Sagir's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Connect Moderator

RECAP: My culture My Pride

Lagos guidesLagos guides

It was a lovely afternoon when Lagos Local guides turn out to display the beauty of their different culture.

the meet up was scheduled to kick started by 12 noon and at about 1125am I as the host and @Treasure are already at the venue to set things ahead.

our meet up point is Nike art and Gallery; this place has the highest collection of art, paintings and sculptures in one place if not for the whole country but the whole of Lagos.

The aim is to tour the gallery and appreciate the art works most especially the ones that are cultural related.

At about 1305 we decided to commenced the tour with the help of guide from the gallery..

After exploring the 3 storey building filled up with art works, we took some pictures as you can see in this Album

we then move to a near by newly opened restaurant (KILIMANJARO Restaurant) and have a feast.

though Me I'm fasting but I make sure all my friends eat to their full.

After the meal a gift of chocolate box was shared to every body by me. the chocolate is made by KalabariGecko chocolates own by one of the Local guide.

this added colour to the fun.

at about 1628hrs we all say good bye and called it a day with smiley faces.

there are total of 21 people that put RSVP but 10 person + wife and 2 kids of Mr @Olumide1 are the actual number that make it.

My appreciation goes to: @HelloSamsonR @Lelekena @Specobelle @Mojidilet @Princess @Matilder @XanderO  @Olumide1 and @Treasure

Fulani and Yoruba outfitFulani and Yoruba outfit

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Nike Art Gallery, Elegushi Beach Road, 3rd Roundabout, Epe Expressway, Lekki, Nigeria
42 comments
Connect Moderator

Re: RECAP: My culture My Pride

this is dedicated to you : @LaxmiG1 @BishowvijayaP @Justine2807 @RupendraNeupane @AlejandraMaria @ValeriaA_ @Surendra @Julien44 @OSAMA @Anonymous

NO to PLASTIC, Together, we can Achieve

Connect Moderator

Hi, @Sagir

Thank you for sharing your fun recap and the album.

And thank you for @HelloSamsonR @Lelekena @Specobelle @Mojidilet  @Olumide1 @Olumide1 @Treasure and all participants:)

In the album, you look like you were eaten by a big crocodile, are you fine now 😛

Happy international culture day!

Level 9

wow so full of colours your cultural too looks awesome bro @Sagir
I like the cap you are wearing, does it called a special name ?
Congratulations for your successful meetup 🙂

Anonymous
Not applicable

Very interesting recap @Sagir, and we can see how rich your cultural heritage is! Those pictures looks so astonishing and I especially like sculptures, very artistic!

And your outfit is excellent, very bright ☺️! Seems that you all had some good time together!

Level 9

Hi @Sagir!

Great cultural meet-up with the happy and active Nigerian Community.

Very interesting Nike art and Gallery :)))

Congratulations to all of you.

Good Morning from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Connect Moderator

What a great meetup.. !!!

You guys looking very beautiful in your traditional dress. Thank you so much for sharing this beautiful pictures and recap with us bro @Sagir

About me | Guiding Star 2020 | Guiding Star 2020 |  | Follow me on Instagram & Follow me on Maps |   | Happy to Help

Please use '@' before the name to tag me.

Level 10

Thank you for sharing @Sagir it seems I missed the juicy part of the Meetup. Also, thank you for the chocolate bar, they taste great 🙂 

Level 10

It was an awesome moment @Sagir. A big thanks to you for hosting us. We so much appreciate your kind efforts on that very day. It was also great to meet with new local guides as well. I had an amazing time exploring the arts and culture of Nigeria.

P.S

I had serious fund and a good time. Looking forward to the next meetup.

Level 10

@HiroyukiTakisawa wrote:

Hi, @Sagir

Thank you for sharing your fun recap and the album.

And thank you for @HelloSamsonR @Lelekena @Specobelle @Mojidilet  @Olumide1 @Olumide1 @Treasure and all participants:)

In the album, you look like you were eaten by a big crocodile, are you fine now 😛

Happy international culture day!

Haha @HiroyukiTakisawa that crocodile was made of rubber. Seems like a real one on picture right ? Of course we are fine :D. Thank you for exploring our pictures, you will definitely find them amazing.