AnuradhaP's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 10

[RECAP] Pinnawala Photo Walk on Google Tour Builder

The Pinnawala Photo Walk was held on March 30, 2018 with two participants. It was a very interesting meetup with two participants. It was organized to take some beautiful photos of Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage and do some map editing around it.

This time I thought to tell the story of meetup using a Google Tour Builder. I think this is a very powerful tool which can be used by the Local Guides to tell their stories. Please follow this like to see the Recap of Pinnawala Photo Walk. I hope all of you will enjoy this. If you want to open it in Google Earth, please follow this link.

See it on Google Tour Builder.

See it on Google Earth.

Collage of Photo WalkCollage of Photo WalkI know some may not like to visit another site to read a meetup Recap, please visit this tour and share your views on using Google Tour Builder and Google Earth Voyage to tell the story.

@TraciC, What do you think? Is it a better way to tell a story of a meetup or other Local Guide related event? The Google Tour Builder can be improved a lot to help people to tell their stories. Is it possible to have a expert on Google Tour Builder to help Google Local Guides in the Connect?

Thank you @TaralaNayanaD for coming all the wat from Ja-Ela and participate in the meetup. You made the difference. 

@OSAMA @LucioV @ErmesT @KarenVChin @SoniaK @MahabubMunna @IlankovanT @ValeriaA_ What do you think? Is it a better way to tell your story? I mean the using the Google Tour Builder. I can not tag more people here. I will tag others in reply section to get their view on this.

This is the Recap video.

The following video shows how you can make paper from Elephant Dung. 

The Sound Track I used in the Recap video is a traditional sound track which is called “Gajaga Wannama”(a kind of recitation), which describes the behaviour of elephants. This belongs to the Kandyan dance form. I will write a separate post on this and

there are 18 Wannams in Kandyan dance form.

Do not forget to see the Google Photo Album of this meetup.
Here is the Recap video, I hope you like it.
This is the link to the video on making papers using elephant dung.
Hope you enjoyed this tour and see you all at the next meetup at Kandy.

Pinnawala Elephant Orphanage, B199, Rambukkana, Sri Lanka
37 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] Pinnawala Photo Walk using Google Tour Builder

Beautiful meetup @AnuradhaP. I really like this google tour builder.

Thank you for sharing this beautiful RECAP. 

I love both videos, especially making paper from Elephant Dung 😊

Did you see any baby elephants there?

Level 10

@IlankovanT Thanks. There were two elephants. You have missed one. ,,😂🤣😂🤣🤣😂😂

Level 10

@AnuradhaP Aiya you always unique .your every meetup better then previous  one :). hope one day join with your one meetup

Mahabub Hasan
Level 10

@MahabubMunna Thanks. I am expecting you in Sri Lanka. We will definitely do a meetup here. 

Level 10

Re: [RECAP] Pinnawala Photo Walk on Google Tour Builder

Hi @AnuradhaP! Yes, it's a great way to tell a story!

I've started to create something, but never finished! So turned out that commenting a shared photo album, for me worked better!

But it's a great recap and, of course, very well told! 🙂

Level 7

Wonderful article aiye..One of the most interesting thing the paper from dung..Very innovative ..

Level 8

Excellent job Anu @AnuradhaP

i am going through it and enjoying.

Best wishes from Maldives 🇲🇻

Level 8

@AnuradhaP is that a Zoo captivity? I noticed they put some stuff on the fence post is that to stop them from getting splinters? and the guy making paper out of Elephant

Dong Wow how did come with idea thanks for sharing bro, it was interesting  

Connect Moderator

Great meetup @AnuradhaP

Thanks for sharing this beautiful recap and videos with us.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.