Fructy's post
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 8

[RECAP] Fóti fotóséta

Before I start my short recap, I would like write a little history about this city and the visited sights. 

Fót is about 17 kilometres (11 miles) north of the edge of Budapest. The North Hungarian foothills lie to the west. The highest point of nearby Somlyó Hill reaches 287 metres (942 feet) above sea level. The older areas of Fót feature the notable Catholic Szeplőtelen Fogantatás (Immaculate Conception) Church, built between 1845 and 1855, and the Károlyi Palace, both designed by architect Miklós Ybl.

First @Andras_H and I visited the impressive Immaculate Conception Church and made pictures and we took a short walk in the church's gardens. The weather was a little bit gloomy and chilly, but the walk in the center was really pleasant. We saw christmas lights and decorations everywhere. We checked and corrected some outdated information on Maps and took pictures about a bakery, lottery shop, culture center and city hall

Our last target was the Károlyi Palace. The building really needs a renovation, however an outstanding restaurant (Fóti Kastély Étterem) operates the left side of the palace. 

I think the best part of our meetup was the finale, we ate a really delicious dinner there. 🙂 My food was Roasted duck leg with red cabbage and mashed potatoes. After our visit we wrote review about the places.

We are planning our next meetup in Budapest, we are hoping to see more active Hungarian Local Guides. 

2018-01-07_16-58-01_DSC_3516.jpg2018-01-07_16-58-35_DSC_3517.jpg2018-01-07_16-58-52_DSC_3518.jpg2018-01-07_17-29-39_DSC_3524.jpg2018-01-07_17-43-32_DSC_3528.jpgfot1.jpgIMG_20180107_154541_HDR.jpgIMG_20180107_161111_HDR.jpgIMG_20180107_153547.jpgIMG_20180107_160110.jpgIMG_20180107_161307.jpgIMG_20180107_175831.jpgIMG_20180107_180101.jpgIMG_20180107_160220.jpg

Fót, Hungary
7 comments
Former Google Contributor

Re: [RECAP] Fóti fotóséta

Fantastic photos, thanks for sharing!

Level 8

Thank you! 🙂

Connect Moderator

Wonderful recap, @Fructy and brilliant photos, as usual! 

Connect Moderator

Thanks @Fructy

And Andras (cannot tag on phone with the _) for the interesting post and for the beautiful photos (as usual)

Ermes 

Level 8

Let me share also a few photos about this meetup. Actually this was our 3rd meetup, (1st and the 2nd were at Godollo city).

However we were only two, it was fun:) Next time we will pick a more frequent place (and weather as well) and maybe more LGs will come. This time we picked a city which is around 20 km far from our capital city, Budapest. 

So here are a few photos (all of them made by phone:P)

Fot - Roman Catholic Church - side buildingFot - Roman Catholic Church - side buildingFot - Roman Catholic Church, Main door,Fot - Roman Catholic Church, Main door,Bakery, called "Sütöde"Bakery, called "Sütöde"Károlyi Palace,Károlyi Palace,Inside the Károlyi Palace - dinner:)Inside the Károlyi Palace - dinner:)dinnerdinner

Connect Moderator

Wow @Andras_H, beautiful photos.

The Castle surprise me, because "castle" is a word that I usually associate with Towers and Walls, protection against war and enemies. This castle tell me words like peace and beauty.

Did you had dinner at the castle? There is a restaurant inside?

I know, I am curious, but your city is at less than 6 hours from my house. Now I am quite busy, but the tought to take the car and drive there to meet you and @Fructy is moving around in my head.

Sincerly

Ermes

Level 8

Thanks @ErmesT, and actually you are right, that was my mistake - I have corrected it from castle to palace:)

Unfortunately the Karolyi Palace is not in the best condition, however a small part (left side of the building) functions as a restaurant, yes. It has of course a special unique mood, with huge areas.

hehe, your are welcome any time. Let us know if you are planning to visit the city or us:)