IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] Sri Lanka -The "36" Photo Walk

This time, there were two new participants who wanted to join me from home. They were none other than my wife and baby girl. So I took them to the 36 photo walk too. 

With my angel :)With my angel 🙂

There were only two new faces when I was about to start. Later on @Mansoor07 joined us. Ahamed has been actively participating in our meet up's during last few months. This time, the new faces I met, had an interesting story to tell. As always, after introducing each other (@1987_Anbu & @nazeem), I asked them about how they got to know about Local Guides. Both of them had the same surprising response.

Ilankovan, Anbu, Ahamad & NazeemIlankovan, Anbu, Ahamad & Nazeem

It was that special email they received regarding Connectlive2018 have made them search about local guides and communities. Anbu lives somewhere very closer to where our meet-up held, but Rizan has come from Eravur which is quite far away from where we were gathered. They asked further about that special email and I explained. Anbhu had a lot of questions and he was asking more about 36 photo walk and asked is it about reviewing 36 places?. I started explaining 36 walk concept and @PaulPavlinovich's previous meet-ups and how this will improve the quality of photo to Google maps and etc.

Batticaloa GateBatticaloa Gate

Then we started shooting photos and visiting some business places having informal chats with business owners gathering more information. While talking to an owner of a local business, he told that he has more than 5000 points and he is also a local guide. We were all excited and started explaining him about our activities around Batticaloa.

New Local Guides from BatticaloaNew Local Guides from Batticaloa

He said he’ll be joining us at the next meet up for sure. We clicked an amazing collection of photos while my baby was playing at Gandhi Park with her mama. After the meet-up I gave them some tips on hosting successful meet-ups and I told I’ll also join them if they hosted any. After wrapping up the meet up we shared the photos taken at the walk to our common album. Thanks,

@PaulPavlinovich for initiating such an interesting concept to improve the quality of photos on Google maps.

Meet-up album

Sri Lanka
14 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Sri Lanka -The "36" Photo Walk

wao @IlankovanT nice post.

thank you for sharing amazing photos with us.

Google Maps and Chrome Product Expert.

Always use @ before name to tag anyone on the Connect.
Level 10

Level 8

Wow Cute Kimmy @IlankovanT , Day By Day Members Are Increasing in  Batticalo Local Guides 

Level 9

Thank you @deepakjhic@Venance & @ThanulakshanS 🙂

Connect Moderator

Nice recap @IlankovanT and thanks for sharing this beautiful pictures. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thank you @NareshDarji.

Level 10

Hi @IlankovanT,

Thanks for making me discover Batticaloa. I have enjoyed it. I loved the selfie in the car and your daughter is lovely.

Did you see some of the trees that you have planted? Are they fine? I have seen that both times you went to Laddy Manning street.

Could you please give me again the map of the 50 trees?

Thanks and see you around

Jul

Level 9

Thank you very much @Julien44,

all the trees are good. we will update the progress photos soon to the web. please check this link www.letsmapgreen.com

www.letsmapgreen.comwww.letsmapgreen.com

Level 10

Hi @IlankovanT

We are interested by bringing our contribution in the project let's maps green and one of our members @YKOÏTA is in touch with you for this topic .

Please can you share with us the process to do a Meetup in this way ?

Thanks we keep in touch #team225