NatalkaR's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Ukranian World Wide Food Crawl

Hi, everyone!!!!!!!!!!!

It was incredible idea – to organize World Wide Food Crawl! Ukraine (Kyiv) joined in this wonderful event!

Kyiv Local GuidesKyiv Local Guides

December 17, 7 p.m. Kyiv local guides meet in amazing restaurant of Ukrainian kitchen in the heart of Kyiv – Petrus’ь.

Restaurant Petrus'ь is always open for Local GuidesRestaurant Petrus'ь is always open for Local GuidesRestaurant Petrus'ь is always open for Local GuidesRestaurant Petrus'ь is always open for Local Guides

It’s really nice place because  here you can try all Ukrainian dishes and it’s really tasty here. Just believe me!

44.jpg39.jpg43.jpg15.jpg14.jpg13.jpg16.jpg11.jpg9.jpg8.jpg

10.jpg

We have some typical Ukrainian dishes. You can try it in different region of my country – it will be similar but different in the same time. We order many delicious dishes.

Special drink - hrenovuha - and sandwich with lardSpecial drink - hrenovuha - and sandwich with lard

Kyiv Local Guides try special drink - hrenovuhaKyiv Local Guides try special drink - hrenovuhaKyiv Local Guides try special drink - hrenovuhaKyiv Local Guides try special drink - hrenovuhaKyiv Local Guides try special drink - hrenovuhaKyiv Local Guides try special drink - hrenovuha

First of all, I want to tell about Vareniky. It’s typical Ukrainian food. It’s similar to ravioli, but bigger. It has a different form – like on photo. And it can be with different filling – meat, cottage cheese, cabbage, potato, mushrooms, cherry, blueberries, raspberries etc.  

VarenykyVarenykyVarenyky with sour creamVarenyky with sour cream

Zrazy is one more typical Ukrainian dish. Specialty of it is potato’s dough. Zrazy is meat patty. It’s very delicious.

ZrazyZrazy

Deruny. I like it so much. It’s potato’s pancakes. It’s so tasty specially with sour cream.  

DerunyDerunyDerunyDeruny

The main Ukrainian dish is… lard. It exists many type of lard. People eat it with some alcohol for example gorilka (vodka).  

LardLardLardLard

Typical Ukrainian food is kovbasa. It’s various kinds of smoked or boiled pork, beef or chicken sausage.

KovbasaKovbasa

It was really amazing meet-up!!!!!

38.jpg

37.jpg

@YaraLi@YaraLi

HannaHanna

@DmytroO@DmytroOSergiiSergii

Video is here: Ukranian World Wide Food Crawl

Photos are here: Ukranian World Wide Food Crawl

Thanks all @BudionoS  @Osaka78 @OSAMA @DmytroO @YerlanB @YaraLi @AndriyDegula

Kyiv city, Ukraine
36 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Ukranian World Wide Food Crawl

Wow @NatalkaR, so beautiful Meetup

The food in your photos looks delicious, and your faces tell us the same feeling

I also love the restaurant, so beautiful and familiar. A place where to feel like at home.

Thanks for sharing. CONGRATULATIONS to all Kyiv Local Guides

I wish you all the best

Happy new year

Ermes

Level 10

Kyiv food looks amazing, @NatalkaR, especially Vareniky. Thanks for sharing your lovely stories. Merry Christmas and kind regards from Osaka78

Level 10

Wonderful report and fantastic meet-up!!! 

Level 10

wohohowwww amazing @NatalkaR you are all looks so happy enjoying meet-up together and eat delicious yummy food. and really amazing that 2 of you are level 10 Local Guides!

Good video recap as well. Thanks so much for hosting one meet-up in related to World Wide Food Crawl Meet-up. I hope we can make it again in 2018 together with you and fellow Local Guides from all around the world

Best regards

Budiono

Level 9

AMAAAAZING Perfect delicious Meetup @NatalkaR I like everything the dishes the video and how you guys looks very Happy and motivated woooow 

Congratulations 🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏅🏅🏅🏅🏅

Hope next time to join you guys :-))))))

Level 9

Connect Moderator

WOW! @NatalkaR, that's a wonderful meetup! And the food looks super delicious! I want second with @ErmesT, the restaurant itself looks very nice, cozy and nicely decorated. I have never been to Ukraine, but looking at the photos, the restaurant looks like a typical reflection of the country. And the food, aah.....my mouth just watered looking at those amazing dishes! Lard looks like raw meat to me, is it? And I liked that ravioli kind of thing. Can you order one for me please with beef in it (no pork/ ham) and yes, the cream on top would be nice (was that cream or something else?). Oh no, I am super hungry now. And my mouth is watering again while I am writing this. Thanks a lot for sharing, Nataliya. 

@OSAMA, bro, thank you so much for tagging me here. Or else I would have missed such delicious food. 🙂

Level 9

Hi @NatalkaR!

A very nice recap, full of pics and a great video to show us how all of you enjoy this WW Food Crawl meet-up.

Once you start is difficult to stop ;)))

Congrats to Ukrainian LG´s.

Level 10

Nice recap, full of photos and great dishes @NatalkaR! The amazing thing is that three years ago i made a similar christmas tree!!!! 🙂

Thanks!