IlankovanT's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] - Sri Lanka Rainforest Nature Trail

This was another exciting journey towards wild. We started the journey around 4.30 from home and reached the Kanneliya forest by 6.30 with our leech socks on (based on the lessons learned from our previous journeys). As the sky was clear at the beginning, it was a good day to start with.

Sri Lanka Local Guides at Kanneliya forestSri Lanka Local Guides at Kanneliya forest

However, the number of people visiting this forest was low due to the lack of infrastructure facilities inside the forest. Therefore it was totally worth sharing photos and video as I have done to Sinharaja a few months back. There were four of us this time including Razlan,@ThanulakshanS@DilibAjanthM and me (Ilankovan). An authorized guide joined us from the entrance, and we customized the journey based on the time with him. The guide started sharing many exciting experiences he had at the beginning itself. It was remarkable to travel with him.
In this era of automation, everyone is turning towards nature and environment and started caring the nature and its sustainability. Therefore, I thought sharing these photos and videos was totally worth it. We walked around 9 kilometers in the forest. The chirps and tweets of the birds were welcoming to begin the journey with. Also, I captured almost every creature we met on our way. There were two amazing waterfalls. I’m not sure how many of us living in the capital city of Sri Lanka know that there is a nice water fall in just a three hours’ drive from Colombo.
However, our team had a lot of fun. As I’m a lover of aquatic species, I loved the fishes and shrimps in the lake. Especially those fresh water shrimps native to Sri Lanka amazed me with their claws. I could capture one of them who wanted to play with my camera with his claws.

Kanneliya forest entranceKanneliya forest entrance

Kanneliya forestKanneliya forest

Inside the Kanneliya forestInside the Kanneliya forestRazlan & ThanulakshanRazlan & ThanulakshanKanneliya forest waterfallKanneliya forest waterfall
Also, there was a cave which gave us the feeling of watching an old English movie. I had only one long end from the entrance. With the support of the guide, we walked along holding the lights of our phones. There were some small springs running inside. Several bats were hanging on top of the cave which was quite scary. I just imagined the life of our ancestors living in the caves while walking through. While half way gone, I heard my Walkie talkie calling from one of our team members “Ilankovan please come join us, you have a guest!” When I went there, there was a local guide (Dinesh) whom I meet at my first Kandy meet up.

Even though he was not aware of this meet-up and we accidentally met, he was excited to see us. It was surprising. Of course, we indulged ourselves with a lot of photos and selfies. Hope to have another meet up very soon at this place with some other useful activities.

More Photos

Kanneliya Forest, Peak Road, Sri Lanka
13 comments
Level 7

Re: [RECAP] - Sri Lanka Rainforest Nature Trail

Amazing

Level 8

This was my first Rainforest visit @IlankovanT , Thats Really a Good experience ❤️ , Thanks for the Awesome meet-up 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

Connect Moderator

Wowww it's amazing Nature trail @IlankovanT very beautiful pictures. 

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 9

Thank you @ChathuraL@NareshDarji

I'm planning for the Sinharaja Rainforest meet-up next month @ThanulakshanS 🙂

Level 7

@IlankovanT it will be amazing..i am so sad as i could join u

Level 9

@ChathuraL don't worry you can join next month nature trail / mapping Meetup in Sinharaja Rainforest

Level 8

Level 8

This Meetup looks fantastic, @IlankovanT.. I am sure you all had such a thrilling moments there.. 😊😊

Vellore Local Guides
Level 9

Thank you @SalmaanN 🙂