:

@NatalkaR wrote:

Tasty chocolate sweetsTasty chocolate sweets

Homemade chocolate sweetsHomemade chocolate sweets

Wonderful chocolate sweetsWonderful chocolate sweets

Level 9

Hi @NatalkaR,

What a wonderful Snow meet-up 👏👏👏👏.

The pics are amazings... The jup one is great!!!

It has to be great to be in the Ferris Wheel  and seeing the beauty of Kyiv!!!!

Ukranian Local Guides are very enthusiastic, specialy at -12ºC  😉 😊.

Delicious chocolates :)))

Beautiful buildings with gold colour.

I am very happy you have join us and showcase the beauty of Kyiv with us :))) A fantastic virtual trip we have done!

Good Morning from the South of Spain.

Alejandra.

Level 8

Чудова прогулянка, фото дивовижні, зимовий Київ - чарівний, і відразу захотілося гарячого шоколаду... Дякую @NatalkaR гарна розповідь і зустріч!