AlejandraMaria's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 9

[RECAP] FERIA Del Puerto de Santa María - Worldwide Cultural

FERIA  DEL PUERTO DE SANTA MARÍA - INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL DAY 

Hello, I am Alejandra and this time we have joined the International Cultural day coordinated by the Nepal Community (Laxmi and Bishow).

We choose one tipical celebration from the South of Spain, LA FERIA.

If you want to see us in motion we invite you to watch the video version

LA FERIA is an evolution from cattle fairs from the XV century, were Merchants negotiated with pigs, horses, sheep, cows and all kinds of animals.

Recinto FerialRecinto Ferial

We started our meet-up in the Central fountain.

On the Fair Ground you can see long tents, CASETAS, erect during a week every year on spring.

These CASETAS contains Bars where you can:

1. Eat Spanish fast food like fried fish, green peppers, spanish omelette, a delicious huevada a mix of eggs with green peppers and serrano ham, seafood...
  2. Drink. One special is Fino Wine, a dry white Sherry elaborated in the area. And there is a very popular version of it, a Beverage mixing this Fino Wine and Soda.
  3. Tables for eating , talking, dancing...
  4. A dance area.

We can wear FLAMENCO dresses:

Women: the dress is hugging the body until mid thigh, then several layers of ruffles.

The outfit is complete with flowers in the hair, big earrings, bracelets and a shawl over the shoulders.

Men: they wear a hat,  boots and a short jacket.

Typical Flamenco dress.Typical Flamenco dress.

The pathway is made of ALBERO, a yellow earth (remember we are travelling to the  cattle fairs from the past). You can see many horsemen and horsewomen even the police and it´s very common to have a horse carriage ride.

The DANCE is very important in this celebration. You don´t stop dancing all kind of music, but the most popular are:

1. Sevillanas: is composed of 4 parts and each part is divided in three parts. So you spend 3-5 depending on the speed of the song.
  2. Flamenco: this is more professional. and  people in a brave spontaneous way go out and dance.

KIDS have a lot of fun in  "El infierno"  we call it that way because the music is very high and there are attractions and Roller-Coasters.

They can eat sweets, cotton-candies, churros with chocolate and fritters.

The Main Entrance, LA PORTADA usually change every year, but the three last ones we have had this bull because is a symbol of the city.

We have noticed that the ACCESSIBILITY is important. Most of the Casetas have a ramp to access and in some of them we have seen adapted toilets, and the busses have a lift ramp and are ready to different needs.

Accessibility in La Feria del Puerto de Santa MaríaAccessibility in La Feria del Puerto de Santa María

We are very happy because GLASS RECYCLING is included in most of the casetas. We go in the good direction :))

Glass Recycling in la Feria del Puerto de Santa MaríaGlass Recycling in la Feria del Puerto de Santa María

One of the main ways to go and come from the Feria is by BUS, and this is the option we choose.

This is how LA FERIA del Puerto de Santa María looks like. Would you like to come?

Thank you very much for reading this post and have been interested in the Spanish Culture.

Alejandra.

51 comments
Level 9

Re: [RECAP] FERIA Del Puerto de Santa María - Worldwide Cultural

Wonderful Recap video and nice meet up @AlejandraMaria your Typical Flamenco dress is simply awesome,Thank you for sharing with us...

Level 10

wow! @AlejandraMaria you look so lovely and beautiful in Fleminco. By seeing your exclusive photos previously I was so inquisitive about the recap. Finally I have it here. Everything is well covered up. Thank you so much for conducting a meetup there being a part of cultural event. 

I am in a hurry to check the video now. If I miss it then I will miss the liveliness of the event. See you soon there. 

Once again thank you so much!

Since you picked up the issue of recycling so this is worth shareable to @ErmesT. I hope he loves it. 🙂

Level 9

This is very very nice informative posts about great cultural Country from great member @AlejandraMaria ,

I like everything specially the Food part :-))))

And you look amazing in Flamingo Dress 🙂

Connect Moderator

Hola @AlejandraMaria, your flamenco dress me encanta. Muchas gracias a @BishowvijayaP por el tag. La Feria, es más o menos el nombre que se usa en Italia también, "la Fiera". And I love to see that the recycling is very active in there, so thank you very much por compartirlo. Hehe, I know I am mixing languages in here, but I cannot avoid to add a bit of Spanish, in this post that is showing the must known aspects of your country.

If you will be invited for Connect Live 18 (I hope so) I suggest you to bring your flamenco dress with you. I know @TraciC will love it.

High five to all your community from North of Italy

Ermes

Level 8

@AlejandraMaria wrote:

FERIA  DEL PUERTO DE SANTA MARÍA - INTERNATIONAL CULTURAL DAY 

Hello, I am Alejandra and this time we have joined the International Cultural day coordinated by the Nepal Community (Laxmi and Bishow).

We choose one tipical celebration from the South of Spain, LA FERIA.

If you want to see us in motion we invite you to watch the video version

LA FERIA is an evolution from cattle fairs from the XV century, were Merchants negotiated with pigs, horses, sheep, cows and all kinds of animals.

Recinto FerialRecinto Ferial

We started our meet-up in the Central fountain.

On the Fair Ground you can see long tents, CASETAS, erect during a week every year on spring.

These CASETAS contains Bars where you can:

1. Eat Spanish fast food like fried fish, green peppers, spanish omelette, a delicious huevada a mix of eggs with green peppers and serrano ham, seafood...
  2. Drink. One special is Fino Wine, a dry white Sherry elaborated in the area. And there is a very popular version of it, a Beverage mixing this Fino Wine and Soda.
  3. Tables for eating , talking, dancing...
  4. A dance area.

We can wear FLAMENCO dresses:

Women: the dress is hugging the body until mid thigh, then several layers of ruffles.

The outfit is complete with flowers in the hair, big earrings, bracelets and a shawl over the shoulders.

Men: they wear a hat,  boots and a short jacket.

Typical Flamenco dress.Typical Flamenco dress.

The pathway is made of ALBERO, a yellow earth (remember we are travelling to the  cattle fairs from the past). You can see many horsemen and horsewomen even the police and it´s very common to have a horse carriage ride.

The DANCE is very important in this celebration. You don´t stop dancing all kind of music, but the most popular are:

1. Sevillanas: is composed of 4 parts and each part is divided in three parts. So you spend 3-5 depending on the speed of the song.
  2. Flamenco: this is more professional. and  people in a brave spontaneous way go out and dance.

KIDS have a lot of fun in  "El infierno"  we call it that way because the music is very high and there are attractions and Roller-Coasters.

They can eat sweets, cotton-candies, churros with chocolate and fritters.

The Main Entrance, LA PORTADA usually change every year, but the three last ones we have had this bull because is a symbol of the city.

We have noticed that the ACCESSIBILITY is important. Most of the Casetas have a ramp to access and in some of them we have seen adapted toilets, and the busses have a lift ramp and are ready to different needs.

Accessibility in La Feria del Puerto de Santa MaríaAccessibility in La Feria del Puerto de Santa María

We are very happy because GLASS RECYCLING is included in most of the casetas. We go in the good direction :))

Glass Recycling in la Feria del Puerto de Santa MaríaGlass Recycling in la Feria del Puerto de Santa María

One of the main ways to go and come from the Feria is by BUS, and this is the option we choose.

This is how LA FERIA del Puerto de Santa María looks like. Would you like to come?

Thank you very much for reading this post and have been interested in the Spanish Culture.

Alejandra.

Wow Alejandra, 

Who is this beautiful lady in red? 😀😀😀

Good evening from the Maldives.

Excellent recap Alejandra. Wish you success in your future meet-ups too.

Ciao.

Level 9

Thank you very for your kinds words @NirmalTeja :)))

I am very happy you like our Flamenco dress 💃💃💃💃

Good Evening from the South of Spain,

Alejandra.

Level 9

Hi @BishowvijayaP!

I am totally agree that you have followed all the process! You have made a great job coordinating the International Culture day with @LaxmiG1  👏👏👏👏

We had an incredible time with this meet-up!

I have started to take in consideration other aspects like wheelchair accessibility and recycling in our meet-ups, thanks for tagging our friend Ermes 😉

And many many thanks for being so enthusiastic  Olé 💃💃💃

Alejandra.

Level 9

Hi @OSAMA!

Thank you very much for your positive feedback , I really appreciate it :))) 

I can imagine you would choose the seafood, one of your favorites 😉

I am glad you like our flamingo dresses 💃💃💃💃

Alejandra.

Level 9

Hola amigo @ErmesT !

Thank you very much for coming to this "Typical Spanish" Post.

I accept the challenge!!! If I will attend to Local Connect Live 2018,  in the reception party I will be wearing a Flamenco dress and we both will dance Sevillanas 💃💃💃💃

With the great project you are coordinating, LGCTW, we are being more and more concious about recycling.

Now I look with different eyes what is happening arround and it was a really great surprised find that in La Feria the Town Hall of El Puerto de Santa María is promoting glass recycling.

We are not at German level like @TorM, but this is going in good direction :))) We need to start with something... 

Buenas Noches desde el Sur de España,

Alejandra.