EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP: The "36" Walk Imo 2018

The second Imo "36" Walk was successful and awesome.  Imo State is located in the south eastern Nigeria. Imo is popularly know as the Eastern Heartland! My trip to Owerri was over 500km drive and took us about 7hours!

Trip to Owerri, Imo StateTrip to Owerri, Imo State

Local Guides converged at 130 Wetheral Road, Owerri; to our surprise there's large scale excavation works in the city. We had to change our route and headed straight to New Owerri. The traffic jam afforded us opportunity to take photographs from the car. At a point, we all had to get down to take more photos as we saw interesting landmarks i.e the Stallion.

Stallion Opposite Emmanuel CollegeStallion Opposite Emmanuel CollegeNew Owerri was green,serene, resplendent and sprightly. The tingly sun brightened the view and quality of photos too. Our walk took us to the IHop Recereation Centre, Children's Park, Heroes Square, Concorde Hotel, Mimi's Place and a drive through the Concorde Boulevard.Concorde Blvd, New OwerriConcorde Blvd, New Owerri

Some of the public places we walked had accessibility trails too and I didn't fail to appreciate them for these features. Concorde Hotel Access TrailConcorde Hotel Access Trail

Mimi's Place Access TrailMimi's Place Access Trail

Imo State is widely known for its statues! Going to have a view of some of the sculptures was one of our major goals. Hopefully, we'll share more pictures and details about these artworks with the rest of Nigerians who haven't seen them. So, here's an exclusive photos for #Local Guides.

The Imo StatuesThe Imo Statues

We had @Triplo who made his car available for this mee-tup. +Austine Ulor got inducted in to the Imo Local Guides Community.

There some many places to map and lots of activities to catch up with in Owerri,Imo State. We are looking forward to having more local guides organize and attend meet-ups in the future. Meanwhile, see all our photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/mO9dnCSQBM4HasDh2 and recap video https://youtu.be/scw-82gEU3A

Traveling for a meet-up has become some sort of routine for me and I am loving it. #LetsGuide

With love from Imo,Nigeria!

xoxo

'Emeka

@Osaka78forTRUMP@PaulPavlinovich@Calpe@ErmesT @KarenVChin @OSAMA @WaweruM

Owerri, Imo, Nigeria
17 comments
Level 10

Re: RECAP: The Imo "36" Walk 2018

@EmekaUlor Amazing! Thank you for sharing. 

Level 7

Beautiful recap, and thanks for sharing those statue with us. I hope to visits IMO anytime I'm in the Eastern region just to see those statues 😀

Well done @EmekaUlor

Connect Moderator

@Charleybaitsyou are very funny. lol

Thanks for the commendation. I hope to see photos from your trips.

Have a great time when you visit the east.

cheers,

Emeka

Level 7

Amazing.......

I love long distance drive things ooo

Kudos to Imo Local Guide!

Level 3

Great !!! 

@EmekaUlor wrote:

The second Imo "36" Walk was successful and awesome.  Imo State is located in the south eastern Nigeria. Imo is popularly know as the Eastern Heartland! My trip to Owerri was over 500km drive and took us about 7hours!

Trip to Owerri, Imo StateTrip to Owerri, Imo State

Local Guides converged at 130 Wetheral Road, Owerri; to our surprise there's large scale excavation works in the city. We had to change our route and headed straight to New Owerri. The traffic jam afforded us opportunity to take photographs from the car. At a point, we all had to get down to take more photos as we saw interesting landmarks i.e the Stallion.

Stallion Opposite Emmanuel CollegeStallion Opposite Emmanuel CollegeNew Owerri was green,serene, resplendent and sprightly. The tingly sun brightened the view and quality of photos too. Our walk took us to the IHop Recereation Centre, Children's Park, Heroes Square, Concorde Hotel, Mimi's Place and a drive through the Concorde Boulevard.Concorde Blvd, New OwerriConcorde Blvd, New Owerri

Some of the public places had accessibility trails too and I didn't fail to appreciate them for these features. Concorde Hotel Access TrailConcorde Hotel Access Trail

Mimi's Place Access TrailMimi's Place Access Trail

Imo State is widely known for its statues! Going to have a view of some of the sculptures was one of our major goals. Hopefully, we'll share more pictures and details about these artworks with the rest of Nigerians who haven't seen them. So, here's an exclusive photos for #Local Guides.

The Imo StatuesThe Imo Statues

We had @Triplo who made his car available for this mee-tup. +Austine Ulor got inducted in to the Imo Local Guides Community.

There some many places to map and lots of activities to catch up with in Owerri,Imo State. We are looking forward to having more local guides organize and attend meet-ups in the future. Meanwhile, see all our photos here and recap video

Traveling for a meet-up has become some sort of routine for me and I am loving it. #LetsGuide

With love from Imo,Nigeria!

xoxo

'Emeka

@Osaka78forTRUMP@PaulPavlinovich@Calpe@ErmesT @KarenVChin @OSAMA @WaweruM

Level 7

Well done folks! This is amazing! Wish I was there 😀😀😀

Connect Moderator

Great recap @EmekaUlor! Seems like you all had a productive Walk, covered a lot of territory in 7 hours. 

I don’t know if you now this - you can upload your group’s video to YouTube.  Get the unique link and if you work from a computer you can then choose the Video button to then upload that link.  Then we can see your video without taking the extra step to click the link and join your Google Photo album.

Plus, if you add tags to it on YouTube “Imo” “Nigeria” “Owerri” “Local Guides,” etc. this can help get you views on your YT video on your now YT channel (need to set up & create your free YT Channel to upload your video).

Hope to see more Local Guides Meetups in your future!

You also can create a List on Google Maps of all the places you walked by and / or stopped it with your Local Guides reviews and share it on your post too. So if anyone wants to visit the same places your meetup did, they have access to your reviews on a List link

https://support.google.com/maps/answer/7280933?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en

Cheers,

Karen 

Connect Moderator

@TitiDokuboI wish you made it. Hopefully you should join in other meet-ups or organize one so we can explore the city.

Are you based in Owerri?

Cheers

Emeka

Connect Moderator

Dear @KarenVChin thank you for the useful tips. I have uploaded the video to Youtube and replaced the link. I really appreciate.

We look forward to more meet-ups in the future.

Regards,

Emeka