MADY's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Raigad Photowalk

It’s another day and another meetup; I hosted a photowalk on Raigad. This photowalk is special, because all local guides don’t know each other. We all met at Datta Snacks, Panvel, We had total 4 bikes with 6 participants, 5 more people come by car. Total 11 Local Guides participated in this photowalk. We took a rout from Panvel – Khopoli – Pali – Wakan – Mangaon – Raigad.

We reached on Raigad Fort at 2.00 pm. Our lunch was ready at Nilima Tai’s home. They gave us a option to stay at her place for night. Her house is behind Bajarpeth. She have small stall on steps of Raigad. She can arrange food and stay for people on fort. I gave information about Local Guide program to her. And share her location and contact details on map.

People who came by car reached little late on fort after lunch at 5.00 pm we started exploring fort. At 7.30 pm. We windup. It was great experience to stay in local house.

Our main aim to stay on fort is just to try night and astro photography on top. After dinner we went for sleep. We decided to sleep outside of home in open air and open sky. At 1.00 am we went for night photography. As we locate where we could see Milkey Way at night. We took so many pictures on Fort with different foreground and Milkey Way as a background. We spent 2 hours for astro photography and share our skills for night photography.

At morning we decided to explore other side of fort. At 10.00 am we came back took our breakfast and at 11.00 am we start descending from fort. Half trek we came down by regular steps and after some time we change the rout and came down by different way which was little risky but it was shortcut. At 120.00 noon we start return journey by same road from where we came. That first 22 Km. from Pachad (Raigad Base) is really beautiful and curvy. At 8.00 pm we reached at Mumbai.

This photowalk end with new experiments, new knowledge and new friends….

Raigad Fort_Mady Velkar Photography_Solotravellers.jpgShivaji Maharaj with Milkey WayShivaji Maharaj with Milkey Way

Raigad Fort Home Stay and Food.jpegRaigad Fort with Solotravellers.jpeg

Old Structure on FortOld Structure on FortRaigad Fort (3).JPGPalkhi DarwajaPalkhi DarwajaRaigad Fort (5).JPGManoreManoreTrying ZoomTrying ZoomBaajarpethBaajarpethSunsetSunsetNight at FortNight at FortRaigad Fort (11).JPGRaigad Fort (12).JPGRaigad Fort (13).JPGRaigad Fort (14).JPGRaigad Fort (15).JPGRaigad Fort (16).JPGRaigad Fort (17).JPGRaigad Fort (18).JPG

Raigad Fort, Gherakilla Raigad, Maharashtra, India
8 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Raigad Photowalk

@MADY astrophotography is not that much easy and you did it. really I love this 1st & 2nd photos.

Thanks for the recap 🙂

Connect Moderator

Congrats to you all for success photo walk @MADY

Nice pictures thanks for sharing with us

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Level 8

Thank you so much
Level 8

Thank you so much

Former Google Contributor

@MADY Thanks for sharing this recap! I also love the pictures of the starry sky. We rarely see the stars here in London as the city has so many lights. I'm quite envious that you were able to sleep under the stars!

Look forward to hearing about your next meet-up.

Level 10

wow @MADY congratulation for your success in hosting a photowalk event. very interesting picture too to share here. thank you

Level 8

Thank you so much mam, it means a lot.