BudionoS's post
cancel
Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 
Level 10

RECAP - World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2017

"Best of 2017: Meet-Ups". Thanks Local Guides Team!"Best of 2017: Meet-Ups". Thanks Local Guides Team!

Very proud because this meet-up labeled as "Best of 2017: Meet-Ups" as mentioned at official twitter of Local Guides.

World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up - Soto Ayam Lamongan Cak Har - Surabaya IndonesiaWorld Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up - Soto Ayam Lamongan Cak Har - Surabaya Indonesia

Many thanks to the Local Guides from all over the world who have participated in the first World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up. You guys have shown a great effort to show us the food that must be tried when we visit your city.

Yes, the simple idea of ​​the World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up is to show the world, about local food that should not be missed in a city. And Local Guides are the people who know best about it.

Waroeng Special Sambal by Fahmi AdimaraWaroeng Special Sambal by Fahmi Adimara

Ayam Bakar Taliwang by Cak TataxAyam Bakar Taliwang by Cak Tatax

Lontong Kikil Bu Sugeng by AMughitsLontong Kikil Bu Sugeng by AMughits

The World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up was inspired by the World Wide Meet-Up ever hosted by @HelloSamsonR and @OSAMA. We discussed intensively through Hangouts group, and Osama has continued to encourage me since September, to organize this world wide meet-up. Thank you bro!

Also thank you @Osaka78forTRUMP and @DavidTito for always help in various ways. Make a meet-up maps, make a photo album, mention everyone in this Connect to participate, and discussed everything, especially about how to become a good Local Guides πŸ™‚

I am also very happy because in this World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up many new Local Guides are popping up, start coming to meet up, even brave to be a host. Like in Surabaya, I encourage some new Local Guides to suggest the food we should try, then they host it and write a recap. It also means that events like this can bring up the next generation of Local Guides.

Meet-Up Stats

In my note, there are 33 meet-ups planned to be held simultaneously in 17 countries, between December 16-17, 2017. But due to various obstacles, some meet-ups have to be shifted to another date around that. Some were canceled. No problem.

Some friends, fellow Local Guides, said they were very interested and wanted to host a meet-up in their area, but due to the busy of year-end, holiday season and Christmas preparations, they could not join this time. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year. πŸŽ…πŸŽ…πŸŽ… May love and peace always be on earth and heart.

India became the country with highest number of meet-ups, 7 meet-ups. Following by Indonesia with 6 meet-ups; Australia 3 meet-ups; Nepal, Japan and USA 2 meet-ups in every country, then Malaysia, Italy, Jordan, Nigeria, Ukraine, UK, Brazil, Canada, Spain, Pakistan and South Korea respectively 1 meet-up in every country.

OSAMA Living Legend from Jordan - Mansaf Food Crawl with his daughtersOSAMA Living Legend from Jordan - Mansaf Food Crawl with his daughters

Bandung Local Guides by Septarina HBandung Local Guides by Septarina H

Malaysian Satay Celup by Stephen AbrahamMalaysian Satay Celup by Stephen Abraham

Hyderabad Local Guides by Naren ChandraHyderabad Local Guides by Naren Chandra

Biryani Rice of Taj Hotel Bangalore by SalmaanBiryani Rice of Taj Hotel Bangalore by Salmaan

Kathmandu Local Guides by BishowvijayaKathmandu Local Guides by Bishowvijaya

Hittsumi Soup and Soba by Hiroyuki TakisawaHittsumi Soup and Soba by Hiroyuki Takisawa

Mixed Salad by Lucio VirziMixed Salad by Lucio Virzi

World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up in New York by VBenedictWorld Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up in New York by VBenedict

Ayamonte Local Guides by Alejandra MariaAyamonte Local Guides by Alejandra Maria

World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up at Dallas by SoniaWorld Wide Food Crawl Meet-up at Dallas by Sonia

World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up at Nigeria by Samson RohanWorld Wide Food Crawl Meet-up at Nigeria by Samson Rohan

Special thanks to Local Guides who become host, and all Local Guides who are attended in each meet-up. Your participation in World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up 2017 proves that Local Guides communities from around the world are very active and give support to every initiative to collaborate and contribute to helping fellow users of Google Maps by providing diverse, complete and accurate information to Google Maps, including about food.

Thank you so much @TraciC@BellaWi and Google Local Guides Team, for your support to this World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up. The announcement about the meet-up is featured on the front page of localguidesconnect.com and also featured in some official social media channel of Google Local Guides. It has attracted more participants. Also approving meet-ups very responsively.

Thanks you @iyudhi and Connect Moderators Team who always help us, for example when there is a recap post that is trapped by spam filters, then responsively released it back.

Let's do it again next year!

I really hope we can work together and collaborate again next year, at the World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up 2018 with much better preparation and solid team, so more meet-ups are being held in more cities and more countries, to help more fellow user of Google Maps from all over the world.

Once again, thanks for all of you!

Best regards

Budiono

The Recaps

Each meet-up has its own story. And all has been neatly written by the host and the team. Here are some recap links that have been reported. If you have not written a recap, write it immediately, and mention me, I'll add it later to this list.

1. Indonesia - Surabaya - Soto Lamongan Cak Har by Budiono
  2. Indonesia - Surabaya - Warung Mbah Cokro by Hamid Arif
  3. Indonesia - Surabaya - Lontong Kikil Bu Sugeng by Abdul Mughits
  4. Indonesia - Surabaya - Ayam Bakar Taliwang by Cak Tatax
  5. Indonesia - Bandung - Sate Maranggi by Agoes Santosa & Septarina H
  6. Indonesia - Jogjakarta - Warung Special Sambal by Fahmi Adimara
  7. Malaysia - Kuala Lumpur - Lorong Tuanku Abdul Rahman by Stephen Abraham
  8. Italy - Rome - Romeow Cat Bristrot by Lucio Virzi
  9. Japan - Iwate - Hittsumi Tei by Hiroyuki Takisawa
  10. Japan - Iwate - Oninote by Hiroyuki Takisawa
  11. Ukraine - Kyiv - PETRUS-b by Natalka R
  12. Spain - Ayamonte - AlimentaciΓ³n Orta by Alejandra Maria
  13. Australia - Perth - Outback Jack by David Tito
  14. USA - New York - Korean Way by VBenedict and Mia Maria
  15. India - Hyderabad - Grand Hotel Biriyani by Narend Chandra
  16. India - Bangalore - The Taj Hotel Non Vegetarian Restaurant by Salmaan N
  17. Nepal - Kathmandu - Bara by Bishowvijaya P
  18. Nigeria - Ibile Foods Restaurant & Lounge by Samson Rohan
  19. Dallas - Shawarma Press by Muhannad Kalbouneh
  20. Brazil - Dona Luchinha by SarahKa
  21. ...
  22. .......who's next? please mention me once your recap is done
137 comments
Level 10

Re: RECAP - World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2017

Hai @OSAMA how are you? Hope you get well soon my bro!

Hi @RohithaF @AlejandraMaria @deepakjhic @aashishvanand @AgoesSantosa @VBenedict @Bilal_shaikh @CakTatax @amughits how are you today all of my friend? Hope you all in health and happy condition.

I want to thank you for your participation to World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2017. I hope we can collaborate again next year to make a better meet-ups with the same theme: World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2018

Best Regards

Budiono

Level 10

Hello @BishowvijayaP @Rasi @Sariga @NarenChandra @StephenAbraham @LucioV @HiroyukiTakisawa @NatalkaR @edinburgh-digital @SarahKa how are you today all of my friends, fellow Local Guides from various country?

Thank you so much for your participation to Word Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2017. I really hope we can work together and collaborate again next year. 

Best Regards

Budiono

Level 10

Hai all of my friend from around the world, @MuhannadK @Attokkaran @bijusreekumar @Antonio_lee @Jitendrasha how's your meet-up? Hope it all success and we can collaborate again next year in World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2018.

Thank you so much

Budiono

Level 10

@BudionoS It was indeed a great moment, thanks to Worldwide Food Crawl, I discovered the best place to eat Local & Indigenous Cuisines in my community.

Level 10

Hi @BudionoS

What a great combination of recap around the world. It's called a world wide food Crowl recap. 

All the happy faces and delicious food from every corner of the world. 

I like this and sure you like Malaysian satay too....

Thanks for sharing 

Have a good day 

Level 10

Its our pleasure to work with you @BudionoS

Personally I am absolutely fit and fine. And also ready to work together in upcoming year too. Since the new year is in door now so

πŸŽŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽ‘πŸŽ€πŸŽ HAPPY NEW YEAR 2018 πŸŽŽπŸŽπŸŽπŸŽ‘πŸŽ€πŸŽ

to you in advance. 

Connect Moderator

Wonderful recap of world wide Food crawl bro @BudionoS. You all guys making excellent effort over the world. Many congratulations all of you. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 8

@BudionoS

I am good and healthful, thank you too.

Hope we can do it in 2018.

Thank to all. 

See you all at WWFC 2018

@BudionoS wrote:

Hai @OSAMA how are you? Hope you get well soon my bro!

Hi @RohithaF @AlejandraMaria @deepakjhic @aashishvanand @AgoesSantosa @VBenedict @Bilal_shaikh @CakTatax @amughits how are you today all of my friend? Hope you all in health and happy condition.

I want to thank you for your participation to World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2017. I hope we can collaborate again next year to make a better meet-ups with the same theme: World Wide Food Crawl Meet-Up 2018

Best Regards

Budiono

Level 8

Glad to being part of this world event, Thanks to @BudionoS and all over the world for this world meet-up,
and for everyone who celebrate Christmas.
We wish you Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2018

Foodie Lover, I`m The man behind the pan, love cooking and love to eat. MakanMasak