SajolKDas's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Volunteer Day at Bangladesh

This world gives us lots of things. For our life, for our growth, for our future. People are leading their life independently with full of facilities.

But still, in this developed world there is lot's of life needs our help to ensure their basic needs.

This time we Bangladesh Local Guides observed our Volunteer Day at Airport Railway Station. With some innocent faces who need little bit more from us.

Photo:1Photo:1

These children who are between around 6 to 15 years old, all are leaving at the station or beside the station(They don't have the permanent shelter now). We walked to them and gathered them for a certain time(this was very challenging to bring them together).  Thanks to Aziz Ullah vai for convincing them. He was working with Biddananda, which is an innovative platform working with underprivileged children(will write about it later in details).

On the Volunteer Day: At first, we sing our National Anthem altogether see from the first photo.  Then we started the teaching session, In this part, we teach them the basic Alphabets of Bangla and English.

Photo:2, Aziz was teachingPhoto:2, Aziz was teachingPhoto:3, Kids were also taking part spontaneously.Photo:3, Kids were also taking part spontaneously.

Photo:4, Kids were also taking part spontaneously.Photo:4, Kids were also taking part spontaneously.

After combining study we stepped into group study.  We had four groups and each contained 10 kids. They learned how to write those Alphabets with a pen and pencil. Some of them were knowledge about writing and some are totally new in writing. In one group I was helping Nahid(a 5 years old boy) to learn writing.

Photo: 5, Group study,Photo: 5, Group study,

Photo: 6, Group study,Photo: 6, Group study,

Photo: 7, Nahid was learning to write.Photo: 7, Nahid was learning to write.

After finishing reading and writing they had lunch with Rice and Egg curry.  Actually, Lunch was provided by Bidananda for 1 Taka(0.01$). Because of this, they don't fill that they got this food for free rather they bought it. It fills more comfortable for them.

Photo:8, Lunch TimePhoto:8, Lunch Time

Photo:9, Lunch TimePhoto:9, Lunch Time

Well, After lunch we gave them sweets and chocolate. They loved sweets and chocolates.

Photo: 10, Kids having sweets,Photo: 10, Kids having sweets,

Photo: 11, Kids having chocolates.Photo: 11, Kids having chocolates.

Later we closed our Volunteer Day, But we are having more plans with them. We realized that we can change the future of this kids in a proper way, that needs a long-term step and huge support. But we all together can make this world a better place for everyone.

Hope in future.

Full photo album HERE.

Special thanks to @anazizullah vai, @EasinRaseL vai.

@MahabubMunna@SoniaK@AnuradhaP,@IlankovanT@KarenVChin you can tell something about it.

I would love to tag @HelloJess@BellaWi@TraciC that, what you think about it.

Thanks in advance.

Sajol Kumar Das

Bangladesh

Dhaka, Dhaka Division, Bangladesh
21 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Volunteer Day at Bangladesh

@SajolKDas  great job man . thanks a lot for  successfully complete this . not only active in online also active in real life too 

Mahabub Hasan
Level 2

Rif.: [RECAP] Volunteer Day at Bangladesh

great job man . thanks

Connect Moderator

Great meetup @SajolKDas

There is also the nice version by @EasinRaseL/Let-s-Meet-Up/Local-Guide-Volunteer-day-with-Under-Privileged-Children/

I am moving your post to the Let's meetup board

Congratulations to you and to all the community. The love that you have for your country will be transformed in love to all of you. 

Ermes

Connect Moderator

Amazing story @SajolKDas! Thanks for hosting this and writing a lovely recap here for the global Local Guides community to appreciate and admire.  You and your community are inspiring.  Glad to read this is not just a one-day event, but you are planning more events here in 2018!  Can't wait to read and see more wonderful things coming from your community!

@ErmesT @FaridTDF, you will love SajolKDas's post! It will start your week with a big smile like it did for me.

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

Of course I love it @KarenVChin

I love it twice because, if you look at my previous reply, there is also a link to a second recap about the same subject. @SajolKDas and all the group, they did a wonderful job

Ermes 

Connect Moderator

Estimado @SajolKDas, leer tu historia me hizo muy feliz, estas son las cosas por las cuales ser un Local Guides tiene sentido. El espíritu altruista de ustedes es muy grande, etas son las pequeñas cosas, que podemos hacer sin esperar nada, sino por el solo hecho de hacerlo, por el prójimo menos favorecido. Gracias por compartir su historia, “los Reyes magos llegan para todo el mundo 🌍” 

saludos Farid.

Level 9

Amazing work @SajolKDas. really I love doing these type of works. thanks for hosting and sharing this RECAP with us 🙂

Level 8

Rif.: [RECAP] Volunteer Day at Bangladesh

Level 8

@ErmesT Thanks for your compliment. It means a lot.

It is completely fine that you moved my post to "Let's Meet up" board.

I also have seen the post from @EasinRaseL. We ware both together.  We have some more planning here. Let's see what happen in future.