BudionoS's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Surabaya Kuliner Local Guides Meet-Up July 2017

This is a recap for our meet-up in Surabaya, East Java, Indonesia, to support World Map Edit initiated by @HelloSamsonR from Nigeria. 

I have tried to announce this meet-up schedule, the response I got was pretty good, but on the date that I have planned, there are some events that may be more interesting in Surabaya, so the prospective attendees choose to come to another events. Then I decided to shift the meet up date to July 23 and change theme of meet up from walk map edit to food crawl.

I held this meet up with fellow members of the Surabaya Kuliner in 2 different locations. First meet up point is in Chicking, Royal Plaza, Surabaya. Start from 12PM to 2.30PM. Then we move to second meet up point, in Pujasera Lambe Toerah, on Jalan Kendangsari 72. Start from 3PM to 5.30PM. Both Chiking and Lambe Toerah are new restaurant and food court in Surabaya.

DSC_0084.JPG

Introduce Local Guides to Yuka and TataxIntroduce Local Guides to Yuka and Tatax

Chiking Rice with Flaming ChickenChiking Rice with Flaming Chicken

Attendees at ChickingAttendees at Chicking

Introduce Local Guides to DamaiIntroduce Local Guides to Damai

I and Yuka in front of Lambe ToerahI and Yuka in front of Lambe Toerah

Taking pictures of foodsTaking pictures of foods

Wedang Ronde and Nasi KrawuWedang Ronde and Nasi Krawu

Lodho ChickenLodho Chicken

Because all of attendees are member of Surabaya Kuliner, a group of food lovers in Surabaya, then we named our Local Guides group to "Surabaya Kuliner Local Guides". We have more than 80 thousand members, who are all food lovers. We share info about new restaurants, about new foods, and I'll apply new rules that every restaurant review should be included a link to its location on Google Maps, to make it easier for other members to find their location when they visit.

Almost all other attendees still do not know what Local Guides is. So on that meet up I try introduced and invited them to join Local Guides. Glad, some attendees directly involved by giving reviews on the locations we visited and some locations around it.

I also talked to 2 business owners, about the importance of verifying their place on Google Maps, to prevent other people from misusing their business location for unfair business competition. Another benefit of verifying their business on Google Maps, is to be able to respond comments given by visitors. That might increase the loyal customer count.

Google Photos for this meet up -> https://photos.app.goo.gl/N8zeqRHOZfVNOuWq1

Surabaya City, East Java, Indonesia
12 comments
Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Surabaya Kuliner Local Guides Meet-Up July 2017

Excellent meet-up @BudionoS😊😊. Your meet-up is so colourful and lovely. You are great man. Thanks for supporting the Worldwidemapeditwalk. Now am almost salivating for these lovely dishes as well 😊😊😂

Level 10

thank you @HelloSamsonR 

this meet up inspired by you 🙂

Level 9

@BudionoS Congratulations 🏆

This is a wonderful Meetup bro and very nice Recap story 😊😊😊👍👍

Level 10

Thank you @OSAMA yours is better I think 😛

Level 10

Thank you @Nuzulul who also attended this meet up

Level 9

Great recap @BudionoS!!!

A lot of food with happy people.

I like the photo with many of you taking pictures of foods.

Congratulations 🙂

Level 10

thank you @AlejandraMaria for reading this recap and appreciate it. my video still in editing process so not yet attached to this post. but your video is the best I think, well presented 🙂

Level 9

No no  your Meetup is more better @BudionoS  🍛🍜🥗🍲🥘🍜🍲🍝🍲🥘🍤

And more delicious 😁😊😁😊

@BudionoS wrote:

Thank you @OSAMA yours is better I think 😛

Level 9

That's right @BudionoS , the best video  is @AlejandraMaria video , 

Waiting your video , the editing take time more than the Meetup 😁😊😁😊

@BudionoS wrote:

thank you @AlejandraMaria for reading this recap and appreciate it. my video still in editing process so not yet attached to this post. but your video is the best I think, well presented 🙂