SP31's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] World Wide PhotoWalk Miami

Hello to all the wonderful Local Guides out there! I am happy to recall the adventures of @SoniaK and I as we took part in the World Wide Photo Walk on Sunday, February 25! For our adventure, we decided to take a walk through the South Florida neighborhood of Wynwood. Wynwood is an area that is relatively still going through a fair bit of changes and development. I have been frequenting this neighborhood for years now and there is always something new - and that was still the case during our walk!

We got things started by visiting the Wynwood Yard, which is essentially a community hub for events, music, and food. There was a lively vibe as we walked through exploring the scene and the different food options. Sonia opted for a hotdog that looked delicious, and was delicious! 

IMG_20180225_150846.png        IMG_20180225_152335.png         20180225_151329.jpg

From that point on, we began our trek through the main corridor where all the shops, restaurants, and art galleries were located. We saw a ton of street art along the way!

IMG_20180225_153359.jpg            20180225_152828.jpg

We finally made it to the famous Wynwood Walls, where there is a restaurant, a gift shop, but most importantly, some amazing wall art and a featured gallery that had works from Peter Tunney (Excerpts from the Taj Mahal). 

IMG_20180225_153503.pngIMG_20180225_153524.png

IMG_20180225_153900.png             20180225_153625.jpg           IMG_20180225_160357.png

20180225_160901.jpg

There was so much to see here in terms of the types of mediums used by artists to display their work - from neon ribbons to even wood and rocks - the art to take in here and the photo ops were amazing.

20180225_161617.jpg

From that point, we continued down the main road and ended up making a stop at the Wynwood Marketplace. This particular space changes depending on the day and time. On some nights, it is essentially a block party, and on other days it is a marketplace. We enjoyed some delicious coconut shakes here!

20180225_164125.jpg

20180225_165002.png

We continued our walk and were so surprised by the way art was integrated into each and every single thing in Wynwood - from street poles and even to the pay stations for parking. There is an amazing amount of detail you could be missing out on if you aren't looking closely.

IMG_20180225_171941.png       20180225_171611.jpg

IMG_20180225_172610.jpg          20180225_173230.png           20180225_173234.png

After spending a long time exploring the main areas of Wynwood, we figured we had some extra time to check out the Design District, which was nearby. It proved to be a delightful visit as we found a very interesting spot and mall to explore. While here, we decided to indulge in some pretty unique ice cream! 

All in all, our afternoon photo walk was very relaxing, enlightening, and inspiring. We could only imagine how this area will progress in the coming year, especially with the construction going on. 

If you'd love to see more high quality images from our walk, check out our shared album here. Thanks so much for checking out our recap and provide any feedback or thoughts you may have 🙂 

#LetsGuide!

Much thanks to @AlejandraMaria and everyone else for putting this great worldwide event together! @AlejandraMaria, you may view our video introduction here

Miami, FL | My Profile | #LGMiami | #TeamPixel | #ShopSmall
15 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] World Wide PhotoWalk Miami

HI @SP31 and @SoniaK!

You had an incredible adventure on South Florida neighborhood of Wynwood.

Lovely showcase of  Wynwood Yard and it food, street art.

Very interesting  Marketplace that changes depending on the day and time :)))

Amazing pics at the Shared Album.

When I opened the Shared Album with the video, says it´s empty... Check it, I want it 😉

Many many thanks for showcasing with us the Beauty of Miami and make this incredible Recap for us.

Congratulations, happy Local Guides Steve and Sonia!!!

Good Night from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

Great meetup, @SP31 and @SoniaK, it seems you had a lot of fun. I love this place, and I love the arts that is surrounding you.

I can confirm, there is no video 😞

Ermes

Level 9

@SP31 @SoniaK

It is so great to see you both! I see that you guys enjoyed a very cultural walk around the area. I love how colourful everything there is.

And the food! 😄 That really got my attention as well.

Thank you for sharing your experiences with us!

Please post publicly so others can benefit as well. I do not have private messages. Thanks!
Connect Moderator

Thank you so much @AlejandraMaria & @ErmesT - definitely was an amazing time to be had and the art and environment makes it the perfect place to cheer up and enjoy life! 😊

My apologies on the link - I've checked again and it should be restored and work now.

Connect Moderator

@Shirley 😀 we definitely did! There are so many international and local food dishes here, you'd love it! 

Thanks so much for your support!  😊

Level 9

Hi @SP31,

Yes, now the link is working !!!!

@SoniaKand you are fantastic at the video. We can feel your happiness!!!

Many many thanks:))) you have to be in the Recap of Recaps 😉

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain.

ALejandra.

Connect Moderator

@AlejandraMaria thank you! 😊

Level 10

Dear @SP31 and @SoniaK, hope all's well. Great to see you getting together to showcase beautiful Miami. What a place you decided to meet-up, Wynwood looks amazing. Thanks for sharing your stories and awesome photographs. Kindest regards from Osaka78 🙂

Level 10

@SP31 Wow.. the photos are are just amazing.. and the color and saturation is really good. What camera are you using for these?