cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP: WWMap Edit V2: Lagos

Group shot... Taking by Mr. HarryGroup shot... Taking by Mr. Harry

Preamble:
It was Sunday afternoon at about 1300 hours (GMT +1) when Lagos local guides started to gather for this great meet up.
The meeting point was Falomo Roundabout Ikoyi, Lagos Nigeria.
The aim is to have a map edit walk.
Area of coverage is AWOLOWO Road Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria (about 1.8 km)
Why AWOLOWO Road? It is one of the business hub of IKOYI.

Attendance:

@Sagir

@Harry

@Nnamdi_Do

@MrLabule

@AustinCO

@EmekaUlor

@SanyaOdare

NOTE: About 21 persons had shown interest but only 7 turn up.. (1/3)

It was first meet up for Mr Harry and Mr Nnamdi_Do

Summary of the Activities:

It was sunny after after and the weather is clear and very friendly.

We started the walk from Falomo Roundabout by checking and confirming the missing information on the businesses around.

Most of the businesses are well mapped and had all the details that is need. As such anyone that is well mapped then we take picture and write review of the place.

For the area covered it is only one (1) place that we found not on the map and we quickly at it.

Also what we were checking is Wheelchair Accessibility and to our amusement many of the places are wheelchair accessible.

After about 1 hour 45 minutes we wanted to round up and go; but Mr. Sanya called our attention that there is Garden/park close to where we started that is worth exploring.

So we agree to go and have a look; behold we nearly missed.

Beautiful sculpture of PeacockBeautiful sculpture of Peacock

As soon as we arrived before you know it everyone started getting busy by clicking shots here and there..

And we use the canopy of the flyover bridge and the serenity of the environment to chill out and relax after the long walk..

We then had group picture and then we appreciate each other for coming to the meet up. We spent about 4 hours 30 minutes instead of the 3 hours that was planned..

We finally departed to our various destination..

check out the Photo Album HERE

Thanks to @HelloSamsonR for organising this Worldwide Event..

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

32 comments
Level 9

Re: RECAP: WWMap Edit V2: Lagos

Wao @Sagir

Nice recap bro. @SanyaOdare you're looking cool. 

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Connect Moderator

@deepakjhic wrote:

Wao @Sagir

Nice recap bro. @SanyaOdare you're looking cool. 

Thanks Bro @deepakjhic

Level 8

Hello @Sagir, @HelloSamsonR

Congs the another successful meet up I feel my world is being represented 

kaliroalex
Level 8

@Sagir 7 is still a good turn out I seem to get deferent people around the world who I've never heard of attending my  meetups I don't know why I sore your photo's 

in the @HelloSamsonR album they look great, I only had one person turn up to my event and that was me, I will post my [Recap] soon as I have finished my video

Connect Moderator

@KaliroAlex wrote:

Hello @Sagir, @HelloSamsonR

Congs the another successful meet up I feel my world is being represented 

Thanks @KaliroAlex no doubt you are well represented..

Kind regards

Sagir

Level 10

Awesome recap @Sagir thanks for sharing with us. No doubt you all had an amazing timeout. Am glad the meet-up was a success and first time Ikoyi was explored for the first time as a meet-up location. Thanks for making an impact in our community and uncovering missing information to help millions make informed decisions. You all are champions.

Level 10

@DavidTito the pictures were definitely splendid. Lagos is beautiful

Connect Moderator

@DavidTito wrote:

@Sagir 7 is still a good turn out I seem to get deferent people around the world who I've never heard of attending my  meetups I don't know why I sore your photo's 

in the @HelloSamsonR album they look great, I only had one person turn up to my event and that was me, I will post my [Recap] soon as I have finished my video

Thanks @DavidTito

You are right 7 is good number. It's always disheartening to expect more people turnout and you see less than expected.. some people will put RSVP to an event that is not even in their country and they know they will not attend.

I had similar of your experience last year where I host about 4 meet ups but no body show and I host them like you do... "One man squad" 😃

Kind regards...

@ValeriaA_ @Julien44 @Anonymous

Level 10

@deepakjhic thanks a lot for your compliments!