Sovon's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] World Wide Photo Walk Bongaon

Places We WentPlaces We WentThe cold breeze has gone long, and the sun is raising its rage on us everyday, but that's not at all a problem for us, the Local Guides.. 🙂
After hosting our first 6 meetups in and around the city of Kolkata, this time we chose another very significant city in the state named Bangaon (বনগাঁ). Located at the easternmost part of the state of West Bengal. Bangaon is in the district of North 24 Parganas, it holds the Petrapol Border, Asia's largest land port, guarding the borders between India and Bangladesh.
So as planned, this Sunday on 25th February we started our photo walk from the Bangaon Junction railway station with Ashik Mirza, Resham Das, Suparna Nath, Saptarshi Roy and our fellow Local Guide from Bangladesh - Shahed Sultan.
We visited the New Market area, the second biggest vegetable market in Bongaon before setting off for Kalitala Rail-bridge on the Ichhamati River. Then, we headed off towards the city municipality headquarters and the public library.

Our final stop was the most anticipated India-Bangladesh border, where the Indian BSF and Bangladeshi BGB soldiers host their parades every afternoon while both the countrymen can watch the show sitting in a gallery which stands in the 'No Man's Land'! We also visited the BSF quarter by the edge of which a small yellow river separates the neighbouring countries.

Once again, just like any other Local Guides meetup, this was a wonderful one. Thanks a lot Alejandra Barcena ma'm for this awesome initiative. And I thank everyone who attended this meet up. #LocalGuides #WWphotowalk #ShowcaseyourcityBangaon JunctionBangaon Junction

We Met At The Bangaon JunctionWe Met At The Bangaon Junction

IMG_20180225_134733.jpg

The Loknath TempleThe Loknath Temple

New Market BongaonNew Market Bongaon

Samosas, before getting friedSamosas, before getting fried

As usual. Indian StreetsAs usual. Indian Streets

We Local GuidesWe Local Guides

Clicking photos for mapsClicking photos for maps

Kaalitola TempleKaalitola Temple

We Local Guides at KalitolaWe Local Guides at Kalitola

Shiv TempleShiv Temple

Bongaon MunicipalityBongaon Municipality

Clicking photos for mapsClicking photos for maps

BSF  at the PetrapoleBSF at the Petrapole

IMG_20180225_165114329_BURST000_COVER_TOP-ANIMATION.gif

BSF  at the PetrapoleBSF at the Petrapole

on the 'No man's Land' between India and Bangladesh borderon the 'No man's Land' between India and Bangladesh border

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Bongaon, West Bengal, India
36 comments

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
Solution

Re: [RECAP] World Wide Photo Walk Bongaon

Hi @Sovon,

I like it too much!!!!! A fantastic travel to Bongoan. Happy Local Guides Showcasing it Beauty :))

What I most impressed where the cows in the street... And now I know is normal in India, but I think I would feel scary 😉 I am not used to it.

Many many thanks for this virtual trip.

Congratulations to all of you.

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

View solution in original post

Level 9
Solution

Hi @Sovon,

I like it too much!!!!! A fantastic travel to Bongoan. Happy Local Guides Showcasing it Beauty :))

What I most impressed where the cows in the street... And now I know is normal in India, but I think I would feel scary 😉 I am not used to it.

Many many thanks for this virtual trip.

Congratulations to all of you.

Good Afternoon from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 10

Looking awesome, @Sovon and Kolkata Local Guides. Lovely to see you getting together. The sunlight looks so gentle in Bongaon. Your photo mosaic is a nice way to showcase your city in one image. Thank you for sharing your stories. Kudos to you all and kind regards from Osaka78

Level 8

@AlejandraMaria I'm glad you liked our meet up recap.

And you're right about the cows, sometimes I even get scared of them. But they rarely attack anyone... 🙂

Sovon Biswas • Level 8 • Community Moderator • Love to- Travel, Photography, Mapping • Google Fan
Level 8

Thank you so much @Osaka78forTRUMP . Actually its Spring in here. So the weather is just perfect but a little bit hot...

Level 9

Hi @Sovon!

So I am not the only one scared:))) They are so big.

I more or less have an idea that cows are very important in your culture and now I can have a better one. 

Do you find many when walking on the streets???

The pictures are really amazings, many many thanks for letting us travel to Bongaon though your eyes :)))

Good Night from the South of Spain.

Alejandra.

Level 8

@AlejandraMaria Not everywhere. But sometimes you may notice 1 or 2 cows in the streets. They are friendly most of the time. They just want foods...

Have you ever been in India??

Level 9

Hi @Sovon,

No... I have never being in India... Luckily I can see how beautiful it is through your Recaps :)))

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 9

Thanks @Sovon for share this important Meet-Up here.

Last week I traveled West Bengal and that was my 8th time to go there but it was very first time to join a Google Local Guides Meet-Up . I am very much thankful to @ReshamDas and Ashik Mirza for their support and invitation. Also thanks @SovonSuparna Nath, Saptarshi Roy.

Group Selfie With Fellow of West Bengal Local GuidesGroup Selfie With Fellow of West Bengal Local Guides

Various Local Guides CommunityVarious Local Guides Community

I am at  Bangaon Jn.I am at Bangaon Jn.Shah Md. SultanShah Md. Sultan

As a Local Guide I love to explore new placesAs a Local Guide I love to explore new places

Last but not least, a local newspaper present our Meet-Up and for this I feel very happy and thankful to be a Local Guide.

Sthal Bandar NewspaperSthal Bandar Newspaper

Hello ...!!! @TraciC @ErmesT @KarenVChin @FaridTDF  @LucioV  @PavelSarwar @ShafiulB @SumaiyaZafrin 

What do you think about this Meet-Up...?

Waiting for your response. Thanks everyone.

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website
Level 9

@AlejandraMaria @Osaka78forTRUMP @OSAMA @Kamalhasnainee @OmarBD 

Also Waiting for your response....!

I ❤️ Bangladesh | Meet-Ups | Achievements | Instagram | My Website