EmekaUlor's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

[RECAP] Nigeria Accessible Walk-Mbaise

The quest to take Nigeria Accessibility Walk across the country is gaining momentum. This week we had two Meet ups in Imo State as part of the nationwide project. Last month Awka Local Guides also had a wonderful accessible walk to enable our differently abled citizens have useful information. 

We all know this is the rainy season. Imo State, of course is located in the tropical rainforest zone and it rained daily for three days. Imo Local Guides defiled the rain to ensure to had a successful engagement.IK (level 4), Emmanuel (level 2)', Udo2 (level 5) and Victor (newbie)IK (level 4), Emmanuel (level 2)', Udo2 (level 5) and Victor (newbie)

So, IK brought his friends to the Meet up and with these printed materials.🙌🙌🙌 @Udo2 and co

The Accessibility Walk took us to Ahiara Junction where most of the banks and shopping outlets are located. Accessibility trails were not available at most these modern structures,unfortunately. 

BankBank

HotelHotel

A visit to the Airport, 15mins drive, was worthwhile. Although we weren't allowed into the terminal, we took some photos and reviewed the locations.

GOOD NEWS

Then, out of the blues, we decided to check out one of the oldest Church building in the community and guess what? Voila 

St. Brigids ProCathederalSt. Brigids ProCathederal

Ramp at St. BrigidsRamp at St. Brigids

We went on to have some palm wine and nkwobi (sorry no photos, our phones and gadgets went off)

Finding one accessible ramp was fulfilling enough for this meetup. It's a stepping stone to towards making the community inclusive for differently enabled citizens.

Here is the photo album for your viewing https://photos.app.goo.gl/UyHdbgdsApZ11Q4r5

@NareshDarji @TraciC @KarenVChin @PaulPavlinovich @ErmesT 

Imo, Nigeria
7 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: [RECAP] Nigeria Accessible Walk-Mbaise

Congratulations bro @EmekaUlor for your great effort.

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Connect Moderator

@NareshDarji thank you brother. Yet to update full recap.

I appreciate your support.🙌🙌🙌

Connect Moderator

Hi @EmekaUlor great walk. It is really interesting to see the progression of different architectures and thinking as the commercial premises develop in your town. The few places with ramps are thinking of a new way of life. 

Regards Paul

Connect Moderator

@EmekaUlor, thanks for tagging me. Great recap and photos! Looks like you had another successful meetup! 

Interesting you could not go into the airport. At least, before you walk through security and go through the x-ray machine.  Did the airport entrance have a ramp for the disabled or automatic door openings?

Cheers,

Karen

Connect Moderator

@PaulPavlinovich you are quite observant. Truly, the archetural transformation took me a bit by surprise and I foresee more changes.

Thanks for your usual support.

Xoxo

Emeka 

Connect Moderator

@KarenVChin Thank you. Yes, I feel it was really successful having found some accessibility trails and more importantly inducting new LGs to help map the area. 

We were not allowed into the area for security purposes but I plan to go back with the hope of doing  a photowalk for the entire airport, with permission. 

Xoxo 

Emeka 

Level 8

@EmekaUlor good work!